I want to chose what the people can see on my profile
Why I can only select private or not?
Steam must leave to people to chose what to make readable on their accounts for example I do not want to let people see my archivments, or the time and the date of them, but I want to show my screenshots or my guide....
Last edited by Nathan Algren; Jul 28, 2016 @ 4:55am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Eludium Jul 28, 2016 @ 4:52am 
Indeed, great idea.
melonjous Jul 28, 2016 @ 4:53am 
Well your doing a good job so far you have a prvate profile
Nathan Algren Jul 28, 2016 @ 4:57am 
yes but I do not want it I only what to hide some informations:AngrySword:
Nathan Algren Jul 30, 2016 @ 2:28am 
some one know how to ask to steam people ?
You can set permissions of what you want your friends/public to see of your profile. They include:

Profile Status
Profile comments
Inventory

All of this can be accessed by doing the following:

Click on your username, followed by Profile, and finally by clicking on Edit Profile.

Simple, no?
Last edited by Astro_80 (WASH YOUR HANDS!); Jul 30, 2016 @ 4:12am
username12121 Jul 30, 2016 @ 6:47am 
Originally posted by Astro_80:
You can set permissions of what you want your friends/public to see of your profile. They include:

Profile Status
Profile comments
Inventory

All of this can be accessed by doing the following:

Click on your username, followed by Profile, and finally by clicking on Edit Profile.

Simple, no?
It is simple, but I think the op is asking that there could be options to have a public profile but not have to show some of the things that our profiles automatically show....for example, what games you own and how long you've played them. This sort of information is something that other people don't need to know about unless we want them to. Currently if we don't want that seen we really can't show our profile to anyone, which sort of makes having a profile a bit pointless.
Last edited by username12121; Jul 30, 2016 @ 6:47am
Nathan Algren Jul 30, 2016 @ 8:32am 
username12121 have the point.

You can trade on the market and you can show screenshot or guide or your opinion on a game in the game page iven with a private profile, but if you want show them trouth your profile and let the people from your friend list to see them without open the page of the games, you need to set all your profile visible. Iven arkivments, time of games ecc.
On other social for example you can chose what your friends from the friend list can see in different way from one to an other.
Nathan Algren Aug 2, 2016 @ 4:14am 
an option could be to make your profile visible to your friends, but being able to put not redable to some one of your friend list, this will be able to solve some problems, but steel could be better to be able to modify the privicy of all profile (archivments, screenshot, reviw, friends, games and hours of play...)
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 28, 2016 @ 4:49am