the update is dated;

February 15, 2013 - Steam Client Update Released
Changes:
- Fixed texture corruption when using the Game Overlay in OpenGL games
- Fixed failing to do HTTP downloads from hosts that started with a numeral
- Linux - Added X window manager name to system info dialog
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 27 kommentista
I have the same problem. Every time I start steam it runs the updater even though it's already up to date.
carol 18.2.2013 klo 17.07 
Same here - anyway to stop this. Really annoying!
I had this problem, and did a quick refresh of Steam by deleting everything but the Steam.exe, steamapps, and userdata, then running the .exe and letting it reacquire everything. Problem is, now I've been hit with the bug where your taskbar icon stays green/yellow despite there being no game or tool downloads occuring. So be wary of that.
I am having the same problem as well. Updater runs on every start, not participating in the Steam Beta.
Ensure you're running steam as an admin
I'm having the same problem, running as admin doesn't fix it.

Steam sometimes asks me to restart when running the background, and it's always because of the same update (February 15, same as OP).

I never had a problem like this before.
Anyone got it fixed yet?
I have the steam update when i first boot up the computer, after windows is all done. after that minor steam update, it gose away.
The problem has fixed itself for me.
It's finally fixed. The last things I did were:

- Properties > Compatibility > "Change settings for all users" > Run as admin.
- Set to participate in Steam beta, then change it back after a few days.

Other options I tried before did not fix it. Like deleting ClientRegistry.blob, and updating Windows, or run as admin for only one user.

Steam support told me to delete everything but the Steam.exe, Userdata and SteamApps, which were around 2GB that I had to redownload. None of that was needed.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on savetehforests; 3.3.2013 klo 22.42
The problem as also re-occured for me after going away for a short while. Im a Win 7 64 bit. I will just wait for a patch instead of messing around and wasting my time on it.
py00q lähetti viestin:
It's finally fixed. The last things I did were:

- Properties > Compatibility > "Change settings for all users" > Run as admin.
- Set to participate in Steam beta, then change it back after a few days.

Other options I tried before did not fix it. Like deleting ClientRegistry.blob, and updating Windows, or run as admin for only one user.

Steam support told me to delete everything but the Steam.exe, Userdata and SteamApps, which were around 2GB that I had to redownload. None of that was needed.

This works, it has worked for myself and a few friends :) Thanks so much :)
Actuall I found that just subscribing to beta releases and allowing steam to restart fixed the issue. Obviously fixed in the upcoming release when it goes out of beta.
this is stupid its like i was too ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ happy to play and steam updater showed up and ♥♥♥♥♥♥ me for a week
damn update again??? every day have update??? just for new trash items???? wtf we just want to play... damn!
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 27 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 18.2.2013 klo 12.49