Όλες οι συζητήσεις > Φόρουμ Steam > Help and Tips > Λεπτομέρειες θέματος
Offline steam does not work, What a waste of time and money
Why is that when you buy a game, then try going offline it does not work.
I work abroad in my off time while i am away i like to play the odd game, I got two new games 4 month ago and still haven`t managed to play them, as offline does not work.While I am away my laptop is never connevted to the internet s there is none.
I set up my steam to offline check it two days before I go all seems good get to work and get the message, You cannot play steam offline due to no log on details stored on this computer.
Steam can you give me my money back plesae as I think its unfair that your systen stops me chillin in my time off.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-8 από 8 σχόλια
You have to go into offline mode with an internet connection before you go abroad.

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Hakari; 29 Ιαν 2013, 7:31
Go in to settings > account. At the bottom make sure the box that says "Don't save account credentials on this computer" is not ticked as offline mode will not work if it is. Also make sure that your games are up to date before you intend to go offline or they may not work.
I've not really had issues with offline mode. Though I find that XP has more issues do to the way it tends to 'abort' Steam rather than closing it properly.
Offline mode works perfectly. follow this and you can't go wrong...

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-AGCB-2555
To be fair, i've never had any problems at all. i don't even SAVE the account credentials on the computer and i need to log in manually every time i boot the pc up. When i had no internet connection, it just asked me if i wanted to go offline and went into the last account that was logged in. (this may be an issue... but thats another story).
same thing happened to me a while ago. check if u are having any game in progress of downloading/patching. unless its finished in downloading/patching u wont able to play that game offline
have to have internet before going into offline mode
Thanks for the info, I do set staem up before I go, I have spoke to two of my mates they have the problem, They are blaming Norton, cause after Norton does a scan or system check there steam does not work offline, this is after they have been offline playing,
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-8 από 8 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Όλες οι συζητήσεις > Φόρουμ Steam > Help and Tips > Λεπτομέρειες θέματος
Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 29 Ιαν 2013, 6:54
Αναρτήσεις: 8