Toto téma bylo uzamčeno
Can you play your Steam games on two computers
I new to Steam so I still don't know the basics. If I have one computer with a steam account can i play the games I downloaded on that account on another computer using the same steam account?
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 21 komentářů
Not with the same account.
thanks you just saved me from alot of disappointment
OverlordTomala is incorrect

you can use your Steam account and games on any computer - just not on more than one PC at a time. When you log into your account on one computer you will automatically log out on any other PC where you are logged into Steam.

You will of course need to remember your account login details and have access to your email so that you can authorise the new PC with Steamguard.
Ahhh sorry, I misunderstood the question. I thought he wanted to play on the same account on two systems.

Me dumb.
So if I download a game on my laptop, I can also go onto my computer and download the same game without purchasing it again?
Ah yeah! You've been alot of help thanks
Related question: I have recently setup a LAN (2 PCs via a router) and I want to pre-load a couple of games for tomorrow night when a friend is coming over to play. I have Steam installed on both PCs. If I log in on the "new" PC with my Steam log in and then DL the game files, does that mean that my friend will be able to load Steam, log in with his profile and the games will be ready to play? Or will it force him to d/l via his profile?

TLDR: Can two accounts use the same files on the same PC at different times as long as they have purchased that game via Steam prior to logging in?
crobb 19. čvc. 2013 v 16.10 
YouR_Mum's_CuDDLy původně napsal:
Related question: I have recently setup a LAN (2 PCs via a router) and I want to pre-load a couple of games for tomorrow night when a friend is coming over to play. I have Steam installed on both PCs. If I log in on the "new" PC with my Steam log in and then DL the game files, does that mean that my friend will be able to load Steam, log in with his profile and the games will be ready to play? Or will it force him to d/l via his profile?

TLDR: Can two accounts use the same files on the same PC at different times as long as they have purchased that game via Steam prior to logging in?

I've done this with Valve titles before, I don't have much else :p.
Anyways, you can have both PCs have the same account, though has to be in offline mode. Start a server in the online mode PC, then open console and type in "status" and find the IP. Now open the console on the offline mode PC and type in "connect *IP*".
YouR_Mum's_CuDDLy původně napsal:
Can two accounts use the same files on the same PC at different times as long as they have purchased that game via Steam prior to logging in?
Yes.

edit: I just realized this was an old question that Coromoron bumped; oh well.
Naposledy upravil Nacimota; 19. čvc. 2013 v 16.13
you can play 2 games 2 comps 1 account
i do this all the time to keep my farming up while i have a little action
Hello,can somebody please answer i really need to know.
I have on my steam account shadow of mordor and my friend really wants to try that game but he doesnt own it.
The thing is i wanted to give him my account to play that game but only in offline mode.So,is it possible to play at the same time on two computers if one acc is in offline mode and the other in online mode,will i get a ban or something ?
Just a question:

Can I do the following:

1. Play a game on first PC with same acc
2. Play the same game on another PC but same acc
The Chivalrous Arrow původně napsal:
Just a question:

Can I do the following:

1. Play a game on first PC with same acc
2. Play the same game on another PC but same acc

Yes, but you can only play the game on 1 computer at any given time, which means the game cannot be running on both pc's at the same time. The game will download to any pc you log into your account with.
Side note; I have another question, say I couldn't DL the files of the game I've already purchased on my Desktop onto my laptop, can I copy the game files from the steam folders on to my laptop and play them there, logged in fully into steam and everything? Or do I have to absolutely re-DL the game from steam?
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 21 komentářů
Na stránku: 1530 50

Datum zveřejnění: 18. pro. 2012 v 0.28
Počet příspěvků: 21