╫Axis-Scrim╫ MrOats Apr 19, 2013 @ 11:37am
SteamPipe Update not so good?
"After the conversion process is complete, the game will take less space on your hard disk than before" -SteamPipe Support Page
This is so misleading, before I converted my games I've checked how much space they take up, and checked how much space they take up after. This is how it went- CSS before steampipe: 2.9 GB, CSS after steampipe: 9.8 GB, DOD:S before steampipe: 380 MB, DOD:S after steampipe: 4.11 GB. Seriously? I might as well unistall it and free up my HDD space for something more important.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
╫Axis-Scrim╫ MrOats Apr 19, 2013 @ 12:04pm 
Okay, I've now completely wiped out any traces of CSS on my Hard Drive and reinstalled it. It's still taking up more space, but it's better now. CSS currently takes up 4.25 GB.
╫Axis-Scrim╫ MrOats Apr 19, 2013 @ 1:03pm 
I've done the same thing to Day of Defeat Source, it lowered down to 3.4 GB now. Still though, why is the game taking up more space than before?
aiusepsi Apr 19, 2013 @ 10:55pm 
Are you accounting for them not using GCF files any more too?
╫Axis-Scrim╫ MrOats Apr 20, 2013 @ 6:52am 
I have no knowledge if the GCF to VPK switch is any better, but this is really annoying to find the games taking up more space than it used to be, I do find myself joining games slightly faster and customization more organized.
cake (bday) Apr 20, 2013 @ 7:49am 
4.2 sounds right, you're forgetting CSS used shared gcfs with other valve games (which it no longer does)
╫Axis-Scrim╫ MrOats Apr 24, 2013 @ 6:03pm 
Bump. Seriously Valve why are the games taking up more space?
facedown Apr 24, 2013 @ 6:41pm 
Originally posted by {ĐĢ} MrOats:
Bump. Seriously Valve why are the games taking up more space?
Did you read your own thread? Before Steampiepe not all files related to the game was storede in the same directory as the game. They use GCF files, and they tended to be very large files. People in this thread asking you if you took those into account and you just ignore them.
Last edited by facedown; Apr 24, 2013 @ 6:42pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2013 @ 11:37am