Xoffy Jan 20, 2015 @ 5:36pm
Steam Support is Terrible.
I've been waiting 18 days straight for Steam Support to reply to my ticket for my items back, from some scammer. I am getting pretty disappointed how I cannot get a reply in 2 weeks+ with that large of a company. This is basically just a rant, but I also need help as to how to get their attention.. please help. :bbtcat:
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
FFL2and3rocks Jan 20, 2015 @ 5:38pm 
All you can do is wait. They're receiving tickets faster than they can answer them because they're a small company with millions of customers.
Xoffy Jan 20, 2015 @ 5:40pm 
Originally posted by FFL2and3rocks:
All you can do is wait. They're receiving tickets faster than they can answer them because they're a small company with millions of customers.
My friend sent in a ticket about a day later, telling that he got scammed aswell (because he did) and he got a reply before me, it's absolutely horrid. They should also have enough money to hire people for the support section.
Last edited by Xoffy; Jan 20, 2015 @ 5:43pm
Xoffy Jan 20, 2015 @ 5:54pm 
Eesh, now it looks like I have to wait another 18 days... -.-
Silicon Vampire Jan 20, 2015 @ 5:55pm 
throwing money and people at a user generated issue probably would be self-destructive. support is flooded by users that don't understand Internet/account security.

your friend may have gotten an answer first for any number of reasons, most likely he supplied better info to start or the issue was easier to investigate. you just don't know.
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Jan 20, 2015 @ 5:55pm
Xoffy Jan 20, 2015 @ 5:58pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
throwing money and people at a user generated issue probably would be self-destructive. support is flooded by users that don't understand account security.

your friend may have gotten an answer first for any number of reasons, most likely he supplied better info to start or the issue was easier to investigate. you just don't know.
I can understand that, I've provided lots of evidence, and a long ticket, because the situation was THAT complicated. I'm pretty sure I have supplied better info, but considering the fact that my ticket is more of a problem to fix, I sort of understand.
Mic Jan 20, 2015 @ 6:36pm 
Steam support is terrible as the OP states and you the user must do everything possible to avoid any need for it, ever. I have no notion my ticket will be taken care of properly or the first time for a simple unexpected error has occured adding to steam wallet. The only self destructive actions here is no desire to fix this entity they call support.
supertrooper225 Jan 20, 2015 @ 6:37pm 
Originally posted by Mic:
Steam support is terrible as the OP states and you the user must do everything possible to avoid any need for it, ever. I have no notion my ticket will be taken care of properly or the first time for a simple unexpected error has occured adding to steam wallet. The only self destructive actions here is no desire to fix this entity they call support.

Quit your own self destructive actions that require you to use support. Yes, the user must do whatever they can to make sure they do things right. Not bug support for every simple issue under the sun. I haven't had to file a ticket once. I have been using Steam since it was created.
Last edited by supertrooper225; Jan 20, 2015 @ 6:41pm
Originally posted by Xoffy:
I've been waiting 18 days straight for Steam Support to reply to my ticket for my items back, from some scammer. I am getting pretty disappointed how I cannot get a reply in 2 weeks+ with that large of a company. This is basically just a rant, but I also need help as to how to get their attention.. please help. :bbtcat:

The fact is, Valve's policy is that they do not return items lost due to scams, bad trades, and hijacks. If you are lucky they might grant you a customer service gesture and return some or all of them, but you cannot count on it and if they do it will be one time only, so be absolutely sure your computer is cleaned of the malware that lost them in the first place.

There is no way to "get their attention" or jump the line, every ticket is answered in turn. The time it takes depends on their current ticket load and what is in them. Valve is not a large company, they simply have a large number of accounts. The company itself is actually very small.
Mic Jan 29, 2015 @ 6:38pm 
Originally posted by supertrooper225:
Originally posted by Mic:

Quit your own self destructive actions that require you to use support. Yes, the user must do whatever they can to make sure they do things right. Not bug support for every simple issue under the sun. I haven't had to file a ticket once. I have been using Steam since it was created.

This was an epic fail on your part. The same credit card has been on file for over 2 years with a expiration date of 2019. I go to buy something, An error has occurred, contact support but don't expect a reply. The only destructive thing I did was support steam.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 20, 2015 @ 5:36pm