macshac Oct 28, 2014 @ 6:22am
mods
What is the point of having steam if they do things like update games that wipe out my mods?
I have the timeline series and I cannot get my weapons to function they fire without sound and movement spoiols the mods completely.
Makes me want to delete steam altogether.
Long term memeber
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
 KARR™ Oct 28, 2014 @ 6:23am 
The mod author needs to update their mod to work with the latest version of the game.

It's the lifecycle of games and mods.
macshac Oct 28, 2014 @ 6:26am 
Thats all well and good but some old mods are no loger supported and anyway how dare you say steam can do this with impunity on my computer where I shound be able to keep what I want
Satoru Oct 28, 2014 @ 6:29am 
It's not Steams responsibility ensure your old mods work

Blame the mod maker
Fox Oct 28, 2014 @ 6:38am 
Originally posted by macshac:
What is the point of having steam if they do things like update games that wipe out my mods?
I have the timeline series and I cannot get my weapons to function they fire without sound and movement spoiols the mods completely.
Long term memeber
Steam's core point IS to update to the latest version should it differ from the installed version.
AFAIK, developers can provide old versions as needed, so, you may wish to ask them. But I may be dead wrong, though.
MikeMakeSuffer Nov 28, 2014 @ 3:12pm 
I was thinking about buying the doom games on steam anyone know if ill be able to d/l mods for it still and is there any steam operated mods for it ?
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Nov 28, 2014 @ 3:23pm 
Long term memeber
Mods aren't supported, that's why. They never have been.
Dagnabbit Nov 28, 2014 @ 3:34pm 
...how dare you say steam can do this with impunity on my computer where I shound be able to keep what I want

You might wanna read the SSA.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 28, 2014 @ 6:22am