BOT BRAŇO Aug 31, 2014 @ 3:37am
Frames Per Second: How much details affect your FPS?
How much? How huge is the difference between low and medium or low and high when comes to FPS? Does Very High instead of High affect that much your FPS? I just want to know, how much different level of details affect your FPS in generous.
Last edited by BOT BRAŇO; Aug 31, 2014 @ 3:38am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
ReBoot Aug 31, 2014 @ 3:40am 
In general, yes. But it depends on your graphics card. If it can render the game on very high details fast, lowering the details won't do anything. If your card struggles, lowering the details will help the game run faster.
Compare that to your car. You can load your car with 3 tons and go fast? Then loading less won't it help go faster. Your car struggles with 300kg of additional load? Well...
BOT BRAŇO Aug 31, 2014 @ 3:41am 
Originally posted by ReBoot:
In general, yes. But it depends on your graphics card. If it can render the game on very high details fast, lowering the details won't do anything. If your card struggles, lowering the details will help the game run faster.
Compare that to your car. You can load your car with 3 tons and go fast? Then loading less won't it help go faster. Your car struggles with 300kg of additional load? Well...

My pc is crappy - thats for sure. The thing is that I think lowering your details from Medium to Low does not make that difference like changing your resolution.
ReBoot Aug 31, 2014 @ 3:43am 
Originally posted by SadDogEyes:

My pc is crappy - thats for sure. The thing is that I think lowering your details from Medium to Low does not make that difference like changing your resolution.
What do you want? I gave you a generic answer, perfectly suited for your generic question. So the question is now, what do you want?
Chubby Hippo Aug 31, 2014 @ 3:43am 
Could you post your specs? As this will affect my later answer.
BOT BRAŇO Aug 31, 2014 @ 3:43am 

What do you want? I gave you a generic answer, perfectly suited for your generic question. So the question is now, what do you want?

I dont want anything, I was just saying :D

It depends on the details. Shadows, anti aliasing and post process effects take alot of power while higher resolution textures take alot of GPU memory.
30K Aug 31, 2014 @ 3:45am 
If you change yor resolution yor graphicscard doesnt need to render many pixels so it will give you a lot fps, if you just adjust the details it would give also fps but not as much as changing the resolution

sry for english im german but im still learning
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 31, 2014 @ 3:37am