Colonel Bogey 2013년 2월 24일 오전 11시 03분
Sharing games / parental controls question.
Hi. Basically my nine year old daughter wants to be able to play The Sims 3 which I have in my Steam games library. I have set up a different windows 7 user account for her which has no administrator privileges and parental controls enabled. My problem is that I don't appear to be able to get her account to 'see' the installation of The Sims 3. So basically in order for her to play I'm forced to allow her to be signed into my Windows 7 administrator account which has no parental controls on it. Which seems ludicrous.

Am I missing something obvious or is there really no solution to this?
< >
5개 댓글 중 1-5개 표시
Law 2013년 2월 24일 오전 11시 14분 
How is it not seeing it? Can the game not be run from Steam on that account?

I've never really toyed with the parental control settings or anything but is her account locked out of seeing the \Program Filea\Steam folder?
Law 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 2월 24일 오전 11시 15분
Colonel Bogey 2013년 2월 24일 오전 11시 16분 
I'm very confused. Basically the only game that the games explorer 'sees' when logged into her account is Fallout New Vegas, which is blocked as it's an 18. But the explorer doesn't see any of the other games. And I don't know how to add them iyswim. If I could work out how to do that then the problem would be solved, I think...
Law 2013년 2월 24일 오전 11시 19분 
Can you navigate directly to X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common through the windows explorer on her account, find the Sims 3 folder and try running it directly from the EXE?

I'm not sure how steam works in regard to folder permissions, but you may need to give her account permission to see the \common folder.

edit: Or perhaps try running Steam as an administrator?
Law 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 2월 24일 오전 11시 21분
Colonel Bogey 2013년 2월 24일 오전 11시 25분 
Yes, that worked! :D

Why didn't I think of that? lol Anyway, thanks for your help. :)
Colonel Bogey 2013년 2월 24일 오전 11시 27분 
I just found the launcher .exe and created shortcut to desktop and it launched.
< >
5개 댓글 중 1-5개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2013년 2월 24일 오전 11시 03분
게시글: 5