Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Steam Discussions > Подробности темы
Тема закрыта
Steam client not showing what it's downloading
My Steam client just downloaded 345 megs of... something. It didn't actually show what it was, and this is a little odd. A new client bug?

It looked like this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38304539/steamwot.png
< >
Сообщения 19 из 9
If you unpause the download and hover your mouse over the small Steam icon on the taskbar by your clock, it should pop-up a description of what it's downloading.
BTW, mine is doing the same thing, and appears to be downloading Star Trek Online, which I neither own nor want.
Interesting, thanks for the reply.

Sadly, I can't actually do that, as it's done downloading, 345 megs doesn't take long.. I'm mostly curious as to what it's up to. It's a bit odd.

(I hope it isn't Star Trek Online, I would have to kill that with fire)
What OS? My wife's XP box is doing that too... but not my W7 or stepson's Vista...
Отредактировано Silicon Vampire; 14 фев. 2013 г. в 13:17
Mine is happening on Vista.
Retesting Vista now, it hadn't updated yet...
Отредактировано Silicon Vampire; 14 фев. 2013 г. в 13:38
Here's what I did to stop the 5 gb download. I went to the ST:O store page, hit "Play" (since it's free), ran through the Install Wizard which finally made the game show up in my library and downloads. Then I stopped the download, and deleted the local files through the right-click menu.
Weirdly, after doing that, the game once again vanished from my Library. Very weird.
My client's doing this as well. This needs to end immediately. This is the sort of thing that makes me uninstall an application and never look back. I'm trying to be as understanding as I can about this, but Steam is using up all of my available bandwidth and filling up my disk with stuff I never asked for.
Well, restarted the Vista box and it still isn't doing this. As soon as I have a chance, I'll see if I can do the store page thing and stop the DL permenantly. Very strange though...

BTW, I have made Valve aware of this thread/issue.
Автор сообщения: Silicon Vampire
What OS? My wife's XP box is doing that too... but not my W7 or stepson's Vista...

In my case, 64 bit W7.

(To everyone else, glad it's not just me, thanks for speaking up)
< >
Сообщения 19 из 9
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Steam Discussions > Подробности темы
Дата создания: 14 фев. 2013 г. в 12:51