DON'T PANIC!Something is not working with my alpha!!
First, re-read the title of this topic and take a few deep breaths. Good? Good.Please Do Not make a new topic just about your problem.
Especially Do Not make posts spamming "PLEASE HELP ME" - this is just obnoxious and will not help anyone.How can I be helpful and let the devs best know about bugs?
Please Do one or more of the following:
A note about bugs and alphas:
- Email Wolfire a detailed bug report to email@example.com.
- Reply directly to the most recent "Unofficial alpha ##, weekly build" topic, which is stickied at the top of the Secret Preorder Forum. This way other users that have had similar issues might be able to help you. Again, check the Bug Reporting Station for some tips on what you should include in your post.
- Ask politely on the Wolfire IRC channel if someone can help you.
While Overgrowth is in Alpha the number one priority is to implement the core features of the game that are still missing (For example: weapons combat and better AI. This is necessary before the devs can even begin working on the final gameplay content of the game).
Unfortunately this means that the alphas will be buggy and unoptimized, so please assume that they may not run on your computer. This is the definition of an Alpha.
If this is a problem for you please contact wolfire for a full refund, and consider buying the game when it's done and less buggy. Otherwise please be patient. They will work on optimizations and compatibility later on in the development cycle.How can you best help test a new weekly Alpha?
Check the Wolfire Blog for any highlights of the new features, then run them through their paces. Submit detailed bug reports for all new bugs you find.Want to post something in the forums?
Before starting a new topic, please take a moment to use the search feature to check if what you want to discuss has already been mentioned somewhere before.
However, please do not resurect a topic that hasn't had a new post in months. If you still have additional questions or input, feel free to start a new topic, and include a link to the old topic.
If what you want to share is directly related to a specific alpha please post in the "Unofficial alpha ##, weekly build" topic for that alpha.Are you Bored?
- Peruse and Contribute to the Wolfire Wiki. Please see the To Do List.
- Read the Wolfire Blog Archive from the beginning.
- Check out the Overgrowth Comic.
- Join us on the Wolfire IRC channel.
- Talk to Wolfire's John (or support helpers) through the support widget on http://www.wolfire.com.