Greetings, Rangers! Wasteland 2's newest patch is now live. What's to tell? We've introduced Steam Achievements for Mac OS X and Linux players, for one!
Additionally, we've corrected a couple of critical quest bugs, plus an absolutely massive number of smaller issues with in-game object details, cleaned up behavior when the player does unexpected stuff (like poking new air-holes in an NPC's head with an SMG right after accepting their quest to track down that family heirloom), and have updated the game's text in both English and other languages. This one is in the running for being our biggest Wasteland 2 patch so far - and certainly of the new year.
- Added Steam Achievements for Mac OS X and Linux! Now, your friends, family, and vague acquaintances can all enjoy unlocking Achievements regardless of their choice in computer operating system.
- Fixed a bug in identifying the Broken Man during the Hollywood/Griffith questline that could in some cases render the peace outcome unattainable.
- Updated Prison HQ. A large rolling gate now blocks the Prison HQ to prevent quest sequence breaks. The gate is opened by Danforth at the appropriate time during the story, or when the player fixes the broken robot to destroy the turrets and gate.
- Huge bug fix pass - nearly our biggest patch ever!?
- Large English text updates.
- Localization fixes and updates across all languages.
For full release notes, see here: http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/110571021686/wasteland-2-patch-6-changelog-65516