Hi guys, here's a quick check list to run through if you are having issues running Worms Clan Wars.
Please also check out the Support Forum
.NOTE: Please try these first (and then email our support team via the details below) rather than starting a new thread..Check you meet the minimum specifications. These are:OS
: Windows XP Processor
: Dual Core CPU Memory
: 2 GB RAM Graphics
: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT, ATI Radeon HD4650, Intel HD3000 Network
: Broadband Internet connection Sound Card
: Windows Compatible Card Verify integrity of game cache
If you are having problems getting the game to launch or you are experiencing random crashes, it might be that the game did not install correctly. Please use Steam’s validation check at least twice because sometimes it can report no problems on its first pass.
1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.Update your graphics driver
Visit your graphic card manufacturers' website and download and install the latest driver. If you have a laptop, you may have to visit the laptop manufacturer’s website in order to obtain the latest driver. Please note that these can often be a few revisions behind the reference driver. If may be worth contacting your laptop manufacturer to see if they plan to update the driver soon.
For help on updating your drivers please follow the appropriate steps below depending on your card manufacturer.
• ATI/AMD Driver Update
1. Go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx
2. Install ‘AMD Driver Autodetect’ application.
3. Select yes on to allow application to run if prompt appears.
4. Select ‘Download Now’ and follow the steps to install the driver.
5. Restart your computer, if necessary after installation of drivers.
• NVIDIA Driver Update
1. Go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
2. Select ‘Graphics Drivers’ on option 2.
3. Give permission for java to run.
4. Give permission for GPU_Reader to run.
5. If the tool finds that you need to update your drivers, follow the instructions to install.
6. If the tool is unable to evaluate your system, please go back to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
and manually select your graphics card information via option 1.
• Intel Driver Update
1. Go to http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng
2. Select the ‘Continue’ button underneath ‘Intel® Driver Update Utility’
3. Select the button in the centre of the screen titled ‘Check your system for the latest updates’.
4. Give permission to run Java.
5. Give permission to run Java plug-in ‘SysReqLab.cab’ (or System Requirement Lab).
6. Download any new versions of drivers for your Intel graphics card.Integrated graphics
Some graphical issues can be caused by the game running through integrated Intel graphics cards as opposed to high-performance NVIDIA/ATI cards.
If you want to run the game through your dedicated graphics card, you will need to refer to your computers manufacturers documents or instructions if you are unsure on how to do this, or contact the manufacturer directly if you do not have these documents. Please be aware that this process can be different with each machine. Below are some sites that you may find useful:
• Acer machines with Nvidia: http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9073/kw/5830TG
• Acer machines with ATI: http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19271/kw/amd
• HP machines with ATI: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03048374&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en
• Dell machines with Nvidia: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&docid=125975&doclang=en&l=en&s=gen&cs=Network issues
Please refer to Steam's Troubleshooting Network Connectivity guide: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493Framerate issues
Please see our separate thread here
.Other issues? Please contact our support team
If you are still experiencing issues then can you please send your DxDiag to email@example.com along with a description of your exact problem and our support team will look into your issue.NOTE: Please remember to tell the support team that you are having issues with Worms Clan Wars and explain what those issues are, they are receiving a lot of blank emails with only DxDiags attached. They need to know what is wrong to be able to help.
To get your DirectX info:
1. Hold down the Windows Key and press R
2. The Run dialog should appear. Type dxdiag in the available text field.
3. Click OK
4. Click Save All Information
5. Set the Save as type to Text File (*.txt)
6. Save the file DxDiag.txt to your Desktop so it is easy to find.
7. Attach the DXdiag.txt file in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org