Audiosurf > General Discussions > Topic Details
(Nahura)AndrewStealfh Dec 4, 2012 @ 8:28am
Controller Support
AndrewStealfh
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
(Nahura)AndrewStealfh Dec 4, 2012 @ 8:29am 
Is it just me that can't play with the controller?
Kapitein Iglo Dec 4, 2012 @ 10:17am 
It works with the 360 controller just fine. It used to have no support for menu navigation by controller but that seems to be patched in.
Goodspeed Dec 4, 2012 @ 12:09pm 
I can't get it to work either. I'm using a ps3 sixaxis controller with the motionjoy driver. Steam running in big picture mode works but I've only been able to get one game (Guns of Icarus Online) working. Even then, it's only because it allows me to keybind actions to not just a mouse and keyboard.
Kromblite Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:24pm 
I'm not even seeing any controller options in the audiosurf game, which makes me think the game responds to controller input automatically. I tried the game with my logitech controller and it didn't work. Then, I used a program I had that causes my controller to emulate the Xbox 360 controller input. Still nothing. This input emulator has always worked before, so what's causing this problem? Do you have to find and manually download an update, or what?
Last edited by Kromblite; Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:24pm
(Nahura)AndrewStealfh Dec 5, 2012 @ 4:19am 
Yeah, this happene to me too. I have a generic joystick, and I almost always use this 360 emulator, but it doesen't work with audiosurf either ¬¬
I think thath as a recent project, this controller support is still in its level of test, so I think that it was made for doesen't work fine in its early days.

Originally posted by Kromblite:
I'm not even seeing any controller options in the audiosurf game, which makes me think the game responds to controller input automatically. I tried the game with my logitech controller and it didn't work. Then, I used a program I had that causes my controller to emulate the Xbox 360 controller input. Still nothing. This input emulator has always worked before, so what's causing this problem? Do you have to find and manually download an update, or what?
Amateur Dec 7, 2012 @ 2:36pm 
In fact, Big Picture FAQ says that it only supports 3 different pads - 2 vers. of xbox360 controller and 1 from logitech. So, I can setup my (different from these) controller normally in BP, but Audiosurf cant recognize it. It needs some attention from Valve to force developers to integrate different controllers support in their games.
(Nahura)AndrewStealfh Dec 7, 2012 @ 5:44pm 
Yeas, I'm totally with you
Originally posted by Amateur:
In fact, Big Picture FAQ says that it only supports 3 different pads - 2 vers. of xbox360 controller and 1 from logitech. So, I can setup my (different from these) controller normally in BP, but Audiosurf cant recognize it. It needs some attention from Valve to force developers to integrate different controllers support in their games.
Ishbane Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:57am 
+1

Wireless Xbawks controller, not working.
Fragger Dec 18, 2012 @ 5:49pm 
they should make alot more games controller ready
Desolater IV Dec 19, 2012 @ 11:05pm 
Why are you guys not using the Razer Onza? Best gamepad for the PC inmo. (the Xbox 360 version)

Hell, I even got it to work with Diablo 3... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWGp8wUPPaY&list=UUTjrsQgjZmBzYzWaAh0zI3Q&index=16
Last edited by Desolater IV; Dec 19, 2012 @ 11:06pm
Fragger Dec 20, 2012 @ 8:25am 
Because Razer sells overpriced garbage
Reuter Dec 30, 2012 @ 1:11am 
What the hell? "Full controller support" my ♥♥♥♥. I'm even using an original 360 gamepad (wireless) but since it doesn't run on the original driver (x360wc instead) Audiosurf does not recognize it at all.

This game is 4 years old and they didn't manage to implement an option to simply rebind keys? This is ridiculous!
Colombian Mamba Jan 2, 2013 @ 8:02pm 
Originally posted by Goodspeed:
I can't get it to work either. I'm using a ps3 sixaxis controller with the motionjoy driver. Steam running in big picture mode works but I've only been able to get one game (Guns of Icarus Online) working. Even then, it's only because it allows me to keybind actions to not just a mouse and keyboard.
set it to xbox 360 controller instead of ps3. i tried this with bioshock with the ps3 controller and it recognized it as a 36o controller
Jai Jan 3, 2013 @ 6:22am 
I have a wired XBox 360 controller and it doesn't let me navigate any menus or even pause the game with it. This is FAR from full controller support.
Fragger Jan 3, 2013 @ 10:43am 
This game needs to be updated with better graphics too. FEAR 3 also doesnt work that well with xbox 360 controller
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2012 @ 8:28am
Posts: 21