ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Classic Flyers
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Ertosi  [developer] Mar 31, 2017 @ 10:06pm
Bug Reports
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read this mod's Features and FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) discussions before posting bug reports; anything listed there is not a bug. Then read this original post completely to make sure your issue isn't already listed here. This thread is only for new issues not already listed here. Any posts which fail to follow these directions will be automatically dismissed as user error (ie those unable to follow directions are unreliable sources).

Please help me out by also performing at least a basic search in the official ARK Patch Notes thread, main ARK forums and official Bug Reports forum before posting to make sure your issue is CF-relevant. Thanks!

Known Bugs
  • Wyverns/Pelas/Quetzals overspawning all over the place? This is what we've termed the overspawn issue. Particular species of dinos overspawning on a map is a core-game issue that can happen when any remap mod, like this one, is used. It is a recognized bug by WC but is not considered a priority fix by them. Please see the FAQ and Changes to CF's Culling System discussion for more information on the overspawn issue and how CF corrects for it.
  • Wyvern Stones on Griffins breaks 2nd-person seating: This issue has been reported but I haven't tested it in-game yet. I consider it a small issue and have no plans to look into it further. If a player wishes to have a 2nd person ride, its a simple enough matter to remove the stone.
  • Classic Wyverns and Griffons lose their saddle slot after downloading. Doesn't matter how they were downloaded: Transmitter, Obelisk, or Cryopod. Issue started with Aberration's release; caused by class priority order being changed in the core game. Any wyverns or griffons losing their saddle slot from downloading will have them returned on next server reboot. [Issue can only be properly corrected by WC. The only "fix" for this possible mod-side would be to rename wyvern inventory files to something else but that would mean players would loose all items kept in their inventories any time this mod is added or removed, and that would be a much worse bug.]
  • Phoenix always show they are at 50/50 in dino-locator mods: For whatever reason, the moment the a phoenix bp is copied, any mod that uses a Cast to Primal Dino node no longer registers with it. That means they aren't going to be compatible with most mods, including locator mods which use that method of accessing dino data.
  • Phoenix don't work with mod X? See the previous question and answer.
  • Phoenix cannot be tamed with wyvern fire? Had a few reports of this. Probably related to the previous issue.
  • No gamepad support for some features? There have been reports that Wyvern's 3rd attack does not work with a gamepad. I do not use a gamepad, therefore I cannot offer support for a gamepad.
  • Griffins have lost their ground attack animations: This is a core-game issue, caused by their original animation file having been removed from the game assets. The issue has been corrected in the Testing Version of CF and this fix will be rolled out with CF's next update (eta May 2nd).

Core-Game Issues
Please see the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for other core-game issues. I'm only double posting ones which I want higher visibility on here.
  • Culling doesn't seem to be working in Single/Local Play?
    Local Play has a processing saver mode called Hibernation which is on by default. This causes all dinos which aren't within visible range or where you have been recently to not even exist on the map. This means there's no way to access them at all for anything, including culling, because they don't exist at that time.

In order for the culler to function properly in Single/Local Play you must turn off Hibernation. You can disable hibernation by adding -PreventHibernation to your startup line, but know it will come at the cost of some performance. Search Google or the main ARK forums if you need more help on how to do so.
  • Wyvern eggs instantly spoil?: That's a well known core-game issue as old as SE. Wyven eggs have approx a two day spoil timer and will not dissappear from their nest after it runs out. You need to clean the trench of bad eggs to get fresh eggs.
  • Baby Wyverns don't need milk?: Classic Wyverns use the exact same food file as vanilla ones, so they aren't any different than the vanilla ones. Core game patch v262.0 altered baby wyvern's rate of consumption of wyvern milk; feel free to check the core game's Patch Notes for more information.
  • Creatures not downloading from obelisk?
    This is a vanilla bug caused by WC's anti-duping system, and has nothing to do with this mod. Sadly nothing to do about it besides roll back your server and try again.

Aberration update: Aberration adds its own issues concerning downloads. It doesn't allow for modded dinos to be added to its download approved list, which includes the Classic Rock Drakes as they are modded. Transferring to an Aberration server with blacklisted dinos uploaded will also cause them to remain blacklisted when returning to other maps. You can force-allow all dinos to be downloadable to Aberration by using the ?CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads=true server setting (hit Google or the Forums if you need help with that one).
  • All/some stats on dinos are resetting after a server reboot?
    Nothing to do with this mod. Its a well-known core-game issue commonly found on high-level servers since the game first came out. Feel free to Google "ARK 255 Stat Bug"[www.google.com] for more info.
  • Tek Quetzes not spawning?: Yes they are. At least they do have a chance to spawn, but they are by no means guaranteed to spawn. WC set them up to only have a 5% chance to spawn, so that's a very small percentage to spawn from an already very small population pool. Most servers only have a handful of quetzals at any one time, which means statistically most servers will not have even 1 tek quetz at any given time.

Pathless Admin commands don't work on Classic Flyers?
No. With Aberration's release, WC changed how pathless commands function when there are multiple classes with the same name (ie vanilla Ptero_Character_BP and classic Ptero_Character_BP). Before Aberration, ARK would automatically seek out whichever of the classes was currently active. Now, ARK looks for the first file matching the class name, which will always be the vanilla versions. This change is hard-coded into the game and cannot be altered by a mod.

Note that Classic Flyers will not change how it functions to accommodate this change, as doing so would remove one of its two primary features: the ability for the mod to be added and removed cleanly without losing any of your tames.

The affected admin commands include, but aren't limited to:
  • Summon
  • SummonTamed
  • GMSummon
  • DestroyAll
  • SDF (wouldn't work even without this issue, as it needs unique parts of a dino name to work)

This means Classic Flyers can only be manually spawned through the posted BP codes. Summon and GMSummon bypass active remaps by only using the class names and not the file path, therefore they will always summon in the Vanilla versions of flyers. Any Vanilla flyers spawned in through pathless commands will automatically convert to the Classic versions after the next server reboot.

This also means DestroyAll cannot be used to remove all instances of a specifc species of Classic Flyer. If you are intent on doing so, you must use destroywilddinos to destroy all wild dinos at once.

Note: Before the ARK Aberration release patch, pathless admin commands would work on whichever version of the class was currently active, which means they did used work for Classic Flyers. As that release changed how ARK handles remapping, this is no longer the case. I sent an inquiry shortly after Aberration's release to a contact on ARK's team to see if they can assist with this, but its up to them to determine if changing it back would be possible/feasible.

CF Tames Converting back to Vanilla during gameplay?
Unless you've found some odd bug or bad mod combination, that would most likely be due to a breach of this mod's Policy and Subscription Terms. As stated in the Subscription Terms, any breach of the terms risks the breacher having all CF features disabled for them and their tribe. As long as they are not server admin or in the same tribe, it will not affect other players on the server. If they are a server admin, all CF features will be disabled for the entire server. CF accomplishes this by:
  • Disabling CF items from their use.
  • Converting their CF tames back to vanilla classes.
    • Note: When this happens, any saddles or costumes they might have been wearing will be taken off and placed into their inventory. This is done to ensure the items are not lost when the tames are converted back to vanilla.
    • Note: When this happens, as there is no such thing as a vanilla harpagornis, CF harpas will be converted to vanilla argents. CF bionic quetzes will convert to vanilla quetzes due to them being parented to the same file.
    • Note: If they unclaim their vanilla flyers to give to other players, they will not convert back to CF versions until after the next server reboot.
  • For server admin, disabling CF's main timers which maintain the mod's special features like culling and exotic species spawning.

User-Side Issues
Please see the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for other user-side issues. I'm only double posting ones which I want higher visibility on here.
  • Getting a mod mismatch error?
  • Getting a missing mod map error?
  • Unable to log into a friend's local game?
  • Unable to see server while this mod is on?
  • Mod/Core-game just updated and now your server's not working?
  • Mod/Core-game just updated and now flyers can't level speed?
  • Mod just updated and disappeared from your mod list?

As listed in the FAQ, these are all user-side issues and problem is on your end. All of these things are direct indicators that you don't have the mod properly installed. If you are getting an error message, Google it. Google how to perform a clean mod reinstall and try again. If you're still having troubles, try again. Rinse and repeat till you get it.

Specifically, these issues all indicate that you did not update properly on your end or your server's end after the mod updated. Usually this is caused by trusting faulty auto-updaters. When running into trouble, its always best to update manually via FTP. Google how to perform a Clean Mod Install for more details.

Do not post asking me to help with client-side issues; as I've clearly stated in this mod's policy, client-side issues have nothing to do with this mod and I will not assist with them. There is already an over abundance of guides out there explaining on how to correct the various client-side issues that can pop up for any mod.

Some of the more common user-side issues are as follows:
  • Did all of your flyers have their points in speed refunded and can no longer level speed? Then you loaded your server/game without this mod active. A mod needs to be loaded for it to work. This is most often caused by starting your game/server after the mod has updated but before your game/server has had time to fully install the update. And yes, this can even be caused by auto-updaters.
  • Are you spawning in flyers that are not able to level speed?
    Then you are using vanilla spawn codes which summons in vanilla flyers. Please use the proper spawn codes for this mod: Admin Spawn Codes. Resetting the server will also correct any flyers spawned in with vanilla spawn codes.
  • CF Rock Drake emotes when trying to sprint?
    CF can only support standard American-style keyboards with standard keybindings. This is due to limitations in the DevKit and cannot be changed. 'Q' and "X' are used to perform emotes on a CF Rock Drake. If you choose to rebind sprint to 'Q' it is exactly that, your choice. This seems to be a huge issue to a small minority of mod users but simply put, I repeat that it's your choice; if it's "gamebreaking" for you then this mod simply isn't for you as its not going to be changed just to accommodate the personal setting choices of a very small minority.
  • Just added mod and tamed Wyvern speed jumped up considerably? Just downloaded wyvern and its speed jumped up considerably?
    Received a few reports of this but have been completely unable to replicate issue. Firmly believe its entirely caused by people using with incompatible mods or not having CF in first in the mod load order (as having broken mods higher in load order can corrupt any lower mod's normal behavior). Until someone can give me replicable directions on how to cause this issue, I'm firmly considering it user error and will not be looking into it further.
  • Are you spawning in flyers that are not able to level speed? Only have a particular species not able to level speed?
    Then you are using vanilla spawn codes and are summoning in vanilla ones. Please use the proper spawn codes for this mod: Admin Spawn Codes. Resetting the server will also correct any flyers spawned in with vanilla spawn codes.

In the rare times this has happened and someone didn't admin spawn anything in, it is caused either by A. using another mod which is directly spawning in vanilla flyers or B. using another mod which is broken and is before CF in their mod load order, in which case moving CF to first in slot would correct things.
  • Babies have inflated stats? Babies have super high speed?
    As listed in the FAQ, that is a user-side issue reported by a few users and has nothing to do with this mod. I've tested this multiple times on my own servers and have never been able to replicate the issue. What could be causing it? The most likely suspects would be your server settings or using other mods which are incompatible with this mod.

If anyone is able to give me a specific scenerio which I can replicate on my own servers using only this mod and the vanilla game, it would be most appreciated and I'll bump this up to Known Bug status and look into it further. Saying "it happened to me, too" is not helpful. If its not specific and replicable by myself and trusted mod testers, its not helpful.

Update: Each case of "inflated baby stats" which has been researched ended up being due to players either trying to use wyvern breeding mods with this mod or having set super high imprinting rates on their server. So yeah, 100% user error.

Please post any new bugs below. New and insightful information on existing bugs are also most welcome, but only if they truly contain new information relevant to this mod and the information is accurate. "Me too" posts are never helpful (and according to Steam's forum policy count as spam akin to: "+1", "bump", etc, and therefore are grounds for a comments ban). Thank you for your understanding!

A reminder of this mod's policy: if I don't respond to your question, its because its already answered in the FAQ and/or obviously an issue on your side and has nothing to do with the mod.

If I do answer your question and you don't like the answer, kindly don't argue with me. Not liking an answer is not going to change it, and arguing with me is against this mod's Policy and Subscription Terms (ie ban-able).
Last edited by Ertosi; Apr 26 @ 9:39am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 1,808 comments
kiritanpo Mar 31, 2017 @ 11:21pm 
Thank you so much for providing this mod.
I'm sorry if I was wrong, uninstalling this mod may destroy new tamed flyers, old flyers are ok. Can anyone reproduce this?
Chacko Supreme Apr 1, 2017 @ 1:46am 
Wyverns are busted, may be because they were transferred to the Island. They're frozen in their static mesh model (no animations).
Ertosi  [developer] Apr 1, 2017 @ 3:58am 
Originally posted by FroggyStyle REBORN:
Wyverns are busted, may be because they were transferred to the Island. They're frozen in their static mesh model (no animations).

Thank you for the heads up! I just updated a patch that should correct them; can't test it until I get off of work.

In order to get their old stats, I had to reparent them. One of the joys of reparenting a blueprint is it'll often reset random stats, which is what happened to the animations. I'll go through them closer later to see if anything more subtle was reset.

Thanks again!
THeFaLLeN Apr 1, 2017 @ 6:22am 
I cant level up the movement speed when I get a new air mount.
Selenaya Apr 1, 2017 @ 6:38am 
for me works fine
Braddok91 Apr 1, 2017 @ 7:06am 
i get "new" flyers as well.
can use the lvl 1 for infinitive weight.
Mr BoB Apr 1, 2017 @ 7:46am 
I put this mod on my server but it dosent work .... if i use the Summontamed command i can lvl up the speed ... but if i tame a dino as normal player i cannot lvl up the speed .....
He11cat Apr 1, 2017 @ 8:00am 
not sure if this is the mod, or the patch, but all argents in the wild are level one and wake up immediately after tranqing them down
Gorgel Apr 1, 2017 @ 9:29am 
Originally posted by He11cat:
not sure if this is the mod, or the patch, but all argents in the wild are level one and wake up immediately after tranqing them down

AdminCheat DestroyWildDinos

and let them respawn, now wild fliers will be leveled.
i cant knock out flyers. They r get up fast in 1 second
Chacko Supreme Apr 1, 2017 @ 12:56pm 
Originally posted by Ertosi:
Originally posted by FroggyStyle REBORN:

Thank you for the heads up! I just updated a patch that should correct them; can't test it until I get off of work.

In order to get their old stats, I had to reparent them. One of the joys of reparenting a blueprint is it'll often reset random stats, which is what happened to the animations. I'll go through them closer later to see if anything more subtle was reset.

Thanks again!

Hey I just appreciate your attempt to fix this. It really sucks being a smaller tribe server :)
Aequinox Apr 1, 2017 @ 1:22pm 
Bug Report:

We installed the mod on our server, wiped all wild dinos and tamed 2 pteranodons (male and female, both level 240 before and level 359 after tame). We let them breed, hatched the egg and the newborn baby suffered from the stamina nerf (also some other odd stats).

The stats looked like this: (No Mutation)

__________Male:_________Female;________Baby:
Health:___ 2268 _________ 2058 __________2041 Stat doesn't fit both parents
Stamina:_ 1710 __________ 2010 _________ 577 Nerfhammer
Oxygen:__ 855 __________ 1035 __________1035 Stat from Mother
Food:____ 7588 _________ 8830 __________7590 Stat doen't fit both parents
Weight:___ 330 _________ 261 ___________ 264 Stat doens't fit both parents
Damage:__ 504 _________ 451 ___________ 504 Stat from Father
Speed:___ 135 _________ 135 ____________ 135 Stat from both

Breeding needs some extra modding love it seems ;-)

P.S. Thanks for making this mod! <3
Last edited by Aequinox; Apr 1, 2017 @ 1:23pm
JakeD1999 Apr 1, 2017 @ 1:44pm 
Originally posted by Aequinox:
Bug Report:

We installed the mod on our server, wiped all wild dinos and tamed 2 pteranodons (male and female, both level 240 before and level 359 after tame). We let them breed, hatched the egg and the newborn baby suffered from the stamina nerf (also some other odd stats).

The stats looked like this: (No Mutation)

__________Male:_________Female;________Baby:
Health:___ 2268 _________ 2058 __________2041 Stat doesn't fit both parents
Stamina:_ 1710 __________ 2010 _________ 577 Nerfhammer
Oxygen:__ 855 __________ 1035 __________1035 Stat from Mother
Food:____ 7588 _________ 8830 __________7590 Stat doen't fit both parents
Weight:___ 330 _________ 261 ___________ 264 Stat doens't fit both parents
Damage:__ 504 _________ 451 ___________ 504 Stat from Father
Speed:___ 135 _________ 135 ____________ 135 Stat from both

Breeding needs some extra modding love it seems ;-)

P.S. Thanks for making this mod! <3

I can also tryed breading newly spawned flyers from this mod hatched ones are spawning nerfed can not level speed
P.S Thanks for the mod it keep me and some freinds from uninstalling the game
V1TaL Apr 1, 2017 @ 2:30pm 
Originally posted by Mr BoB:
I put this mod on my server but it dosent work .... if i use the Summontamed command i can lvl up the speed ... but if i tame a dino as normal player i cannot lvl up the speed .....
also having this issue.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 1,808 comments
Per page: 15 30 50