Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

AI+
Kerma Mar 13, 2018 @ 12:47am
Seems to make the game easier and more simple in some ways
I have to say, I was impressed with how this mod improved each civ's military might. In original Civ VI, each civ would build a million crossbowmen and knights, and keep them as those without upgrading or doing anything to them all game. Then when you got into a war with them they'd all run around in circles in your borders allowing you to kill them one by one until they let you take all their cities via trade or initiate a counter attack. Now they actually build tons of advanced units relevant to their age and even stack them in armies occasionally, and aggressively haunt your units and cities when wartime comes.

However, it feels like the actual frequency of civs interacting with you is less.

For the life of me I could never get a civ to declare war on me or trade me something in the 4 games I played. I play on immortal and I bumped it down to king in anticipation of less cheese, then after a game of absolutely stomping the enemy I went back up to my original difficulty. I built no units in the start of the game to focus entirely on wonder and economy production as arabia, and while america placed a ton of units on our borders, he never ended up pulling the trigger. The only time I went to war with anyone the whole game was when somebody pulled ahead of me in science, in which I pulled together an army with the million gold I was saving together and nuked them into oblivion. Also, nobody ever traded me for great works or luxury resources and I kind of missed that (however found their stupidity in asking for unfair deals annoying).

While I do like all the changes this mod enacts to the AI denouncing you, building units, and overall being tougher to conquer, I think i'll have to uninstall it for now since it makes the game easier in the end. I can easily coast to victory every game unless I purposefully make it hard for myself, and if I wanted to do that I feel like i'd rather have the game surprise attack me to make things more suspenseful.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Shyning Mar 15, 2018 @ 11:27am 
Which is why the author's working on a brand new version using LUA.
This version should be leagues above that one, keep an eye open for when it's done !
Roasted Garlic Apr 7, 2018 @ 11:14am 
I've only played one game with this mod so far and I agree. I thought it was making their attacks more aggressive, at least in the early game; for instance I could hardly even get to any barbarian camps before some city state took care of them first.
But since then the civs seem a lot less likely to actually *do* anything now. Russia has every reason to hate me but they leave me alone completely. We have different government types and religions, we're both going for cultural, we share a border, and I'm allied with someone he's been on/off warring with the entire game.
But Russia only attacked me once and was really quick to back off when I brought in a couple extra units to defend that city. Now his nearest city is just sitting there with like two dozen cavalry that have been taking up every available space within its borders, and it's been like that for over 50 turns or so.

Again this is only one game (on King) but I'm sitting here building art museums all day long and nobody seems to care.
Roasted Garlic Apr 7, 2018 @ 11:15am 
Also I noticed that AI civs propose trades that they won't approve of. Cleopatra kept saying "Hey you want open borders and jade for nothing? This is unacceptable!" every couple turns.
rgreat Jan 2, 2022 @ 4:31pm 
Yep, AI is totally passive and peace loving.

A Shame.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50