XCOM 2
XCOM 2: Tactical Co-Op
Quixotic Cloud Games  [developer] Nov 3, 2016 @ 11:40am
How To Play XCOM 2 Co-Op!
Mods: Not compatible with "Dragonpunk: Soldiers of Fortune" as it is the same code, but built for the Guerilla War: Recovery Turn System mod. We're not certain how the Tactical Co-Op mod will work with other mods enabled. However as long as you and your player 2 are using the exact same mods. You should be fine!

- Firstly, make sure you and your friend have the mod installed obviously. And then start the game with it turned on. Both you and your friend load up saves, any saves will work, though I would not advise running a important save. This is a beta and you will experience issues somewhere (most likely with turn timers since our mods are built for Guerilla War).

- Do note that you both MUST be loaded into a save, and you both must be on the Squad Select screen. Host cannot invite their friend to the game while they are on the main menu. This is will result in a crash.

- After you and your Steam friend are loaded into saves, whoever is hosting must go to load up a mission and get to the squad select menu. Set up your team accordingly and then remove 1 of your soliders. You will see a new button under "Select Soldier" named "Invite Friend". After you click this button you should have the Invite Friend Steam Overlay popup. Invite them, click the return to game button at the bottom right, and click accept, but DO NOT add your last soldier back. Once your friend joins the game, have them select the last soldier. Once you're ready to play have the host click the Launch Mission button at the top of the screen!

- Please take into consideration that it has been experienced that it may take between a few seconds to a few minutes for all actions between players to transfer over to each other, especially after combat is initiated. Please be patient.

Feel free to reference this for what some things will look like!

That about covers everything! If you encounter any bugs or crashes while playing, please refer to the Bug Report thread and make a post! It helps us greatly! And thank you for helping us test!
Last edited by Quixotic Cloud Games; Jan 19, 2017 @ 1:10pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 84 comments
Pokefire Nov 5, 2016 @ 1:55pm 
Thanks for posting this, very helpful!
Cosmonaut Comrade Nov 10, 2016 @ 8:40am 
"This is a beta alpha" ??
Quixotic Cloud Games  [developer] Nov 10, 2016 @ 11:46pm 
Lol, good catch!!! Just corrected it!
EatASnickerz Nov 12, 2016 @ 3:08pm 
Hi there, is it possible for the joining player to control more than 1 soldier? Thanks in advance :)
Last edited by EatASnickerz; Nov 12, 2016 @ 3:08pm
Quixotic Cloud Games  [developer] Nov 13, 2016 @ 1:56pm 
Originally posted by Eat A Snickerz™:
Hi there, is it possible for the joining player to control more than 1 soldier? Thanks in advance :)
Absolutely, check out the video attached to the mod. Riva selects and plays 2 Soldiers.
KevVv Dec 16, 2016 @ 1:20pm 
I think my friend and i are doing what we are supposed to do..
We are both in the squad selection
remove last soldier..
invite friend..
the other clicks invite

then nothing happens?
even after a minute still nothing..

We both have just the tactical co-op mod selected nothing else
We are able to play other games togheter... so our connection should work
Quixotic Cloud Games  [developer] Dec 16, 2016 @ 2:51pm 
Originally posted by KevVv:
I think my friend and i are doing what we are supposed to do..
We are both in the squad selection
remove last soldier..
invite friend..
the other clicks invite

then nothing happens?
even after a minute still nothing..

We both have just the tactical co-op mod selected nothing else
We are able to play other games togheter... so our connection should work

I just sent you a friend request so we can play together. Haven't heard of that happening before, so it might be simple.
KevVv Dec 16, 2016 @ 2:55pm 
I accepted it, yet you seem to be offline or not responding
gmdmb3 Dec 19, 2016 @ 12:55pm 
Had it kick me back to main menu only mod installed is the Co-Op mod followed instructions any ideas?
Quixotic Cloud Games  [developer] Dec 19, 2016 @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by gmdmb3:
Had it kick me back to main menu only mod installed is the Co-Op mod followed instructions any ideas?

Was it a fresh save? E.g. did you play all the way through gatecrasher again on a new game? If it was a save WITH mods, it doesn't matter that the mods are turned off. Also make sure the Anarchy's children DLC is off for both of you.
gmdmb3 Dec 20, 2016 @ 6:26am 
Fresh game from the start, I missed the part about AC being turned off we will try that next
gmdmb3 Dec 20, 2016 @ 10:27am 
Originally posted by Team Dragonpunk:

Was it a fresh save? E.g. did you play all the way through gatecrasher again on a new game? If it was a save WITH mods, it doesn't matter that the mods are turned off. Also make sure the Anarchy's children DLC is off for both of you.

How exactly does one turn off AC DLC?
Quixotic Cloud Games  [developer] Dec 21, 2016 @ 12:15pm 
Originally posted by Team Dragonpunk:

How exactly does one turn off AC DLC?

Go to your XCOM 2 Steam page and uncheck the box under DLC. Just sent you a friend invite so we can test together.
Citizen.404 Dec 28, 2016 @ 8:55pm 
I'm having the same problem as gmdmb3 and my cousin and I have both disabled Anarchy's children. We also both have the same mods. Is there a mod limit? Or does it not matter?
Last edited by Citizen.404; Dec 28, 2016 @ 8:56pm
Quixotic Cloud Games  [developer] Dec 28, 2016 @ 9:31pm 
Originally posted by PumpEnDump:
I'm having the same problem as gmdmb3 and my cousin and I have both disabled Anarchy's children. We also both have the same mods. Is there a mod limit? Or does it not matter?

Shouldn't be a mod limit. Hmmm... this is interesting, because it works by testing a hash. So it "should" work if you have the same mods... Really don't know what to say other thank you for testing by disabling all the mods and adding them back one by one. We would certainly be grateful to know what you find. Unfortunately, it's just not possible for us to test Co-Op with every other mod out there.
Last edited by Quixotic Cloud Games; Dec 28, 2016 @ 9:35pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 84 comments
Per page: 15 30 50