XCOM 2
New Countries
collaboration on adding voices.
Hey Mr. Nutcracker :)

Woud't it be cool if we added voices that match the flags? I'm currently studing to be an audio Technician, and it would be a fun project for me to record new voices for your mod!

Since I'm a Dane, it would be natural to start with a pair of danish voices (One male, one female)

The problem is that i have NO modding experience, there for i lack the programming skill, and the know-how to put in new sound files.. Prehaps you can help me with that Mr. Nutcracker? :)

question for the community:
What woud you like too hear?

A: National voices in their own language?
B: English with the accant mixed with a little bit of words and phrases from the nations?
(Like the NATO forces from World in conflict - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muf8E6sMVRg - Danish Forces in the link)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Zozzero Feb 9, 2016 @ 12:38am 
Hi Don Lund,

Vote: B>A,
Actually I hype this one :) I think I can get Hungarian male and maybe female, maybe also somewhat studio environment. On one side, I work as software engineer, so I can manage the computer stuff after finalized recording, but I have just hints about audio recording.

Option A can turn out pretty weird. I remember voice actors trying to show up military attitude for a game never seen...can be a turn off (e.g.: UFO After* series). Text to voice can become a question, and liable translations. Harder to manage. Except "use on own risk".
@Sgt. Nutcrack: Did you see any possibility to make ON/OFF switchable parts of mod? Like making option addition separate for flags, and separate for voices, etc.

Option B, I support much more, easy to manage over many languages, less misunderstanding.

-Zz

P.s.: GDI thumbs up ^_^
Last edited by Zozzero; Feb 9, 2016 @ 12:39am
Freaking awesome! I allso wote for option B:

It would be more realistic in the Xcom universe.. I mean, the Xcom project was a international fundet project and now a international resistence, I see no Reason for NOT havenig all members talking the same Language.

Prehaps i can find some other nationalities in my town? (Odense)
One of my freinds is atendting to a international school, prehaps some of them are willing to help in the future? :)
Oh and btw.
Is there a way to extract one of the stock voice packages?
Just so i can get an idea how meny track i need to record and marster.

I think that I'll be useing one of the stock packs as an template :)
S-COLT PILGRIM Feb 9, 2016 @ 3:00am 
TBH, If one is to add voice pack, it's best to have them speak in english with the accent, I hardly use foreign language "not that I'm being bias"... but I just can't understand :( Although it's a good
Idea. B!
darktoto Feb 9, 2016 @ 3:46am 
I actually vote for A I would prefer to hear them talk in their own language to give a more diverse flavor (like in the game actually)

I'm from Belgium, i don't know what i'd be worth on a record but if you want i can send you at least test samples for you to see how our accent in Wallonia is different from the French one

Do as you please anyway, good job dude :)

(if you want samples just join me on steam and i'd be my pleasure to send you a dropbox link to whatever phrases i say / you would want me to say)
wozron Feb 9, 2016 @ 3:55am 
Aussie checking in here. Would gladly provide actual male Australian accent and phrasing if anyone is making a voice pack.

JOIZE AAHHH BLOODY CHUNDAH MATE is not how we actually speak.

I can also (possibly) arrange male and female New Zealand accented English voices, a Swedish accented English female voice, possibly Indian male and female accented English voices and more.
Last edited by wozron; Feb 9, 2016 @ 3:59am
I'll do what i can from here. I got access to a studio where i can record and edit the sound. :)

But thanks for all the support allready! you guys are great!!

@Zozzero can you add me as an freind on steam? :)
Inudono Feb 9, 2016 @ 8:57am 
A! lots of A! diversity is best, A!
If you ever added Wales to the mix (the only united kingdom country not in the game right now)
I can get multiple Male and female voices for you
Zozzero Feb 9, 2016 @ 10:14am 
@DonLund: Friend req sent :)

For everyone going for option A, please consider, it is requiring much effort to not go with google translate quality, so personally IMHO better to recruit some people to back this possibility.

Sharing: In XCOM(1): Enemy Whitin, when I got my first cyborg, I nicknamed him 'Zanussi' and set spanish native language, because there is "Handy Manny" kid toy tool set where my GF babycares, and so the tools emits motivational speech for fixing things in dual language :D It is soooo... weird :D
Also, native military language can be really irritating if not proper - e.g.: the voice actors do not know what do they give voice to.

And still ........................................ we need of Sgt. Nutcracker's response if he intends to involve this initiative.
HawkofChiron Feb 9, 2016 @ 11:13am 
This type of thing is what ...community is all about! This would be awesome if actually possible!
FuzzyPeach Feb 9, 2016 @ 12:16pm 
I vote for A.
Also as a swede it would be nice to somehow help with the swedish voice acting :)
-Turbu- Feb 9, 2016 @ 3:16pm 
Tbh both are fine I think. I'd go with which ever feels more comfortable/easier to do and implement.

For someone who has served in finnish military(basic training+specialization+squad training, 6 months total) i'd say military language can be off-putting if it doesn't feel authentic.
Last edited by -Turbu-; Feb 9, 2016 @ 3:17pm
Reverend Belial Feb 9, 2016 @ 5:12pm 
Well I can't contribute in any way (I'm an accentless American with no technical skills), but my vote is that if it's possible both types of voice would be good to have. The majority of my soldiers I prefer to speak English with the appropriate accent, but some soldiers I feel would be better suited to feel more detached from the squad, like one of my Sharpshooters is supposed to be an Italian convict who don't know how to speak English but works with XCOM because it's a mutually beneficial arrangement or if you wanted to make a squad of all one nationality who speak to each other in their mother tongue during missions.

If that's unrealistic then my vote is just for accents.
Frankly,I vote for both

a voice actor could do his own language+English with his accent.

It would be interesting

P.S:I could help for voices if you need to
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Per page: 15 30 50