Black Mesa

Black Mesa

On a Rail Uncut
Mikel S Jan 25, 2016 @ 1:46am
Bug Report
FIRST OF ALL: Wonderful work, I'm really happy to see this make its way into the workshop for use with the retail version of Black Mesa. The railyard looks absolutely amazing, opening that door and looking out looked was possibly the most striking visual I've ever seen on the source engine.

I just wanted to put this here rather than a comment, because it might get longwinded when I go through it a second time to screencap references. It pretty much played flawlessly, with the exception of a few visual glitches, and I wanted to bring them to your attention, as some of them are rather jarring, especially the big one in the railyard.

As I said, I'll be going through and making sure I noted them all some time tomorrow, but here are the two that are most memorable.

0: I'll need to go through to find exactly where this was, but some of the glows around the ankle-high floor lights are ridiculously large in the map with the office section.

1: During the turntable ambush, after turning the lights back on, the turntable control continues flickering with red lighting, disproportionately heavily compared to the surrounding panels. This is probably from a flare that landed nearby. Perhaps it would be possible to kill the flares completely when you power things back on to work around this?

2: In the trainyard, upon riding around the loop once, and reemerging into the yard, when viewing the warehouse the track emerges from at certain angles, it completely disappears. I don't know if riding the loop once is a prerequisite for this bug, but I'd assume it's some vis brush issues.
UPDATE: Didn't get this to happen again, so I'm not sure what caused it.

3: Possibly intentional, but the flare that shoots up in the skybox during the railyard sequence illuminates the environment around it crazy bright. Maybe I've just never actually seen how bright a signal flare is, but that was insane.
UPDATE: Didn't trigger the flare somehow on my second playthrough.

Anyway, I recall a few more minor ones, but thse two were the most jarring and obvious. I'll get this supplemented with images and map names when I go through it again. I wanted to make sure I actually made the post.

Thanks again for this wonderful addition!
Last edited by Mikel S; Jan 25, 2016 @ 3:47pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Prosecutor Lurker Jan 25, 2016 @ 5:28am 
I don't think chon will continue working on OaR, STU is a different thing.
Last edited by Prosecutor Lurker; Jan 25, 2016 @ 5:29am
J o n e x Jan 25, 2016 @ 8:53am 
The part after the lift with the turrets at the top instantly sends me back to the main menu. I continue down the tunnel and it just sends me back to the menu. Very strange.
Gordon Freeman Jan 25, 2016 @ 12:08pm 
Нет совместимости с этим модом.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442778286
Предлагаю влкючить этот мод в пакет "One a rail unkut".
ESToomere Jan 29, 2016 @ 5:40am 
Walking into the first map, as opposed to taking the tram, causes the game to freeze.
I absolutely love this and if Black Mesa is a love-letter to Half-Life fans this is a big hug. (Translation, I loved seeing my favorite moments from this absurdly long chapter recreated)

The ambush was so epic even with its relatively calm music it gave me chills.

That being said, I am getting a bug where the chapter names no longer appear when moving from chapter to chapter.

A small thing but still something that bothered me.

Thanks Dev. (No sarcasm, thank you very much.)
Last edited by The Fat Vegetarian; Jan 29, 2016 @ 4:14pm
Jo291 Jan 29, 2016 @ 9:59pm 
During the part where the marines ambush you by turning the lights off if you turn the turntable of the tram before the tram is on it, it doesnt allow you to change it back meaning that your pretty much stuck since the tram cant get on to the turntable since its facing in the wrong direction.
Maxximo Jan 30, 2016 @ 11:06am 
i found a few bugs, i will add the map info later because i didnt take note on that, but basically are these:
-Vortigaunts dont attack on the custom maps (they attack on the elevator puzzle), if you get close, they start attacking.
-Sometimes the vorts doesnt move but the marines keep their sequence (the scene on the hallway when the marines hide from the vorts in astorage for a houndeyes attack)
-On the last vortigaunt spawn attack underground the vortigaunts shots but the shock staty in the vort place like they are inside a invisible box.
-On the lights-off attack underground the game start lagging and the lights have weird effect while shutting on or off.
-In the same place, the rail turn cant move again even if the traint isnt in the place, the power must be restarted for give it another turn if is turned before the train is in.
-in the rocket launch scene the glass of the door can be break leading to an unloaded invisible room, plus the ladder from where you came to the launch room dissapear into a block.
-In one of the map changes the trains appears merged inside a secure door just when clickin for moving its teleported to the right position.
Last edited by Maxximo; Jan 30, 2016 @ 11:09am
Originally posted by Maxximo:
i found a few bugs, i will add the map info later because i didnt take note on that, but basically are these:
-Vortigaunts dont attack on the custom maps (they attack on the elevator puzzle), if you get close, they start attacking.
-Sometimes the vorts doesnt move but the marines keep their sequence (the scene on the hallway when the marines hide from the vorts in astorage for a houndeyes attack)
-On the last vortigaunt spawn attack underground the vortigaunts shots but the shock staty in the vort place like they are inside a invisible box.
-On the lights-off attack underground the game start lagging and the lights have weird effect while shutting on or off.
-In the same place, the rail turn cant move again even if the traint isnt in the place, the power must be restarted for give it another turn if is turned before the train is in.
-in the rocket launch scene the glass of the door can be break leading to an unloaded invisible room, plus the ladder from where you came to the launch room dissapear into a block.
-In one of the map changes the trains appears merged inside a secure door just when clickin for moving its teleported to the right position.

Encountered and exploited all those glitches :P i love this mod and will keep it regardless.
Lapis Feb 21, 2016 @ 9:35am 
I get the pink and black 'missing texture' texture all over the first map after coming down the circular elevator with this mod installed.
Mikel S May 15, 2016 @ 3:38pm 
I only got pink/black missing textures during the transitions, but when I loaded into the fully modded maps, everything was better. It's still annoying, but probably some reference changes in the new version.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50