ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Crystal Lamps v1.52
Betelgeuse Oct 13, 2015 @ 7:00am
Colored lights
Very good mod. I was wondering if u thought it possible to paint the lights with dye to change the light color?
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Icebreccer  [developer] Oct 13, 2015 @ 1:58pm 
I was actually working on it, but I put it on hold as it takes a while as I have to make files for each color and "placements". And also I'm not sure how many colors people are actually looking for.

Perhaps first I include red, blue and green versions. Only for the normal sized though.
Betelgeuse Oct 13, 2015 @ 5:41pm 
Sounds like I coudl have a christmas tree. thanks for the hard work.
Max Oct 13, 2015 @ 6:26pm 
What is nice and I have seen on another mod is that you can have color selection on the radial dial when you hold "E" over the object, that way you don't have to have so many engrams, just one and the color is a selection on the radial menu wheel, so much cleaner too and lets people change colors also after the light has been placed :)
Betelgeuse Oct 13, 2015 @ 7:13pm 
I was thinking more like you paint the light with dye, and that causes the light to pass though a filter that changes the color
Max Oct 13, 2015 @ 8:45pm 
Oof, with dye, please no, no disrespect.
Icebreccer  [developer] Oct 13, 2015 @ 11:11pm 
@Max: That sounds lovely, but I'm not sure if I'm capable of doing the same. All of my mods are really simple, but I could always try :3
Max Oct 14, 2015 @ 6:16am 
Well, you are ahead of me, I have not made any :)
I am mentioning this because the mod "multifunctional spotlight" uses this method and it works so well. I also mentioned this idea to another mod author because they have about 8 different colored torches (not lights) and each one is a different engram all of which one has to learn seperately and are seperate engrams to craft (adds a lot of clutter to oncs crafting list, just to have different colors. The multufunctional spot light is only one item yet has the function of many.
Alos, being able to change the color after placement is so handy without needing to demolish and re-make the light.
Here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527194172
I am sure the mod author would be willing to help or give tips on how they made use of the radial menu / menu wheel (not sure what to call it).
Anyway, thanks for hearing me out and for your mod thus far.
ExM Apr 21, 2017 @ 6:56am 
Good job with the color additions. I like renaming it & having color, no paint or painting mats needed. Perfect! Thank you so very much. :steamhappy:
Betelgeuse Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:35pm 
Thanks for your work. You did a great job with the colors. Much more simple than what i suggested.:steamhappy:
Dragon Protector May 6, 2017 @ 8:07pm 
Originally posted by Judqment8:
I was actually working on it, but I put it on hold as it takes a while as I have to make files for each color and "placements". And also I'm not sure how many colors people are actually looking for.

Perhaps first I include red, blue and green versions. Only for the normal sized though.

Please add black, aqua, megenta, white, rainbow color to
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50