This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Remnant
GroZZleR  [developer] May 21, 2015 @ 6:26am
Need to know anything about the project? Ask away.
If there's anything you'd like to know about the game, ask away and I'll answer as soon as I can.

Thank you everyone for your support so far.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Rholliday May 21, 2015 @ 12:14pm 
Hey there, I was curious as to how many people we can expect to see in a match and what kind of time frames games can take place on.
GroZZleR  [developer] May 21, 2015 @ 2:06pm 
Originally posted by rholliday17:
Hey there, I was curious as to how many people we can expect to see in a match and what kind of time frames games can take place on.

Both answers vary depending on the size of the system you generate at the beginning of the game. A maximum of six players can play and run-time for the game will vary wildly from an hour or two to huge marathon sessions.
Lil Dragon Chick May 21, 2015 @ 2:31pm 
Will this game have a campaign or story mode? What kind of modes will there be if there are any?
Kahsm May 21, 2015 @ 2:32pm 
Could you possibly be any more awesome?
Can you form cooperative groups with other players in a formal way? Meaning, they can't attack you; and if so, is there friendly fire?
GroZZleR  [developer] May 21, 2015 @ 8:43pm 
Originally posted by Lil Dragon Chick:
Will this game have a campaign or story mode? What kind of modes will there be if there are any?

There will be two modes: campaign and scenarios. A campaign takes place across a few hours in a single, randomly generated map. Scenarios alter the starting conditions of the game and some game rules. For example: Your population begins starving with an enemy fleet bearing down your planet. Hope that helps.

Originally posted by Kahsm:
Could you possibly be any more awesome?

I could but I don't want to hog all the awesomeness.

Originally posted by CanadianBeerDrinker:
Can you form cooperative groups with other players in a formal way? Meaning, they can't attack you; and if so, is there friendly fire?

You can absolutely align with other players in defensive pacts but two allied fleets can't meet in battle, so friendly fire isn't possible. No agreements will protect you from hostile espionage though.
Captain Christmas May 22, 2015 @ 7:22am 
What will pricing be at launch?

What are your plans for development later on?
GroZZleR  [developer] May 22, 2015 @ 9:44am 
Originally posted by Captain Christmas:
What will pricing be at launch?

It will be $30.

Would you mind clarifying? Not entirely sure how to answer that one.
Captain Christmas May 23, 2015 @ 5:09pm 
Originally posted by GroZZleR:

After you get a full release of this game, do you have any large plans to further improve the game?
Yewkaliptus May 23, 2015 @ 9:12pm 
Hey, the game looks great! I just had a few specific questions.

Is the process of colonizing and constructing buildings something like Planetary Annihilation, or is it something different?
I would imagine metal resources would be used to build ships. Is there a duration of time that it takes for them to build? If so, do they spawn immediately in space?
Are units set to automatically engage the enemy on sight, or do they have to commanded to attack the enemy?
GroZZleR  [developer] May 24, 2015 @ 7:38pm 

After you get a full release of this game, do you have any large plans to further improve the game?

I will absolutely be supporting the game for months and years after the game is released. Assuming it's financially feasible, I'll be adding more and more content as well.

Originally posted by Yewkaliptus:
Hey, the game looks great! I just had a few specific questions.

Is the process of colonizing and constructing buildings something like Planetary Annihilation, or is it something different?
I would imagine metal resources would be used to build ships. Is there a duration of time that it takes for them to build? If so, do they spawn immediately in space?
Are units set to automatically engage the enemy on sight, or do they have to commanded to attack the enemy?

Thanks for your interest, happy to answer.

Colony management is menu based, like a Civilization game, not like Planetary Annihilation or StarCraft.

Metal is absolutely used for the construction of ships and structures. All construction projects take time to complete and then they'll appear in space around the planet.

Ships in combat operate in three different modes: general fire, focus fire and hold fire. General fire will lob volleys at the nearest possible target. Focus fire will attack only a specific unit. Holding fire prevent attacking entirely.

Hope that helps clear things up. Thanks for your support.
Zamm Jun 7, 2015 @ 11:30am 
How do you capture planets from one of your enimies. do you just bombard the ♥♥♥♥ out of it(might not work on a astoried, but would be cool if you could blow one apart) or do you launch ground troops to capture it?
GroZZleR  [developer] Jun 7, 2015 @ 12:21pm 
Originally posted by Zamm:
How do you capture planets from one of your enimies. do you just bombard the ♥♥♥♥ out of it(might not work on a astoried, but would be cool if you could blow one apart) or do you launch ground troops to capture it?

Hey Zamm - great question.

When a hostile fleet blockades a planet, they have two options:

Invasion - The planet slowly begins to be captured at a rate proportionate to the size of the fleet blockading the planet (eg. larger fleets capture planets faster). No actual player controlled ground combat takes place, but that is what's being simulated. This keeps all of the structures of the planet intact for extra spoils.

Bombard - Bombard the everloving ♥♥♥♥ out of the planet, destroying all structures in the process. Once the planet is in ruins, it returns to neutral and is available for colonization by anyone.

Hope that helps clear it up.
Zamm Jun 7, 2015 @ 2:02pm 
Originally posted by Zamm:

Hey Zamm - great question.

When a hostile fleet blockades a planet, they have two options:

Invasion - The planet slowly begins to be captured at a rate proportionate to the size of the fleet blockading the planet (eg. larger fleets capture planets faster). No actual player controlled ground combat takes place, but that is what's being simulated. This keeps all of the structures of the planet intact for extra spoils.

Bombard - Bombard the everloving ♥♥♥♥ out of the planet, destroying all structures in the process. Once the planet is in ruins, it returns to neutral and is available for colonization by anyone.

Hope that helps clear it up.
sweet, hope we will be able to see the ships bombard the planet, as i love a good orbital bombardment
Last edited by Zamm; Jun 7, 2015 @ 2:02pm
Will this game allow private servers?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Per page: 15 30 50