The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

No more Imperials.
Corgi Biscuit Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:41pm
this is stupid
(redacted previous statment) should valve remove paid content altogther and replace that feature with dontaions instead?
Last edited by Corgi Biscuit; Apr 24, 2015 @ 1:05pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 79 comments
.com Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:42pm 
Yeah but the mod creaters only get 25% of the revenue from their mods. This means that theyll have to charge higher prices to make any $ from the them.
Eclipse Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:45pm 
It would be a good feature if valve didn't get %75 of the revenue. How the ♥♥♥♥ is this even any money for the creators of mods, valve takes something like %35 of money while selling items that you get while playing a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ game but gets %75 of your well earned money that you work hard to get by making quality mods
Hawk Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:46pm 
Honestly I et that you modders spend a lot of time making mods, but to be fair no one ever asked you to make a mod or forced you to sit down and make one, the workshop should be free to everyone.
Mithrandir Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:46pm 
Charging for something that should be free is not a "feature".
Corgi Biscuit Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:48pm 
Originally posted by Mithrandir:
Charging for something that should be free is not a "feature".
you dont get it it shouldnt be free since im already selling it elsware
Corgi Biscuit Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:49pm 
and yes it sucks but i still dont see any point in whineing about it what will you do about it (nothing) valve likes money so they found a way to make more
MrTibs97 Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:50pm 
To be honest paying for mods will just break the modding community, as it already is now. I know its great that the creator gets money, but many people probably wont do it, when they can go to other forums and get them for free!
SephirothVII7 Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:50pm 
New rage face coming soon.

Valve says: " Shut up and gimme your money" (Fry holds Steam Workshop logo in his hand)
Eorvek Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:51pm 
Woah, no caps and some misspelled words.
2edgy4me

But seriously, they should have just added a donate feature for modders. Instead of, erm, this. Also, Mods are made by choice, they aren't being made for a company or anything.
Corgi Biscuit Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:52pm 
Originally posted by MrTibster:
To be honest paying for mods will just break the modding community, as it already is now. I know its great that the creator gets money, but many people probably wont do it, when they can go to other forums and get them for free!
no paid mods have been around since tes3 but yes making workshop items sellable without restrictions on what can and cant be sold is a bad idea
Corgi Biscuit Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:53pm 
Originally posted by Mandi-Chan:
Woah, no caps and some misspelled words.
2edgy4me

But seriously, they should have just added a donate feature for modders. Instead of, erm, this. Also, Mods are made by choice, they aren't being made for a company or anything.
i totaly agree thats why i havnt posted my survival island mod here i dont support it but still no point in whineing
Senti Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:55pm 
The main sense of the modmaking is that mod developers work on a free basis, you know? They created mods for free earlier, so they should create them later.
Throbert De Niro Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:55pm 
Originally posted by xNanoPuppyx:
can you please remove this mods not only is it stupid it is also pointless mod creators deserve to charge for their mods seeing as we work hard on most of them make (and pay) for some of the resources used to even create the mods you obviously dont understand how hard it is to make really unique custom content
what should of happend is a donate feature
Originally posted by xNanoPuppyx:
can you please remove this mods not only is it stupid it is also pointless mod creastors desirve to charge for their mods seeing as we work hard on most of them make (and pay) for some of the resources used to even create the mods you obviously dont understand how hard it is to make really unique custom content

I certainly agree that modders should be rewarded for their hard work, if they so desire (I'd point out that modders haven't charged on steam workshop before now and got on fine). So perhaps a donate button would have been more appropriate. This is a thinly veiled attempt by steam (valve) to make EVEN MORE money off of other people's creativity.
Iacubos Apr 24, 2015 @ 12:57pm 
If something was set up to contact mod makers and set up making some dlc. Just saying that would help steam, Bethesda and the mod creator get income. It will end your backlash and still provide you with the ability to keep people playing Skyrim and paying. (without all the backlash) While staying true to your word on helping out the modding community. Contacting modders to make possible dlc and canceling paid modding community gives certainty in knowing the one who made the dlc isn't someone selling a mod they did not make themselves. All in all there is too many problems with the new system. Something more attuned to greenlight would be better.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 79 comments
Per page: 1530 50