This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Valiance Online
FGS Jim Aug 15, 2016 @ 10:22pm
PVP
Heros, villains....conflict as old as radiation, Yea you gotta allow us to fight each other. And not like CoH or champions online style....allow us to fight anywhere. Allow villains to rob npcs, destructible objects (not expecting terrain). all of these things would make this game a winner.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Please, no! I'm so tired of PVP. I'm not saying PVP shouldn't be allowed. I'm just saying that if devs incorporate PVP, please give it it's own seperate environement so that those who just want to PVE can group up and go about our own business without getting ganked or Duel-spammed every thirty seconds.
FGS Jim Aug 15, 2016 @ 11:23pm 
Originally posted by @#$%in' Terrence ✔:
Please, no! I'm so tired of PVP. I'm not saying PVP shouldn't be allowed. I'm just saying that if devs incorporate PVP, please give it it's own seperate environement so that those who just want to PVE can group up and go about our own business without getting ganked or Duel-spammed every thirty seconds.
"duel spammed" i'm talking about PKing, open, unapproved player killing. villains won't be nice and heros would need to uphold peace.....why does removing the struggle appeal too anyone?
Originally posted by FGS Jim:
"duel spammed" i'm talking about PKing, open, unapproved player killing. villains won't be nice and heros would need to uphold peace.....why does removing the struggle appeal too anyone?

What's wrong with putting people who want to kill each other's characters together and away from players who don't? It sounds like you just want to force people to play a game how *you* want them to play it.
FGS Jim Aug 16, 2016 @ 12:20am 

What's wrong with putting people who want to kill each other's characters together and away from players who don't? It sounds like you just want to force people to play a game how *you* want them to play it.
what's wrong with seperating them? the struggle and tension is then seperate....the game becomes a npc grind fest for armor to que up.......dynamic pvp is the future dude.....

what's wrong with seperating them? the struggle and tension is then seperate....the game becomes a npc grind fest for armor to que up.......dynamic pvp is the future dude.....

How does it become an NPC grindfest for you? If you want to PVP, go with the PVP group. Don't force other people who don't want to PVP to PVP. It looks like I was right about you wanting to impose your playstyle on others. There are plenty of PVP-only multiplayer RPG games out there. You should look into MOBAs like League of Legends, and DOTA. They're full of other players who like to PVP.
Last edited by @#$%in' Terrence ✔; Aug 16, 2016 @ 12:23am
FGS Jim Aug 16, 2016 @ 12:35am 

How does it become an NPC grindfest for you? If you want to PVP, go with the PVP group. Don't force other people who don't want to PVP to PVP. It looks like I was right about you wanting to impose your playstyle on others. There are plenty of PVP-only multiplayer RPG games out there. You should look into MOBAs like League of Legends, and DOTA. They're full of other players who like to PVP.
Whats wrong with safe zones? like city centers and statues etc. why does the pvp have to be regulated to a zone, why doesn't the non pvp have areas for people who are being bullied? meanwhile you're telling me i'm forcing my playstyle on people......when you're saying my playstyle should be regulated to a certan area.........hypocritical.
I didn't say it should be regulated to a certain area. I said PVP should be kept seperate from PVE. When you're saying that I said your playstyle should be regulated to a certain area, you're creating a straw man argument, which is deceitful.

The reason PVP zones are typically small is because generally speaking, there are two groups of players who play MMOs: People who enjoy PVE more than PVP, and people who enjoy PVP more than PVE. Whether we like to admit it or not, the PVP group is not only much smaller than the PVE group, but has a tendency to game-hop a lot more than the PVE group (which is why the player turnover rate in MOBAs is extremely high).

But if you really want to be with people who have your same play style, why wouldn't you want an area where other people who like your playstyle can also meet and PVP? In Champions Online, you can PVP anywhere you want. You just can't PVP against people who don't want to PVP. You don't seem to like that, and that makes me think you just want some cheap/easy/gank kills.
FGS Jim Aug 16, 2016 @ 1:07am 
I didn't say it should be regulated to a certain area. I said PVP should be kept seperate from PVE. When you're saying that I said your playstyle should be regulated to a certain area, you're creating a straw man argument, which is deceitful.

The reason PVP zones are typically small is because generally speaking, there are two groups of players who play MMOs: People who enjoy PVE more than PVP, and people who enjoy PVP more than PVE. Whether we like to admit it or not, the PVP group is not only much smaller than the PVE group, but has a tendency to game-hop a lot more than the PVE group (which is why the player turnover rate in MOBAs is extremely high).

But if you really want to be with people who have your same play style, why wouldn't you want an area where other people who like your playstyle can also meet and PVP? In Champions Online, you can PVP anywhere you want. You just can't PVP against people who don't want to PVP. You don't seem to like that, and that makes me think you just want some cheap/easy/gank kills.
Lol no I just enjoy risk, it's what makes things matter but...ok.
Michael Aug 16, 2016 @ 5:02am 
Speaking as someone who absolutely hates PVP in every form, seriously....no. Keep it separate, or I for one simply won't play the game.
FGS Jim Aug 16, 2016 @ 7:53am 
Originally posted by Michael:
Speaking as someone who absolutely hates PVP in every form, seriously....no. Keep it separate, or I for one simply won't play the game.
than play dcuo on pve server....like are we really talking about this? you already have what you want......let people who don't have a GOOD superhero mmo with risk, and tension have their game....ty. Why would you just not play btw? there's conflict? you need to put in effort and the gameplay changes? pvp isn't just "hey i wanna kill that player" it's hey conflict creates entertainment, you stopping the same NPC purse robber 500 times sucks...you know it does, and what if IDK a villian player durring your "heroing" comes and stops you from protecting the citizen? you actually have to fight to protect peace....the main idea of being a super hero.....what? do you want all your villians too be computers programs?....♥♥♥♥...
Michael Aug 16, 2016 @ 8:23am 
than play dcuo on pve server....like are we really talking about this? you already have what you want......let people who don't have a GOOD superhero mmo with risk, and tension have their game....ty. Why would you just not play btw? there's conflict? you need to put in effort and the gameplay changes? pvp isn't just "hey i wanna kill that player" it's hey conflict creates entertainment, you stopping the same NPC purse robber 500 times sucks...you know it does, and what if IDK a villian player durring your "heroing" comes and stops you from protecting the citizen? you actually have to fight to protect peace....the main idea of being a super hero.....what? do you want all your villians too be computers programs?....♥♥♥♥...

What I WANT is City of Heroes. If you want pvp, play in your pvp area. Stay out of mine. There's enough pvp in the forums alone.
Last edited by Michael; Aug 16, 2016 @ 8:25am
FGS Jim Aug 16, 2016 @ 8:38am 

What I WANT is City of Heroes. If you want pvp, play in your pvp area. Stay out of mine. There's enough pvp in the forums alone.
I want CoH too......I want every zone to be constantly like a mayhem mission, everything destructable with heros and villians having open conflict over their ideals...you know, tension, weight, your actions actually matter......going to the pvp "zone" in CoH was boring people just sat down and didn't fight because the rest of the game didn't get them ready for actual gameplay. Most either mobbed up, or stayed away because when the rest of the game protects you in a safe space, the moment they throw you out of it you don't know what too do.
Michael Aug 16, 2016 @ 8:47am 

I want CoH too......I want every zone to be constantly like a mayhem mission, everything destructable with heros and villians having open conflict over their ideals...you know, tension, weight, your actions actually matter......going to the pvp "zone" in CoH was boring people just sat down and didn't fight because the rest of the game didn't get them ready for actual gameplay. Most either mobbed up, or stayed away because when the rest of the game protects you in a safe space, the moment they throw you out of it you don't know what too do.

I wouldn't mind if they made a separate server or something for pvp. But I don't want to be forced into it. If I'm paying for a game, I'm paying to have fun and be left alone unless I actually want to play with someone. I'm not paying to be harassed by trolls and gankers.
FGS Jim Aug 16, 2016 @ 9:18am 

I wouldn't mind if they made a separate server or something for pvp. But I don't want to be forced into it. If I'm paying for a game, I'm paying to have fun and be left alone unless I actually want to play with someone. I'm not paying to be harassed by trolls and gankers.

Cool, but if you want to be left alone, why not just...play a single player game?
FGS Jim Aug 16, 2016 @ 9:22am 

think of it this way, if you get ganked by villians, then that means they had a plot to attack your mighty hero and today they've won.....tomarrow you can partner up with other friendly heros....socializing the best part of an mmo, and go make sure they don't try that again on someone else...what's wrong with that?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 15 30 50