Space Engineers

Space Engineers

(DX11)Armor Thrusters
Urban Aug 14, 2014 @ 6:04am
Large thrusters
Did I miss something or is it currently only made for small thrusters.
If this is the case is this something you would be willing to make so that we can get armor on the large thrusters to?
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Braethias Aug 18, 2014 @ 11:53am 
I've already asked the same thing, there are no plans to make a large thruster variant. Too many different ways you can place them means too many shaped that would need to be made.
Tanatos Sep 16, 2014 @ 5:50pm 
there should only a need for 6 standart forms to fit everywhere.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315031786
Last edited by Tanatos; Sep 16, 2014 @ 5:51pm
COMAFSOC Sep 18, 2014 @ 7:38pm 
You're forgetting the fact that some people build, or will build, their Large Thrusters as a corner piece. To make THAT seamless, you'll need way more than 6 blocks to cope with all the different variations of corners. It's a fairly large project.
Tanatos Sep 19, 2014 @ 2:08am 
these 6 forms would be for the most common use. if you want to go into some special contructions you would also need versions to fit 1x2 ramps in every direction.
COMAFSOC Sep 19, 2014 @ 2:47am 
My point, still, is that it'd be a large project. Maybe someone will be willing to take it on, but Darth Biomech has already said he will not be working on it. I like the idea of providing the option for players to use Large Armor Thrusters, however I don't see it coming into effect anytime soon and there are already small issues I have with the current Armor Thrusters. I'd prefer to see those things resolved first. Regardless, I love these thrusters and use them on nearly all my ships.

***Edit: Spelling and Grammar***
Last edited by COMAFSOC; Sep 19, 2014 @ 2:50am
Aircraft Carrier Nov 29, 2014 @ 5:08am 
why not make only 2 models with straight face and full slope?
UnL3xpected Nov 29, 2014 @ 7:30am 
Akmed, large thrusters are 2x3, looking from the front, meaming they are not symmetrical like the small, 1x1 thrusters, so more variations would need to be made, and as much as I would love the large armor thrusters, it is too much work for our modders here.. maybe at some point, someone will step up to the task :)
MikeCDAMMIT1990 Mar 4, 2015 @ 7:16am 
im with Akmed! i'd just do a two shaped large thrusters and for anyone else who wants a fancy shape, just give the the whole "Tuff S**t!!, if you want fancy shapes go make a mod yourself" . no one has asked more of the smaller thrusters so just make do with two you fussy B**tards ;)
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50