This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Smoking Simulator
SmokingSimDev  [developer] Jul 13, 2014 @ 9:55am
"Simulator" as a dirty word...
Hello everyone!

So, we would like to address the elephant in the room and acknowledge that yes, we are another Simulator game. We also acknowledge that “Simulator” games as of late have ….varied in quality, to say the least. With that said, it was not our intent to “cash in” on the recent abundance of simulator games that have been popping up recently. Although, I understand how that can be hard to believe, all things considered. When choosing a name for a game, we went through several alternatives, but none seem to capture what our core gameplay was really about… Smoking! This was also a project we had been toying around with long before games like Goat, Rock, Grass, or (insert your simulator of choice) simulator had even hit the market.

Perhaps there is a better name out there that could encapsulate what our game is about, as we have worked hard to add other gameplay mechanics other than smoking to make the gaming experience a worthwhile one. But, at the time of posting this on Greenlight, it was what we had decided to stick to.

However, if you have an idea for a name that you feel better represents what we are trying to offer, please sound off below! I don’t guarantee that we will definitely alter our game’s title after hearing your suggestions, but we promise to read them all and really consider if a name change is the best course of action.

We truly appreciate everyone who has shown any interest in our game, whether it be good or bad, and we hope that despite the word “Simulator” being in our title, you take the time to really see what our game is about.

Please go to http://smokingsim.com/ to download a stand-alone demo of our game and judge for yourself.

Thanks everyone!
Smoking Sim Devs
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Geofferic Jul 28, 2014 @ 1:59am 
Yeah, it's not a simulator of any sort. What it is is a barely functioning steaming pile of♥♥♥♥♥♥code.

Seriously, how do you have the balls to bring this to Steam?
SmokingSimDev  [developer] Jul 28, 2014 @ 7:56am 
@Geofferic
Hi Geofferic, may I ask what functionality issues you are having with the game? Do note that the game is still in early beta, and the version that is currently playable is not representative of the complete final game. We simply wanted to let users sample the games current gameplay mechanics. Thank you for your comment.
Originally posted by SmokingSimDev:
@Geofferic
Hi Geofferic, may I ask what functionality issues you are having with the game? Do note that the game is still in early beta, and the version that is currently playable is not representative of the complete final game. We simply wanted to let users sample the games current gameplay mechanics. Thank you for your comment.

Intellectual burn.
Geofferic Jul 30, 2014 @ 4:53pm 
Originally posted by MiguelASO123:
Intellectual burn.

Your understandings of both "intellectual" and "burn" are rather suspect.

This is a Beta, not an Alpha. I cannot imagine they can, in good faith, expect people to accept major changes in "gameplay" following a Greenlight. This is not a "game"; it should not be allowed for sale on Steam. If they are holding back features, at Beta, that will transform this into a game, then they are strategically lacking in wit.
Originally posted by Geofferic:
Originally posted by MiguelASO123:
Intellectual burn.

Your understandings of both "intellectual" and "burn" are rather suspect.

This is a Beta, not an Alpha. I cannot imagine they can, in good faith, expect people to accept major changes in "gameplay" following a Greenlight. This is not a "game"; it should not be allowed for sale on Steam. If they are holding back features, at Beta, that will transform this into a game, then they are strategically lacking in wit.

This game is actually pretty fun. Plus it is considered a game, all video games are games. What you are saying is that it does not have potential to be a good game.

I understand why you are against this game. I know there are a lot of terrible simulator games. Like "Black Screen Simulator", "Simulator Simulator", "Mountain Simulator", etc. You should thankful that there is a simulator that is actually fun to play.
Jews Rule Jul 30, 2014 @ 9:10pm 
Another shet game. NEXT!
Last edited by Jews Rule; Jul 30, 2014 @ 9:10pm
LukinchLG Jul 31, 2014 @ 7:01pm 
This is not a game D:
NLC_Richard_Rahl Aug 1, 2014 @ 7:59pm 
Depending on what route you decide to go with, there are several names that might be more enticing than "Smoking Simulator 2014".

Might I suggest:

Addiction (Dirty words catch on, and addiction is a dirty word)
Fumes
Smoker's Life
Chronicle of a Smoker
(Broader Spectrum)- Addiction Simulator 2014 <- eh? :P

P.S. I apologize for steam trolls. They can be rather disruptive. :NewZombie:
SmokingSimDev  [developer] Aug 1, 2014 @ 8:22pm 
Originally posted by NLC_Richard_Rahl:
Depending on what route you decide to go with, there are several names that might be more enticing than "Smoking Simulator 2014".

Might I suggest:

Addiction (Dirty words catch on, and addiction is a dirty word)
Fumes
Smoker's Life
Chronicle of a Smoker
(Broader Spectrum)- Addiction Simulator 2014 <- eh? :P

P.S. I apologize for steam trolls. They can be rather disruptive. :NewZombie:

Hi Richard,
Addiction is actually a name that has been suggested a few times to us and it certainly has some merit..... think we'll mull that one over a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Slundey Sep 13, 2014 @ 10:20am 
Maybe you should add Some animations, Faces, More Sound effects...And it will be...AWSUM!
:baloonicorn:
Last edited by Slundey; Sep 13, 2014 @ 10:20am
Pointman Sep 18, 2014 @ 4:34am 
If there ever was a troll on Steam, it'd be the guy saying he isn't trying to cash in on the simulator fad that has been plaguing computer gaming for a bit too long.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50