This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Smoking Simulator
SmokingSimDev  [developer] Jul 13, 2014 @ 9:42am
Our view on Smoking....
Hello everyone and thanks for showing interest in our game!

We have read your comments and wanted to take a moment to address our standpoint on smoking. Despite what some may believe, our game was NOT created as a pro smoking advertisement in anyway. It was meant to be a satirical look into the day of an average smoker. The goal was to draw attention to the addictive, and often stressful, nature that some smokers are accustom to and, if anything, paint a somewhat negative picture of some of the attributes of smoking (quick to anger, unproductive, prone to stress). At the same time, we are not trying to put anyone down who is a smoker. We simply wanted to add our perspective on this popular relaxation method of choice.

In all honesty, none of the developers working on this game are smokers and certainly would not advocate anyone to start smoking, especially based on our game.

We hope you take this insight into consideration while playing our game, and hopefully enjoy it for what it is.

Please feel free to sound off below to discuss in more detail! Let us know if you agree, disagree, or think were full of it! We love hearing from you guys, rather the feedback is negative or positive, and appreciate that you have taken time to check out our work.

Thanks again!
Smoking Sim Devs
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
The way I see it. This game shows how bad addiction to smoking can be. When you don't smoke you start to panic because you NEED to smoke. So the player starts raging like a phychopath. To me this is a Smoking Addiction Simulator. :spycon:

It's a pretty good game, though. I played the demo.
DrummerExtro  [developer] Jul 16, 2014 @ 5:15am 
Yeah the game does not condone smoking in any way shape or form. But we will be able to add more things as the games life increases.
Turbo Jul 23, 2014 @ 8:12pm 
I think that the game is pretty much a demonstration on why not to smoke: Anger, Heart disease, and a lot of other stuff.... People who are against this game need to calm down a bit.
taytothief Jul 27, 2014 @ 2:48pm 
Oh please don't pander to the idiots. :rfacepalm: I'm disappointed this thread is here.
Kaillera Jul 28, 2014 @ 12:09pm 
in
WolFarmer Jul 28, 2014 @ 12:10pm 
voted giveme the game
voted yes
Boolgore Jul 28, 2014 @ 1:22pm 
voted
Dovyy Jul 28, 2014 @ 9:58pm 
voted yes i allways wanted trie to smoke!
voted yes !
CougaR Jul 29, 2014 @ 4:46am 
Ok, voted
mazzy2u Jul 29, 2014 @ 11:19am 
This looks hilarious!!! Definite yes from me!!
Voted ~!
Fox Jul 30, 2014 @ 2:42am 
Have you thought about using steam workshop?
SmokingSimDev  [developer] Jul 30, 2014 @ 7:29am 
Originally posted by masterCameron101:
Have you thought about using steam workshop?

We have and are currently exploring what Steamworks features to implement once the game is Greenlit. If there are particular features you would like to see, please let us know!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 15 30 50