Don't Starve

Don't Starve

Wisp, the Stray; also Wynter and Wei
CowboyPunk  [developer] Feb 2, 2015 @ 7:11pm
BUGS, ISSUES AND TROUBLESHOOTING YOUR MOD
Insofar, I have not experienced any problems with this mod. If you are having problems with crashing or starting this mod, refer to this list of common problems and issues:

1: Is it crashing when you turn on the mod, when you go to select the character, or start a new game?
- Try turning off or on small textures in the game's option menu.

2: Does it crash when you start a new game or during play?
- There may be a conflict with another mod, try turning off any other mods you have and see if it makes a difference.

3: Is the mod just not showing up at all even though you've subscribed to it?
- Make sure it's turned on in the mod menu in your game; the mod needs to be activated by clicking it, then click apply. The character should appear normally when you go to select character in a new game.
- If it's not showing up in the mod list, you can also try downloading directly from the Klei forums, unzipping it, and placing that in the game's mods folder. You can find the mods folder in your steam folder (unless you intentionally put it somewhere else, it will in the programs folder on your computer) and following this order of folders: steam/SteamApps/common/dont_starve/mods.
Or for Don't Starve Together: steam/SteamApps/common/Dont Starve Together/mods.

Download links:
Wisp, Wynter and Wei (DS/RoG, not DST compatible) [forums.kleientertainment.com]
Devon (DS/RoG, not DST compatible) [forums.kleientertainment.com]

If none of these applied to your issue or just plain didn't seem to work, leave a comment with a description of your problem and I'll try to help as best I can.
Last edited by CowboyPunk; Feb 5, 2015 @ 5:39pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
Ahsoka Zuni Feb 16, 2015 @ 7:44pm 
hi my birdy isnt restoring my charaters sanity anymore?
CowboyPunk  [developer] Feb 18, 2015 @ 8:57am 
Originally posted by XxLacixX:

Do you have any other mods enabled? There may be a conflict. If not, sometimes the game may just hiccup and something weird will happen; a simple restart may fix it. Otherwise, I don't really know what else to tell you without any more information. Does she still restore sanity when you place her on the ground and stand nearby? Are you wearing something or near something that drains sanity, countering her boost?
Hi, game crashes everytime when I open Chester (I play as Wisp), and says that this is due to mod's error.

Here's a screenshot[cs7052.vk.me]
CowboyPunk  [developer] Mar 9, 2015 @ 10:40pm 
Originally posted by chestervelt:
Hi, game crashes everytime when I open Chester (I play as Wisp), and says that this is due to mod's error.

Here's a screenshot[cs7052.vk.me]

Hmm, best I can figure is that this may be due to an incompatibility with 99 item stack or possibly some effect another character mod has? You might want to try turning off some of your mods and see if they aren't conflicting in some way while you play with Wisp/Wynter/Wei.

Edit: also, thank you for the screenshot!
Last edited by CowboyPunk; Mar 9, 2015 @ 10:40pm
Flounder Apr 14, 2015 @ 8:34am 
Hi! My cats loose thay sanity under the rain no matter if they carry an umbrella or not. Bug it is?
I play on the DS version
Last edited by Flounder; Apr 14, 2015 @ 8:36am
CowboyPunk  [developer] Apr 14, 2015 @ 12:36pm 
Originally posted by Flounder:
Hi! My cats loose thay sanity under the rain no matter if they carry an umbrella or not. Bug it is?
I play on the DS version

Nope, they just hate the rain altogether. I might see about lessening it more with umbrellas, though.
DieCortana Apr 27, 2015 @ 10:10pm 
Devon crashed as soon as it started raining.
Edit: It has occured to me again. After dying, and resurrecting at the portal, while running back to my stuff, this error occured.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433537041
Last edited by DieCortana; Apr 28, 2015 @ 12:12am
CowboyPunk  [developer] Apr 29, 2015 @ 9:13pm 
Originally posted by DieCortana:
Devon crashed as soon as it started raining.
Edit: It has occured to me again. After dying, and resurrecting at the portal, while running back to my stuff, this error occured.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433537041

Thanks for the screencap, I'm on it!
Tehn May 2, 2015 @ 2:39pm 
http://joxi.ru/8An064WcyXL5mO - Screenshot of the error message I get when playing on a NON dedicated server. Dedicated one works fine tho. Weird.
CowboyPunk  [developer] May 3, 2015 @ 9:53pm 
Originally posted by TeN:
http://joxi.ru/8An064WcyXL5mO - Screenshot of the error message I get when playing on a NON dedicated server. Dedicated one works fine tho. Weird.

Weird, thanks for the screencap! Fixin this guy up right now
Tehn May 4, 2015 @ 2:33am 
no problem. hope he will be fully DST compatable soon! A friend like to play on this character ! :D
CowboyPunk  [developer] May 4, 2015 @ 10:42am 
no problem. hope he will be fully DST compatable soon! A friend like to play on this character ! :D

Just updated him last night and didn't have any crashing problems, myself; should be good to go!
Tehn May 4, 2015 @ 11:55am 
Originally posted by CowboyPunk:

Just updated him last night and didn't have any crashing problems, myself; should be good to go!
Alright! Will test soon and give you feedback. :)
Thanks
Weep ' Jul 22, 2015 @ 10:47pm 

Do you have any other mods enabled? There may be a conflict. If not, sometimes the game may just hiccup and something weird will happen; a simple restart may fix it. Otherwise, I don't really know what else to tell you without any more information. Does she still restore sanity when you place her on the ground and stand nearby? Are you wearing something or near something that drains sanity, countering her boost?

This happens the same for me, on RoG it's fine birdy gives sanity boost when worn and stood near. On vanilla dont starve however there is no sanity boost when birdy is worn. Only mod i have enabled is 'wheres my beefalo'
CowboyPunk  [developer] Aug 12, 2015 @ 1:34pm 
Originally posted by Weep ':

This happens the same for me, on RoG it's fine birdy gives sanity boost when worn and stood near. On vanilla dont starve however there is no sanity boost when birdy is worn. Only mod i have enabled is 'wheres my beefalo'

OOH. I think I maaaay know what's up with that, thanks for the detailed report!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
Per page: 15 30 50