Don't Starve

Don't Starve

Steam & Punk
Totoroszek  [developer] Jun 17, 2014 @ 12:22am
Balancing
If you have some good suggestions about making this mod more balanced, feel free to comment here about it. I want to improve the experience of Don't Starve and I don't want diminish the overall difficulty of the game :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Urist McEngie Jun 17, 2014 @ 9:07am 
The gear axe needs more uses, as it has less uses than a gold axe which has 400. For reference, gold tools have 4x more durability than their flint counterparts. So, maybe 600? I don't know, but gears in a recipe require that object to be pretty overpowered, unless one is playing RoG.
Totoroszek  [developer] Jun 17, 2014 @ 11:26am 
@Urist McEngie Thank you so much for the suggestion :lampoff:

I will take this into consideration. I want to remind you, that gear axe needs simple axe to craft, not the golden axe. So the gear axe can be comparable to the golden axe. I doesn'thave to be better in durability. Also making gear version of a tool, doesn't mean that I have to rise all stats or durability a lot. There are few thing which could be changed: Durability, damage, chopping speed, durability drop multiplayer while chopping. I bet I can make this axe resonable and practical. I think when I will change this axe. It could be a good option to put new item instead of golden axe :)
Starving Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:37pm 
gear googles- same durabillty as a football helmet, gives night vision, can be repaired with gears

Steam mask- protects u from fire, slows overheating in summer

I hope u like my ideas and maybe u can make a custom speech for each characters?

In any other news.....Great mod! :) keep up the good work
Starving Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:41pm 
also why does the gear hot armor dosent heal u.... But the charcters say i will be healed!
Totoroszek  [developer] Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:41pm 
@TheStarvingFriend You gave me good suggestions :) But I already add Gear helmet with fire dmg drop by 80%. About the characters speech on items, this is one of my future plans :)
Totoroszek  [developer] Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:42pm 
Originally posted by TheStarvingFriend:
also why does the gear hot armor dosent heal u.... But the charcters say i will be healed!
I will be heated, not healed :)
Last edited by Totoroszek; Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:42pm
Starving Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:44pm 
ok thanks! ; )
Starving Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:46pm 
@Mr.Hastings sorry i couldnt see the t. Those letters are tiny.
Totoroszek  [developer] Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:46pm 
Originally posted by TheStarvingFriend:
@Mr.Hastings sorry i couldnt see the t. Those letters are tiny.
No problem, I understand that :tank:
bad trip Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:51pm 
Awesome mod i like it. More chopping speed for that gear axe will be great and it will be my favorite tool for sure.
Totoroszek  [developer] Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by N|ex|t Ra:
Awesome mod i like it. More chopping speed for that gear axe will be great and it will be my favorite tool for sure.
I can already confirm that I'll add something to gear axe in 1.1 version ;)
bad trip Jun 18, 2014 @ 6:08am 
I've played game for a while with this mod and i can say that 2 items is need to be nerfed

1 GEAR HELMET is op. it's easy to craft and it gives u 95% dmg absorption it's too much.
Scalemail gives only 70% dmg absorb
My suggestion is:
- Gives 80% protection to fire
- Lowers speed by 15%
- 80% dmg absorption and durability of armor wood
- Needs Alchemy engine

2 GEAR HOT-ARMOR this armor gives u light (no limit) and warm (weapon and hat slots is free) that's really nice to exploring the caves and it also gives 80 % dmg absorb.Same as helmet it's easy to craft and absorption too much
My suggestion is:
- gives light and warm while equipped
- absorb 30% damage and has durability of armor marble
- lowers speed by 15%
- Needs Alchemy engine
now it's more like a bathyscaphe-suit for the caves

or if can u do that light needs to be refueled with Electrical Doodad or charcoal then

- gives light and warm while equipped
- absorb 80% damage and has durability of armor marble
- lowers speed by 20 %
- Needs Alchemy engine

Recipe requires:1 Miner Hat, 1 wood armor, 4 gears, 5 charcoal something like that

I really enjoy this style and i hope it will be usefull for you.
Last edited by bad trip; Jun 18, 2014 @ 7:48am
Totoroszek  [developer] Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:46am 
@N|ex|t Ra Thank you for your support. I'll definitly nerf absorbtion. You suggest to add speed drop to gear armor, but I already add there 20%. Did you knew about it ?
bad trip Jun 18, 2014 @ 12:16pm 
Didn't know that but im pretty sure u need to do something with infinite source of light
Totoroszek  [developer] Jun 21, 2014 @ 10:20am 
Originally posted by N|ex|t Ra:
Didn't know that but im pretty sure u need to do something with infinite source of light
I reworked the gear armor. See Changelog for more detailed info :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50