Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Greatest Cities
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Technoluddite  [developer] May 30, 2021 @ 1:53pm
How to report bugs\problems
This mod should work for most people, and be compatible with most other mods. But there are hundreds of possible combinations of DLCs, rulesets and game options (nevermind the 4000+ mods available on the workshop), and there thousands of in-game situations, so testing for every possible situation is impossible.

If you're unlucky enough to come across a bug or incompatibility posting a comment just saying 'It doesn't work' or 'Crashes' isn't helpful. I can't do anything with that!

If you want to report a problem, please include the following info:
  1. Explain what the problem is! What doesn't work? Is the Great Cities button not appearing? Or does it do nothing when clicked? Or does the window appear but there's no info? Or does a giant pink otter appear and start throwing doughnuts at you?
  2. What version of the game are you playing? Vanilla? Rise and Fall? Gathering Storm? Any special game modes enabled?
  3. Singleplayer, multiplayer or hotseat?
  4. Immediately after the problem occurs, grab the Lua.log, Database.log and Modding.log files from C:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs\, and share them from dropbox (or similar), or cut and paste the contents to somewhere like pastebin.com, and post the links. These are massively useful in working out what the issue is, without them it's pretty much impossible.

Even with all that info, there's still no guarantee I'll be able to fix every issue, but there is at least a chance.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
engel Aug 17, 2021 @ 7:28am 
Hi,

could you check the related code to this changelog please?

`v1.2
Replaced some hardcode english strings with localised lookups`

Because none of the strings show up, like, at all.
Maybe it's a problem with missing strings for a certain language? (aka.the fallback to English doesn't work?) Or maybe an incorrect number of arguments; or typos, idk.

And as the mod worked fine before, and everything seems to work as well (except for showing text), I don't think it is a compatibility issue. But for the sake of completion: Gathering Storm, SinglePlayer, activated mid-game.

Best regards :)
Technoluddite  [developer] Aug 17, 2021 @ 1:45pm 
Thanks for the report! You're right it's not a conflict, it's me being an idiot and making a complete mess of the localisation.
As a short term fix you can try deleting \steamapps\workshop\content\289070\2494925002\Text\AKGC_Text-zh_Hans_CN.xml
which might solve the problem by forcing it to use the English language file.

Either way, I should have an updated version out in a couple of days, with some new features, so I'll make sure this is properly fixed in that.
Technoluddite  [developer] Aug 21, 2021 @ 3:40am 
The localisation bug causing any language other than English to fail to show any text is now fixed, in v1.3
Skalozubio Jan 13, 2022 @ 8:46pm 
Hello.
Situation: In russian language we use 6 cases for each word. For Example in English you just write Text="London". But in Russian we are using Text="Лондон|Лондона|Лондону|Лондон|Лондоном|Лондоне". I understan, you don't know cyrillic alphaber, but the idea is that - we should use different forms of word in some situations.
For exapmle "You captured {1_cityname[4]}". And that means we should get 4th form of that word.
What the problem is?
The problem is, that when you use LL() function, you passing arguments wrong.
For Example you write LL("TEXT_TEXT", LL("ANOTHER_TEXT")). The second LL() is wrong. It will returns only the word, and not all the forms of the word.
In my mod with Russian translation, I was forced to replace your GreatestCities.lua file.
You can compare and see what changes I made - here [drive.google.com]
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50