Wallpaper Engine

Wallpaper Engine

Firewatch real time day/night cycle
 Ez a téma ki van emelve, tehát valószínűleg fontos.
✟ Daniel ✟  [Fejlesztő] 2019. júl. 21., 13:26
💡 Feature suggestions
Feel free to post your ideas/suggestions to this wallpaper in this thread :-)
I'll take a look at your suggestion and address it whenever I have the time. When/if a suggestion has been implemented, I'll remove it from the list.

This is a list of the current suggestions that you guys want:
  • Remove the deer, or make the transition better.
  • More effects, like sakura.
  • Moving stars.
  • Choosing a specific time and freezing it there.
  • Real time weather effects (rain, snow etc.)
  • 4K background images.
  • A way to change when it gets darker/brighter so it's more accurate to real life (setting the sunset/sunrise)
  • Audio visualizer.
  • Add iCUE integration.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: ✟ Daniel ✟; 2020. márc. 15., 3:34
< >
115/35 megjegyzés mutatása
Real time weather? Like a rain effect. Idk if that is even possible

Thanks for your work btw
Remove the deer, or make the transition better.
More effects, like sakura.
Moving stars
Choosing a specific time and freezing it there.
A way to change when it gets darker/brighter so its more accurate to real life
✟ Daniel ✟  [Fejlesztő] 2019. nov. 6., 10:13 
Hypo eredeti hozzászólása:

Hi,

This is actually one of the features I would love to have implemented in the wallpaper. The way it would work is, that the wallpaper would fetch today's time of sunset and and sunrise automatically and then place the sun or night sky "correctly" so it matches winter time or summer time better.

This is unfortunately easier said than done since the current state of the wallpaper depends on a lot of static images and not regular animations.

If I ever find a solution to this, I'll keep you posted!
† Daniel † eredeti hozzászólása:
Hypo eredeti hozzászólása:

Hi,

This is actually one of the features I would love to have implemented in the wallpaper. The way it would work is, that the wallpaper would fetch today's time of sunset and and sunrise automatically and then place the sun or night sky "correctly" so it matches winter time or summer time better.

This is unfortunately easier said than done since the current state of the wallpaper depends on a lot of static images and not regular animations.

If I ever find a solution to this, I'll keep you posted!

Hope you find a solution and thank you for the hard work, Absolutley love the wallpaper, keep up the great work!
Hi! A audio visualizer would be cool!

Nice work btw ^^
Setting - Font size?
So we could make the time/weather smaller/bigger.
Awesome work and by far my new favorite background. The only possible things I would suggest is to add a moon that fits the minamalistic theme but mostly, to use less compressed images if possible, the darker images suffer from noticeable compression artifacts.

EDIT: After some digging i found https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369464207 which uses the original SVG but synced to time of day. If you were able to put your clock and weather on it it would be perfect I think.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Dak47922; 2019. dec. 14., 19:34
✟ Daniel ✟  [Fejlesztő] 2019. dec. 22., 9:51 
Dak47922 eredeti hozzászólása:
Awesome work and by far my new favorite background. The only possible things I would suggest is to add a moon that fits the minamalistic theme but mostly, to use less compressed images if possible, the darker images suffer from noticeable compression artifacts.

EDIT: After some digging i found https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369464207 which uses the original SVG but synced to time of day. If you were able to put your clock and weather on it it would be perfect I think.

Hello Dak47922,

The link you provided looks quite interesting! I'll definitely have a go at it whenever I have the time for it and see what I can make out of it. It surely looks promising in terms of fixing the sunset/sunrise issue that another subscriber has mentioned previously as well - and as you mentioned yourself, this solution would make the use of images obsolete which is also a welcoming change overall.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: ✟ Daniel ✟; 2019. dec. 28., 16:17
Hello Dak47922,

The link you provided looks quiet interesting! I'll definitely have a go at it whenever I have the time for it and see what I can make out of it. It surely looks promising in terms of fixing the sunset/sunrise issue that another subscriber has mentioned previously as well - and as you mentioned yourself, this solution would make the use of images obsolete which is also a welcoming change overall.

Awesome to hear! I wish you luck and happy holidays!
Hey, the wallpaper plays the music when I'm in a fullscreen application, and or when my desktop is locked, am I just missing a setting on how to fix this or is it a common problem? Thanks in advance. Also just found this, i just put this in the comments area, sorry for that
Hey there, great wallpaper! Any chance we get faster weather refreshing? Because most of the times I boot my pc it stays on N/A for a lot of time. Thanks :D
✟ Daniel ✟  [Fejlesztő] 2020. febr. 27., 10:02 
WheelChairWarrior eredeti hozzászólása:
Hey, the wallpaper plays the music when I'm in a fullscreen application, and or when my desktop is locked, am I just missing a setting on how to fix this or is it a common problem? Thanks in advance. Also just found this, i just put this in the comments area, sorry for that

To anyone who's having the same issue; this was answered some time in the comments section of this item. Here's my response:

"I've looked into the problem regarding audio still playing when in fullscreen. After having contacted the developers of Wallpaper Engine I've learned that it's actually a bug in the Wallpaper Engine application that has yet to be fixed - so there's not much I can do to fix this issue unfortunately. The only solution I can think of is to select the "Stop" option in "Other application fullscreen" for now at least."

Gundalf eredeti hozzászólása:
Hey there, great wallpaper! Any chance we get faster weather refreshing? Because most of the times I boot my pc it stays on N/A for a lot of time. Thanks :D

As of right now, the API used for the weather feature has a limit of 60 calls per minute. If more calls are needed, I'd have to pay for the upgraded solution (40 USD per month). An alternative could be to allow users to register their own API key in the wallpaper options. However, I'm unsure if this would be too technical for the average user to sign up for an API key by themselves.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: ✟ Daniel ✟; 2020. febr. 27., 10:13
✟ Daniel ✟  [Fejlesztő] 2020. febr. 29., 10:51 
Gundalf eredeti hozzászólása:

I've just released a new version. I've added the option to enter your own API key. You need to sign up here: https://home.openweathermap.org/api_keys and then generate a new key. Copy this key and paste it under the wallpapers settings (there should be a new option to enter an API key).

After doing this, the wallpaper will automatically fetch weather data every minute.

I've just released a new version. I've added the option to enter your own API key. You need to sign up here: https://home.openweathermap.org/api_keys and then generate a new key. Copy this key and paste it under the wallpapers settings (there should be a new option to enter an API key).

After doing this, the wallpaper will automatically fetch weather data every minute.

Awesome! Will get an API key. Thanks a lot :D
< >
115/35 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50