This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Dwarven Descent | Into The Deep
TinkerHouse Games  [developer] Aug 7, 2013 @ 4:08pm
You got questions? We got answers.
Hey all. We're tracking the comments but feel free to ask us what needs asking here as well. You stay classy Steam.
Last edited by TinkerHouse Games; Aug 7, 2013 @ 5:23pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Valyen Aug 7, 2013 @ 8:46pm 
Just as a friendly note, its "embark" not "emabark". (Six Dwarves Embark On A Journey):
TinkerHouse Games  [developer] Aug 7, 2013 @ 10:50pm 
Originally posted by Valyen:
Just as a friendly note, its "embark" not "emabark". (Six Dwarves Embark On A Journey):

Ha. I can't believe that made it through. Do you know how many critical eyes were on that that didn't catch it? Sigh. Thanks for the heads up.
faust.twi Aug 10, 2013 @ 6:13am 
linux?
HumbleLinux Aug 10, 2013 @ 6:36am 
Linux PC support?

MAC is supported, so it should be automatic to support Free platforms (Linux) too.
TinkerHouse Games  [developer] Aug 10, 2013 @ 9:35am 
So, regarding Linux, we absolutely are interested in supporting it. However, we have yet to publish to that platform and we're not going to make any promises til we're able to vet the process and the results.

It is a Unity project so it has a straightforward path to a Linux distribution. In our experience though it's best to be pragmatic and not promise anything til we've got our heads wrapped around it and have been able to play with.

Thanks guys.
Last edited by TinkerHouse Games; Aug 10, 2013 @ 11:45am
[Bad]Karma! Aug 10, 2013 @ 11:39am 
It would be great, if the GNU/Linux port will see the light. And, hope the game will see the Greenlight as well :)
irosas Aug 12, 2013 @ 9:54am 
br?
Smiling Spectre Aug 12, 2013 @ 12:12pm 
Is it related to game "Delve Deeper!" here on Steam? You see, hexes, dwarves, competition, game name?.. Of course, "Delve Deeper" is turn-based, and haven't upgrades and plot, but still...
TinkerHouse Games  [developer] Aug 12, 2013 @ 1:51pm 
(repost from earlier in the comments)
-
Hey all, so we were shown Delve Deeper after we went public with our game. There are some cosmetic similarities, namely dwarves and hex tiles, but that's really where the similarities end. We've since played the game (I enjoyed it, I LOVE turn based and the art and animation is great) and frankly they're just not very similar. We're a 3D, real time single player puzzle rpg game. And they're a 2D turn based multiplayer game.

Both do feature dwarves delving, but we feel that's such a ubiquitous feature of dwarven lore that neither of us can own it. Once you see the games, asides from those thematic elements, there is a pretty clear gulf between them. Much more so in fact than many front running FPS's or RTS's or any other of the heavily trafficed genres.
doomowl Aug 14, 2013 @ 8:11am 
any level up system or skill tree ??
TinkerHouse Games  [developer] Aug 14, 2013 @ 10:57am 
Yes, as the dwarves discover ancestors they unlock new passive powers. And as they discover relics they can reforge them (using resources they find) to give them new powers or make existing powers more potent.

So they get new powers by discovering their past.
svzurich Aug 14, 2013 @ 10:18pm 
The update says that dwarves can only carry one relic each, but the $100 level on Kickstarter allows two relics for each dwarf class. Are they forced to choose which to carry?

Also, if I purchase at the $50 or $100 level for Android and then buy the game on Steam, will I be able to enter the same unlock code for the relics on my copies of the game on other platforms? I have several Android devices, primarily game on my PC, and an ipad mini. Potentially I might buy three copies of the game (two after its release) and would like the unlocked items on all platforms.
Pappa Aug 19, 2013 @ 3:15am 
yesyes
TinkerHouse Games  [developer] Aug 19, 2013 @ 9:46am 
Originally posted by svzurich:
The update says that dwarves can only carry one relic each, but the $100 level on Kickstarter allows two relics for each dwarf class. Are they forced to choose which to carry?

Also, if I purchase at the $50 or $100 level for Android and then buy the game on Steam, will I be able to enter the same unlock code for the relics on my copies of the game on other platforms? I have several Android devices, primarily game on my PC, and an ipad mini. Potentially I might buy three copies of the game (two after its release) and would like the unlocked items on all platforms.

@svzurich - yes we absolutely plan on allowing customers to have the same item unlocks on multiple platforms.
egbilar Sep 8, 2013 @ 5:01pm 
Will there be a main plot in the finished product? I mean, most iOS and Android games tend to go with a lighter plot and more addicting gameplay, but as a PC gamer, I'm just wondering if there'll be any REASON for these dwarves to delve into this dungeon. Nothin' fancy needed :P
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 15 30 50