Conan Exiles

Conan Exiles

Asshuri Treasures v0.6.5
Smiley Aug 16, 2019 @ 4:52am
Dragon Husbandry
Is there a spawn code for the book that teaches you the Dragon Husbandry feat? I'm testing the mod out on my single player game and have not been able to find it. Loving everything else about the mod so far.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
shogakusha  [developer] Aug 17, 2019 @ 7:27am 
Hi Smiley!
The book to learn Dragon Husbandry is called the Dragonhide Book. Admin can spawn the Dragonhide Book from the Spawn Item>Other tab. Alternatively if the server uses Pippi, then a thespian can provide the Dragonhide Book as part of an interaction or quest. The Dragonhide Book does not drop from any mods by default. This allows server admin/owner to control whether they want dragon hatchling pets on server.
shogakusha  [developer] Aug 17, 2019 @ 7:49am 
For those looking for hints on dragon husbandry, dragon eggs can be harvested from slain dragons. This requires no change or action from server admin. However rearing the egg requires the recipes learned from the Dragonhide Book. While all Dragon Hatchlings share many characteristics, different colored hatchlings will exhibit some variation in combat.

Incubating a Dragon Egg
Dragon eggs can be incubated in a Compost Heap like other eggs. However Dragon Eggs are rather inert unless under the right conditions. Specific other materials must be present in the Compost Heap to simulate the dragon creche.

5 Volatile Glands with Red Egg
10 Puffball Mushrooms with Green Egg
10 black ice with Frost Egg

Those combinations will start the egg incubating for a couple hours resulting in a dragon wyrmling. NOTE: a wyrmling will not survive more than a couple hours left in the Compost Heap. Rearing dragons requires dedication and attention.

Rearing your Wyrmling into a Hatchling
Once you have hatched your wyrmling, you should take it out of the Compost Heap and place it in the Animal Pen with appropriate food. Dragons are voracious eaters, they do not eat little chunks of meat, they require entire carcasses!

Ostrich carcass
Shoebill carcass
Boar carcass
Gazelle carcass

The Dragonhide Book (admin spawnable) that teaches the Dragon Husbandry Feat, will now also teach the 'Draconic Fodder' recipe. Draconic Fodder is crafted in Alchemy Benches and is now a required component to rear a Wyrmling into a Dragon Hatchling in an Animal Pen. This should fix the issue with players crafting Dragon hatchling pets without having obtained the Dragonhide Book.
Last edited by shogakusha; Sep 3, 2021 @ 6:45am
alicethemad Dec 11, 2019 @ 5:49am 
Some how people are raising dragons on our server without the book?

Kahlest1 May 15, 2021 @ 8:40pm 
I placed the red dragon egg and 5 volitile glands in the compost heap. I accidently clicked the wyrmling and the egg and glands appearred back in the comp heap. Now I can't get the egg to grow. It that a bug or did i kill the egg?
shogakusha  [developer] May 30, 2021 @ 11:16am 
Hi @Kahlest1, I don't think it is possible to 'kill' the Dragon Egg, if you got it back. Did you try removing all items from the compost heap and seeing if it starts incubating again?
Pixie Jun 6, 2021 @ 7:10pm 
@shogakusha i see once i get the wormling, I can't seem to find what type of animal pen to put it in to grow the dragon fully. I have tried several different pens. From the aoc ones to the basic game ones. Nothing seems to happen it just says animal pen. So what specific pen should i be using?
shogakusha  [developer] Aug 20, 2021 @ 6:46am 
@Pixie sorry I missed your post for so long. Should be any animal pen, using the right food outlined in the spoiler text above
Can you please clarify: Apparently your discord says it has to be some kind of fodder, but the last post from you on August 20th says it's the spoiler'd stuff above? Which is currently accurate?
Originally posted by alien.vs.predator2021:
Can you please clarify: Apparently your discord says it has to be some kind of fodder, but the last post from you on August 20th says it's the spoiler'd stuff above? Which is currently accurate?
shogakusha  [developer] Sep 3, 2021 @ 6:46am 
The spoiler text above has been updated to include Draconic Fodder
NyMpHoBoNsAi Oct 6, 2022 @ 4:52pm 
dragons cant be tamed in mod pens. will try base game pens and see if that works
TwitchySkitch Feb 28, 2023 @ 12:53am 
Hi @Shogakusha,
Thank you for your mods!
Even after learning Dragon Husbandry and making the Draconic Fodder, I cannot rear the Wyrmlings in the vanilla animal pens. Is there something I'm missing?
Thank you.
Last edited by TwitchySkitch; Feb 28, 2023 @ 12:56am
shogakusha  [developer] Feb 28, 2023 @ 5:57am 
Hi @TwitchyBitch, did you also put a carcass in the pen with the Draconic Fodder?

Ostrich carcass
Shoebill carcass
Boar carcass
Gazelle carcass
TwitchySkitch Feb 28, 2023 @ 12:17pm 
No, I'm a derp. I thought the fodder was a replacement for the carcasses. Thank you so much for getting back to me.
Hiro Apr 9, 2023 @ 1:56pm 
Love the mod, what are the differences in dragon attacks? The ice is a paw slam, the green is a tail whirl, but what is the red I just can't seem to figure it out. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Again thanks for the great mod.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50