Warframe

Warframe

Mirage Kuvael Jester Skin
Irrelevant Nov 1, 2018 @ 6:19pm
Those Cuisses
I gotta agree with everyone else: this skin is just plain gorgeous.

Or it very nearly is. There's one giant problem, IMO: those cuisses, man. The rest of the model is beautifully streamlined and proportioned, but to my eye, attaching those big, thick plates to the upper legs disrupts the flow and destroys the balance. Not sure if it's possible, but it would be great if you could make them auxiliary attachments so they're removable. I'm afraid I just can't stand them.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Erneix  [developer] Nov 2, 2018 @ 4:16am 
They are removable on mirage prime. :D everyone hates them.
SleepyFox Nov 6, 2018 @ 8:23am 
Can we get a picture of what this skin looks like on the Prime model?
Vhadros Theveguis Nov 11, 2018 @ 10:19pm 
Originally posted by Argon Byte:
Can we get a picture of what this skin looks like on the Prime model?
Yes, please.
Xsoskeleton Nov 12, 2018 @ 6:41pm 
Tennogens are not allowed to modify the base normal frame model, Lukinu's mirage skin was used to make the cuiss rather see through but it was not accepted until changed into some kind of energy colroed plates instead of see through plates
SleepyFox Nov 13, 2018 @ 3:18am 
This skin makes the cuisses look good imo.
texrei Nov 19, 2018 @ 11:12am 
Well, i don't hate them
Xao Nov 21, 2018 @ 7:28am 
Originally posted by Xsoskeleton:
Tennogens are not allowed to modify the base normal frame model, Lukinu's mirage skin was used to make the cuiss rather see through but it was not accepted until changed into some kind of energy colroed plates instead of see through plates
The devs ruin some of the best ideas in Tennogen with obsessions like this. They really need to learn to take a hands off approach and stop ruining the work other people do for them. Soverign, I think it was, had fur on it and they insisted on removing it, and it went from a 10/10 to a 2/10 instantly.

I'd have bought both the syandana and the skin instantly had they just left it alone, but I guess they don't like money.
Irrelevant Nov 21, 2018 @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by Grav:
The devs ruin some of the best ideas in Tennogen with obsessions like this. They really need to learn to take a hands off approach and stop ruining the work other people do for them. Soverign, I think it was, had fur on it and they insisted on removing it, and it went from a 10/10 to a 2/10 instantly.

I'd have bought both the syandana and the skin instantly had they just left it alone, but I guess they don't like money.
Or maybe they don't like syandanas that will tank the framerate on low-end machines (fur is computationally expensive to model), or skins that clip heavily with half the weapons and melee stances in the game and require you to type "/unstuck" every few minutes.

Look, a real-time, content-heavy application like Warframe is a tangled mess of interconnected systems and resources so nightmarishly complicated that no one person, no matter how knowledgeable/experienced, can really fully comprehend it. Insisting that Tennogen skins match the base model hugely simplifies the process of ensuring they will be compatible with physics algorithms and shared animations/attachments, both now and in the future.

So when it comes time to create a new melee stance, debug collision detection, or perform any of a large number of additions/modificaitons, they "only" have to compatibility-test with every warframe, prime, and deluxe skin, rather than every single skin, period. IMO, that's a pretty reasonable thing to insist on.
Xao Nov 22, 2018 @ 12:45am 
You've got your priorities all out of order, and you're saying things that suggest you believe computers run on cargo cult logic.

I'd leave it at that, but christ... This really needs to be said: If a skin is causing collision issues you've got way, way worse problems you need to sort out before you can even worry about the graphical intensity of your assets. That WOULD be cargo cult programming.
Irrelevant Nov 22, 2018 @ 10:38pm 
Originally posted by Grav:
You've got your priorities all out of order, and you're saying things that suggest you believe computers run on cargo cult logic.

I'd leave it at that, but christ... This really needs to be said: If a skin is causing collision issues you've got way, way worse problems you need to sort out before you can even worry about the graphical intensity of your assets. That WOULD be cargo cult programming.
Umm ... no. Either you misunderstand what "cargo cult logic/programming" is, don't know how collision-detection works in games, or I failed to make myself clear, but I'll assume the latter and attempt to explain myself again.

My basic point is this: you don't know how Warframe works, and neither do I, so assuming that DE is mean or stupid or "doesn't like money" is pretty darn foolish. Even games that weren't rushed out the door and don't have a shed-load of unusual alterations tacked on can have components interact in ways an outside of observer (and sometimes an inside one) just wouldn't expect.

Here's an example of visual meshes and physics interacting in ways you wouldn't expect: skins on zaws. You'd think that the visual mesh would basically be independent of weapon behavior. After all, if you can apply the Mortier skin to a weapon as dissimilarly proportioned as the Galatine without breaking the game, surely there'd be no problem applying it to a two-handed Dokrahm zaw, right? Wrong.[forums.warframe.com] (I'm only guessing, but I suspect that some of the difficulties [DE]Marcus refers to in that post are the reason the Dominion skin glitches on the Zenistar, the only other melee I can think of that produces a projectile.)

As for a skin causing clipping, is that possible? Sure. Would changing the visual mesh cause collision issues? Quite possibly. Warframe almost certainly uses several methods of collision detection, utilizing low-cost methods like bounding boxes in some c ases and high-accuracy methods like physics meshes in others. If, for example, the bounding box assumes warframe's are a universal size (it probably would be to ensure small frames don't end up squeezing into restricted areas), and yet the physics mesh of the skin penetrates the bounding box, you could certainly end up causing issues if, for example, you were pressed up against a wall when it transitioned between methods.

Now, would removing the cuisses on this skin cause collision problems? Almsot certainly not. Does that matter? No, because there are, no doubt, a plentitude of ways to make a game-breaking visual mesh, and listing them all would simply be impractical, if not impossible. It's far, far easier for everyone involved to just insist that the base model be left unchanged.
LTurmoil47 Nov 23, 2018 @ 6:36am 
Didn't they say that all tennogen models are compatible with prime parts? Last I recall some of Mirage's skins removed the Cuisses anyways to replace them with the prime parts to distinguish them apart.

And besides, the entry states that you need to modify the BASE model, so whether or not that stays or goes doesn't matter. At this point it's all just a matter of preference whether or not people would like to keep it on or take it off if that is the case with the prime parts.
Bluegaming11854 Nov 29, 2018 @ 6:30am 
Originally posted by Irrelevant:
I gotta agree with everyone else: this skin is just plain gorgeous.

Or it very nearly is. There's one giant problem, IMO: those cuisses, man. The rest of the model is beautifully streamlined and proportioned, but to my eye, attaching those big, thick plates to the upper legs disrupts the flow and destroys the balance. Not sure if it's possible, but it would be great if you could make them auxiliary attachments so they're removable. I'm afraid I just can't stand them.
Big puffy shoulders are part of what makes it a "Jester" skin. Jester, clown, it should look a little silly. Though this does a great job of being sexy and even dark as well.
Irrelevant Nov 30, 2018 @ 8:56am 
Originally posted by Bluegaming11854:
Big puffy shoulders are part of what makes it a "Jester" skin. Jester, clown, it should look a little silly. Though this does a great job of being sexy and even dark as well.
Cuisses are thigh/upper-leg plates ("cuiss" is a French word, I'd presume, and the one used when describing that particular part of European plate armor). I quite liked the shoulders, and didn't find them silly at all, although I hadn't made the association with jester outfits. Now that you've pointed that out, I like them even more. :)
Korporal Noobs Feb 14, 2019 @ 10:59am 
The have to be mandatory. If we could remove those extra bits on Warframes...
Tennogen would have ripped the skirts from Trinity and Saryn in the first round.
🦄 lainverse Apr 16, 2019 @ 7:00am 
Well, I'd try to contact DE and ask them to allow skings for Prime parts of the frames. In fact a lot of Tennogen skins suffer from enabling Prime details becaus ethey don't match theme of the base skin. Would be really awesome if tennogen authors would be able to apply custom skins to prime parts as well to make them match their awesome skins.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50