RimWorld

RimWorld

Dubs Mint Menus
blank Jun 16, 2022 @ 12:13am
Suggestion Workbench Search Bar
How about adding the possibility to search for the research project name in workbenches? And show the possible bills that each finished research added.
I'm currently researching new weapons in my current run and they add always a bunch of them, when you have a lot of mods. And looking through them all, and typing in each weapon name, well you can guess it...
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Dubwise  [developer] Jul 13, 2022 @ 5:28am 
so you mean list all researchable weapons in the workbenches, but greyed out with a link to the research project needed to unlock it, instead of having to click through a million modded research projects to see what they have
blank Jul 13, 2022 @ 12:02pm 
Not quite. I try again.

https://imgur.com/a/BfV2ibC

The pic includes your Workbench Mint Menu, with the A: searchbar, in which I would like to search for new searchable keywords, created after the research projects, that unlock the corresponding bill. Keywords like you already give us 'leather, head, industrial' etc.

B: It also shows another mod, where I got the idea/wish for this.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2625720098

The mod does show the bills in the workbench categorized by their research projects that unlock them. Like here a keyword would be 'Precission rifling' or to let it search in the research names just 'precission'.
Like you let us search in 'Any words in bill labels or product labels e.g. pants', you could add the research projects names from every bill to it.

I imagined you can easily read out the research project name of a bill somewhere, cause it automatically works in this other mod too?
Dubwise  [developer] Jul 13, 2022 @ 12:13pm 
oh you mean just filter by unlock research, its possible
blank Jul 13, 2022 @ 1:05pm 
yes FILTER, that's the word, this whole explanation would have made easier lul.

Thanks for reading these. :steamthumbsup:
Dubwise  [developer] Jul 13, 2022 @ 2:11pm 
well in the mean time you can search by mod name which narrows it down a bit
Sovek Nov 18, 2022 @ 6:39pm 
To add to this, would it be possible to add the ability to search/filter for the properties of items/stats in the "Offsets when equipped" field? For example, searching for "Social impact" would only display the currently craftable items that affect the Social impact stat.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50