War for the Overworld

War for the Overworld

The Original Underlord -DK1 Remake [21/20]
A Very Festive Scarecrow  [developer] Apr 28, 2018 @ 5:11pm
Level Bugs+Planned Features/Suggestions
I'm going to make this discussion so you guys can help report bugs/errors with maps as well as suggestions. This will allow me to contain issues to one discussion as well as help me keep a list for when I go back and edit them. Please feel free to add onto bugs or make suggestions here!
Last edited by A Very Festive Scarecrow; Oct 22, 2018 @ 9:05pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 122 comments
Blink Apr 27, 2018 @ 10:51am 
Where is the highguard on level3?
Ive been playing for over an hour. Ive build my base and trained army. Ive dug all round the edge and found the hidden rooom, I also found the cross shaped pond - but I still can't see how to complete the main objective.

Where is the highguard, or how do I get him to appear?
Last edited by Blink; Apr 27, 2018 @ 10:55am
A Very Festive Scarecrow  [developer] Apr 27, 2018 @ 11:11am 
Hmm this is odd. I'll check the level for you and see where the problem is.

Going back and editing finished levels at the moment sometimes causes settings and scripts to reset, so this may be the case.

THe Highguard is supposed to appear over time after other waves, like the previous two levels.
A Very Festive Scarecrow  [developer] Apr 27, 2018 @ 11:32am 
I'm looking through the levels scripts and I'm having trouble seeing the lack of connection. I'm going to recite the string of events and tell me when it stopped

1: Building a beast den, barracks, arena, lair, slaughterpen (at least 3x3) and claiming the gateway will give you the archive
2: Upon attracting the cultist, parties of heroes will begin to spawn and dig towards your core
3: After killing the heroes, and a bit more time has passed, the Highguard and his party should spawn and attempt to invade.
Blink Apr 27, 2018 @ 12:12pm 
I completed events in 1, all at least 5x5 rooms
I got the cultist.
but no heroes spawned

Let me know if there are any steps you want me to try, or screen shots of anything.

Edit:

here is a shot of my base - you can see 6 cultists.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1371683653

here is a shot after I've dug out the whole area - then gave up
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1371683708
Last edited by Blink; Apr 27, 2018 @ 12:19pm
A Very Festive Scarecrow  [developer] Apr 27, 2018 @ 12:17pm 
I should be good on screenshots, and the actions list that after the cultists spawn (and you get dialogue explaining him) A timer begins counting down that will spawn in heroes after a certain amount of time, so that's what I'm going to be looking for to see if anything is wrong. I haven't encountered this myself, so I'll see what's causing the problem.
A Very Festive Scarecrow  [developer] Apr 27, 2018 @ 12:30pm 
I wasn't able to find anything that would've caused this... Assuming you were also given the lightning and heal spell, everything seems to have worked.
I'll look at it more tonight, but until then I've temporarily enabled all levels from the get go. You can try the level again and see if the same occurs, or move on with the rest of the work I've provided so far.
Blink Apr 27, 2018 @ 12:47pm 
I just restarted
1) I claimed the dungeon
2) I made all the available rooms 5x5 and library was unlocked (Saved the game)
3) I built a 5x5 library
4) I got a cultist.

I have played from the save game 3 times and at step 4 once I got the standard 'a cultist has entered your dungeon' text and speech. the other two times I got no message at all when the cultist entered.

How long is the timer and is it visible to the player?
Blink Apr 27, 2018 @ 12:51pm 
I didn't get the lightning and heal spell at any point.

Let me know if you'd like me to try anything to help track it down.

Thanks for unlocking the other levels :)
Merethys Apr 27, 2018 @ 1:02pm 
This may be a related issue: For me, the hero parties spawned inside solid earth and thus would never dig a path to my dungeon. This happened with the second group in level two also. I was able to complete levels 2 and 3, because I knew where the spawns would be (having played Dungeon Keeper back in the day), so I could dig the heroes out myself. It is weird, though. I clearly remember the heroes having a small claimed area in southwestern level 3 of DK. In your remake, only the cross-shaped pool is present, everything else is earth.
Blink Apr 27, 2018 @ 1:33pm 
That sounded pretty plausible Merethys, so I went back to my original save and dug out ALL the possible blocks.

Unfortunately no enemies spawned.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1371744273
A Very Festive Scarecrow  [developer] Apr 27, 2018 @ 1:36pm 
Hmm
I'm guessing the map editor must've exported the maps oddly for the campaign, as each Map functioned individually when I was playtesting them.

Around tonight I'll start poking around the maps and making sure they function and are exported properly.

I apologize for the inconveniences
A Very Festive Scarecrow  [developer] Apr 27, 2018 @ 1:41pm 
And you'd be correct that the heroes have a big area to the southwest of level 3. It's present in the same level in my collection of individual (unscripted) maps.

the map editor and campaign uploader is still clunky and has problems ocassionally. However with all the updates I also wouldn't be surprised if it requires some to reinstall/verify files/etc. On their own end.
iI'll be making sure these levels are loading and playing correctly before continuing with more levels
Blink Apr 27, 2018 @ 1:45pm 
no worries. I'm happy to test/replay any levels later if it helps :)
Last edited by Blink; Apr 27, 2018 @ 1:45pm
Merethys Apr 28, 2018 @ 12:06am 
Another probably related thing: The heroes don't belong to the empire, but to "Underlord". They are not white, but blue.

You can even see it in the map preview:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1372060470

So my guess what happens is the game thinks there should be another underlord, but that underlord doesn't have a dungeon core, so everything is converted to natural earth instead.
Dentatus Apr 28, 2018 @ 8:42am 
Rosycoat fortress won't asplode.
I seem to be unable to raze the fortress at Rosycoat. Map is cleared, inhibitor gone splodey but I've no Underminer or similar to make the brimstone follow suit. I imagine this is meant to be scripted in somewhere, but I'm yet to work out what the trigger is. Bug, or am I missing something?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 122 comments
Per page: 15 30 50