Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Extended Diplomacy Ribbon
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Aristos  [developer] Oct 20, 2019 @ 2:50pm
XML files for Simplified Gossip mod users
The changes in EDR version 1.05B that incorporated the extended diplomacy ribbon into the diplomatic interaction windows made this mod incompatible with Simplified Gossip. The good news is that there is only one offending line of code that creates the whole issue.

If you want to keep using Simplified Gossip with EDR, download the following ZIP archive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1usSA7WkgBEZ4tC_R7YwzCFqHVuld3TkQ

The files inside the ZIP are named with a tail corresponding to which folder they have to go. Go to the EDR mod folder, delete the DiplomacyActionView.xml files inside both Vanilla_XP1 and XP2 subfolders, and then extract each modified file from the ZIP into their respective subfolder. Last step is to rename each file so that they are both DiplomacyActionView.xml files.
Last edited by Aristos; Oct 21, 2019 @ 9:33am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
ChrisMartin Oct 20, 2019 @ 10:13pm 
Thank you! Due to Compare add-on in Notepad++, I see the offset adjustments you did as well. Nice.
Aristos  [developer] Oct 21, 2019 @ 9:26am 
If Notepad++ is your friend, Compare is your girlfriend :D
Aristos  [developer] Oct 21, 2019 @ 9:36am 
Misalignment in EDR inside the diplo screens has been also corrected in the replacement files for SG. Please re-download and re-apply.
ChrisMartin Oct 21, 2019 @ 2:49pm 
Thank you!
Basil_oz Oct 26, 2019 @ 10:15pm 
Thanks for this. It took me half a day to find which mods were conflicting (I'm running 124 mods so I pretty well expect to have to chase conflicts on an irregular basis), so to have the answer and correcting files available was fantastic! Thanks for all of your hard work and for this great mod.
Levas/Alis Dec 5, 2019 @ 8:09am 
With this fix, both mods are working perfectly, big thanks !
gigafrosty Jan 17, 2020 @ 5:12pm 
You are a GENIUS! Thanks so much for this fix! I thought this game was unplayable for MONTHS and your tutorial worked like a charm! Thank you thank you thank you! Now I can finally play my save file again!
mikeysouthwell Jul 2, 2020 @ 7:37am 
Thank you so much for this fix! I was just victim to this issue after left-clicking on a Civ portrait and then got stuck in “screenshot mode” with no way out other than pressing ESC to get to the main menu and then reloading the game. Is there any reason why this fix isn’t pushed out automatically in the latest release of EDR?
Aristos  [developer] Jul 2, 2020 @ 1:07pm 
Because it is a fix for SG files, not EDR, and only for SG users...
mikeysouthwell Jul 3, 2020 @ 4:51am 
Ok and thanks for the prompt response Aristos! :) I just wasn't sure if it could be bundled up for all users or if there is some adverse effects for users who don't use SG if they apply the fix.
Zyxpsilon Nov 26, 2020 @ 7:57pm 
Arrrgggghhh.. i also had to apply this hack fix. Too bad there still isn't a pure intra-mod compatibility trick that could just let **both** your codes to behave correctly while being used together. :)
Thanks for this anyway.
piggeldi8 Dec 2, 2020 @ 12:59pm 
Hey, thanks. But where can I foud the "simplify gossip" folder
blazeknave Dec 5, 2020 @ 11:53pm 
@piggeldi8 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\1126451168
@Aristos I think I have a better way to make our two mods compatible.

If you copy the following new instance into DiplomacyActionView.xml in your mod then Simplified Gossip can use that instance even if your mod overwrites that XML file with your copy.

The benefit is no one will need to manually edit mod files and since this instance is never referenced by your mod it wont affect anyone not using Simplified Gossip.

<Instance Name="IntelGossipHistoryPanelEntry_Override"> <Grid ID="Background" Texture="Controls_GossipBubble" Size="450,37" Anchor="C,T" SliceCorner="18,18" SliceTextureSize="36,37"> <Image ID="Icon" Offset="20,7" Size="22,22" IconSize="22" Icon=""/> <Label ID="GossipText" WrapWidth="parent-55" Offset="45,0" Style="TextButtonStyle" Anchor="L,C"/> <Label ID="NewIndicator" String="[ICON_New]" Anchor="R,T" Hidden="1"/> </Grid> </Instance>

What do you think?
Aristos  [developer] Jan 14 @ 4:15pm 
FF, did you try it?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 15 30 50