Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Velociraptors
此主題已被鎖定
Fish 2013 年 6 月 5 日 上午 1:27
[BUG] Character names change back to regular names.
So, after I uninstalled some mods that were screwing around with my game via freezing it, the mod no longer changes the names of the survivors.

I re-installed the mod to no success.

Anyone know how I can get them back? And could the original Velociraptors mod for L4D1 be the cause?
< >
目前顯示第 1-7 則留言,共 7
Time for a Nap 2013 年 7 月 13 日 上午 8:10 
I don't think it's a problem with other mods interfering with this one. I haven't been able to get the survivor names to change at all. It's just Ellis, Coach, etc.
Fish 2013 年 7 月 14 日 上午 4:40 
Funny thing, it started working again after a few hundred resets.
cave hermit 2013 年 12 月 26 日 下午 4:55 
Just installed, and it isn't changing survivor names for me either; I just installed the game itself this morning, and the only other mod I have is a chainsaw sound mod.
Perseo 2013 年 12 月 30 日 下午 2:33 
I have the same problem but why? And how i can repair it?
Jörf 2013 年 12 月 31 日 下午 12:59 
It doesn't change the name, it's just showing what the dinosuars are called.
Perseo 2013 年 12 月 31 日 下午 1:01 
引用自 King Tsunami
It doesn't change the name, it's just showing what the dinosuars are called.
No, it changes the names idiot it's a bug
Splinks  [開發人員] 2014 年 1 月 2 日 下午 1:40 
*sighs* for those that aren't aware of how files work on a pc allow me to educate you all.

First off the file that controls the names of infected and survivors are all within one single txt file.

Now lets think of this TXT files as a photo in your pictures folder. Surely if you have a photo called Derp.jpg and were to add another picture called Derp.jpg into the same folder the older one would be overwritten with the newest.

The same principle applies here. if there are any mod or map that controls this TXT file then other mods that rely on it will not fully work. However this issue does not break the game and any other mod that tells you it conflicts with this one will not break the game. it just means only one set of survivor/s will have the name change in effect
< >
目前顯示第 1-7 則留言,共 7
每頁顯示: 1530 50