RimWorld

RimWorld

Nature's Pretty Sweet
tkkntkkn  [developer] Dec 10, 2017 @ 1:41pm
Bugs - CURRENT MEGA THREAD
If you're having the "raining lava" bug or the "rain turning the ocean and rivers into dirt" bug, please post in the other discussions.

Bugs/bad stuff that should be fixed:

Caravanning throws an error when the new map is loaded
Redwoods don't regrow
Planted plants were disappearing
Lichen-covered dirt doesn't get wel
Can't use Redwood to make chemfuel
Dead Redwoods deconstruct instantly
Error in console about a key that doesn't appear in the dictionary
No snow, only frost
Some stuff (like dead redwoods) spawning in the wrong biomes
Frost displaying under/around walls
Frost not melting
Snails living in agony
Roe missing image
Amber/petrified wood wrong color
Custom floors, waters, etc were turning to dirt in the rain
Redwood biome temperatures
Redwood biomes raining all the time
Frost performance issues
Couldn't build on wet sand
Redwoods/fallen redwoods ugly & too hard to tell where to click to interact with them
Steam vents spawning outside volcanic fields
Redwood/petrified wood floors using bad material
Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named BlocksTKKN_LavaRock.
Last edited by tkkntkkn; Feb 25, 2018 @ 11:19am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 229 comments
{SK} That Lamer Dec 11, 2017 @ 11:58pm 
Dunno if this qualifies for bug reports or mod compat requests, but I found the reason for the map just completely ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ up due to tiles gradually completely changing. It was being caused by Map Reroll. I'd reroll it a few times, and everything would seem fine (though the map didn't match the preview I selected) at first, but then tiles would gradually start changing once I unpaused. Usually in catastrophic ways, such as nearly all sand, or water stranding colonists. I didn't try NOT rerolling but having the mod installed, but after uninstalling map reroll, there were no more problems.

The description does say that NPS isn't compatible with mods that mess with world/map gen, so fair enough. Hopefully these incompatibilities can get ironed out eventually, though.

Other observations:

Lichen-covered dirt (defname MossyTerrain) and other biome exclusive vanilla terrain doesn't seem to have a wet variant defined.
Wet sand is intensely OP at 200% fertility, eclipsing rich soil which is 180%. Wet soil is similarly classified above rich soil at 200%.
sdp0et Dec 17, 2017 @ 2:25pm 
I dried out an area of marsh and marshy soil with pumps. After a rain, all of these tiles were turned into moving water, which isn't affected by the pumps.

I tried using dev mode to turn them to shallow water and even soil, but they just start turning back into moving water, but now it happens even without rain.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour, but I wanted to check on it.
Sakujo Dec 20, 2017 @ 2:07pm 
I'm getting spammed with this error suddenly. :/

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.IntVec3,TKKN_NPS.cellData].get_Item (IntVec3 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.checkIfCold (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.checkPawns () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.MapComponentUtility.MapComponentTick (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentTick(Map)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
refugeedrone Dec 28, 2017 @ 12:26pm 
so my redwood forest is turning into a desert flats
Sakujo Dec 28, 2017 @ 4:56pm 
Well redwood don't regrow. For now I use the console to spawn the few in my base again as they sometimes just disappear (and the hitbox of them is massive, so 2 blocks away is the nearest for a growing area or they chop down the tree)
refugeedrone Dec 29, 2017 @ 12:42am 
so im on a Volcanic Fields map. the steam vents pop up under walls and mountain rock
Figgis Dec 29, 2017 @ 1:41pm 
Looks like I've lost my run this time. Following error is a run killer...:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
at Verse.TerrainGrid.TerrainAt (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.GridsUtility.GetTerrain (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.cellData.get_currentTerrain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.cellData.setTerrain (System.String type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.doCellEnvironment (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.checkRandomTerrain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.MapComponentUtility.MapComponentTick (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Nianor Jan 3, 2018 @ 7:14pm 
I'm getting the same error as Sakujo and a few other people in the comments. It seems to be occuring every tick. When my game runs for long enough, it can produce an output log nearly 2 million lines long. It actually crashes notepad when I try to open it. I think it's related to being on a shore tile. I'm also having an issue where the tides don't work.
EDIT: Interestingly enough, if I turn the main weather control off, but leave everything else on, I get the same error, but it happens much less frequently.
Last edited by Nianor; Jan 3, 2018 @ 7:43pm
ThePlagueBeast Jan 5, 2018 @ 9:59am 
Just got a manhunter pack of giant snails, which was better than the last two of tortoises, and I checked on them only to find out they're all...
http://puu.sh/yUUuA/a959404741.jpg
Pain NaN%
Nianor Jan 5, 2018 @ 7:23pm 
Originally posted by lionsilverwolf:
Just got a manhunter pack of giant snails, which was better than the last two of tortoises, and I checked on them only to find out they're all...
http://puu.sh/yUUuA/a959404741.jpg
Pain NaN%
Oh yeah! I had the same thing, except I kept on getting raiders using them as mounts, until I blacklisted them. I don't care how bored you are, no one should ever ride a giant snail into battle.
The shores like to totally dry out
Shet Jan 13, 2018 @ 10:02am 
I noticed if you switch saves from a game with a different biome the scripts from the previous keep running so this ended up with my redwood forest at 60 dgrs fahrenheit turning it an ice sheet.
I'm having an issue where with a map generated even after the option was toggled off, I am still getting Lava Eruptions outside of Lava fields.
ThePlagueBeast Jan 17, 2018 @ 8:12pm 
Dust storms are making my arid shrubland's creek flow. That kind of seems like the opposite the intended effect.
eeBs Jan 18, 2018 @ 10:49pm 
Originally posted by Figgis:
Looks like I've lost my run this time. Following error is a run killer...:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
at Verse.TerrainGrid.TerrainAt (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.GridsUtility.GetTerrain (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.cellData.get_currentTerrain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.cellData.setTerrain (System.String type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.doCellEnvironment (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.checkRandomTerrain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I am also getting this error.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 229 comments
Per page: 1530 50