Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Cinema
 Toto téma bylo přilepeno, takže je nejspíš důležité
Sam  [vývojář] 9. dub. 2013 v 13.45
Frequently Asked Questions
Before posting about a problem you're encountering, please review the possible solutions below. An installation guide for the gamemode can be found here[www.pixeltailgames.com]. For a list of convars and more info, check out the wiki[github.com]

YouTube video split in half /
YouTube videos play at 360p /
Vimeo videos won't play /
Twitch streams don't start
Garry's Mod is using a browser technology called Awesomium which is based on Chrome 18, a very outdated version. Many of the required HTML5 features for video playback aren't supported in Awesomium, and thus not supported in GMod/Cinema. For progress on fixing this issue, please see the feature request on GitHub[github.com].

I'm missing Adobe Flash
Follow the installation guide here[cinema.pixeltailgames.com] to install the NPAPI version of Adobe Flash Player.

The screen is white
Open up console by pressing ~ and type in mat_dxlevel 90

Why do I see a bunch of error models and missing textures?
Try subscribing to the cinema_theatron map on workshop. The basement theater requires Half-Life 2: Episode 2 to be mounted in GMod.

How do I change the volume?
Hold tab, left-click anywhere on the screen and then drag the volume bar on the right side of the scoreboard. Alternatively, you can increment/decrement the volume by 10% using +/- respectively. Note that the volume can't be changed on Twitch streams as there's currently no way to do so programmatically.

How do I select/request a video?
Method 1: While in a theater, hold Q to show the theater actions menu. On the left menu, select "Request Video." A menu will open in which you can navigate video providers to find a video of your choice. Once you've found the video you want, you can press the "Request URL" button to the right of the URL address bar. The button will be colored red if the video you're viewing is valid for the Cinema gamemode.
Method 2: Find a video URL (must be supported by Cinema) and paste it into the chat. Upon pressing enter, it should say the video has been requested.

Left clicking menus is not working.
If you're using a touchpad, there may be software delaying clicks after typing; this needs to be disabled. In Windows 8, the delay can be turned off in the mouse and touchpad settings.

The theater screens aren't working and there are no doors to the theaters, how do I fix this?
You haven't selected the Cinema gamemode on the main menu. Follow these installation instructions[www.pixeltailgames.com] to find how to start a game using the Cinema gamemode. If you're trying to run a dedicated server, it also needs to be subscribed to the content. Read the question below for more info.

How do I create a dedicated server running the Cinema gamemode?
After setting up a dedicated server[wiki.garrysmod.com], you can have your server subscribe to Steam Workshop addons by following this tutorial[wiki.garrysmod.com]. The collection you'll want to use is here. Remember to configure your server to use the cinema gamemode by adding "gamemode cinema" to server.cfg.

I can hear audio, but I can't see any video.
If you're a Mac user, I'm afraid this is an issue yet to be resolved. The problem is likely to be an issue with Garry's Mod itself. In any case, you can try updating your version of Adobe Flash (for "Other Browsers").

I can see the video, but I can't hear anything.
If you're a Windows user, try accessing the Volume Mixer (Image[samuelmaddock.com]) through the task bar and make sure that Awesomium's volume slider is set properly. You must be in-game and in a theater for the Awesomium process to appear.

When I'm playing Cinema, I am getting errors. Can you fix them?
If you're playing on a public server, it's possible that the errors are due to custom server modifications or that they need to update the gamemode. If you're positive that this is not the case, feel free to post the error (copy from the console) and I'll look into it.

How can I allow mics in the theater?
Set cinema_allow_voice to 1 in your server.cfg file. Other convars can be found on the wiki.[github.com]

Am I able to disable video voting?
Yes. The convar cinema_queue_mode can be used to change the video queue between two modes.
1 = Videos may be voted up or down
2 = Videos are played in the order they're requested.

How do I open the spawnmenu in Cinema?
The Cinema gamemode doesn't inherit the Sandbox gamemode functionality. The following are a few solutions for watching videos with Sandbox features:
Livestreams aren't working in public theaters.
Any non-timed video is restricted to private theaters.

YouTube videos aren't playing in HD
Please ask the developers of GMod to update Awesomium[github.com], this issue is out of my control. :(

How do I change my player model?
Currently Cinema doesn't support a visual way to change your player model. However, it's possible to change your player model using the convar cl_playermodel in any gamemode.

The title of the video says https://youtube.com/devicesupport
The server you're playing on is running an older version of the Cinema gamemode. They'll need to update to the latest version for fixed YouTube support.
Naposledy upravil Sam; 24. čvc. 2016 v 12.46
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 509 komentářů
what category does the map appear under? there isint any tab for cinema gametype and i cant find it in sandbox or other.
Sam  [vývojář] 9. dub. 2013 v 15.03 
The official map is a separate workshop addon. It can be found in the Cinema workshop description.
if its callled a private theater why can everyone come in and skip your vid when your watching it to troll you i think if there were a thing to select if u want anybody to come in or if you wanted a spefic person and just so they didnt hog it u had to chose 2 other diffrent people or more
Sam  [vývojář] 14. dub. 2013 v 0.51 
There's a "Toggle Queue Lock" button in the owner controls for the private theater. That should prevent users from being able to voteskip, etc.
Naposledy upravil Sam; 14. dub. 2013 v 0.52
Every time I join my server I have to do "map cinema_theatron" in console or the doors won't work, is there a way to fix this?
I cannot play the videos, even using your method number 2, method numbner one there is no theater actions menu... I am using google chrome, link is from youtube and my flash is up to date, windows 7 32 bit
I feel like an idiot but I haven't really played with gmod that much. How do you get a player model to load? Rather, how do I change my character model?
Sam  [vývojář] 15. dub. 2013 v 10.26 
DaEO/, make sure you've selected the gamemode on the main menu before starting the map.

Mr. J, there's no menu support for changing your player model in Cinema. However, you can do so in the Sandbox gamemode using the player model menu.
I have the latest version of Flash, but it doesnt work. Is there any problems if I have Windows 8?
Is it flash for IE or flash for other browsers?
Sam  [vývojář] 22. dub. 2013 v 10.10 
For other browsers
Is there a way to download this addon and map and install it on a rented dedicated server? The only way to download and install that I can find is on the steam workshop. Where can I download the files for rented dedicated server usage?
Sam  [vývojář] 4. kvě. 2013 v 1.37 
Checkout the Workshop for Dedicated Servers guide on the Garry's Mod wiki here: http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Server/Workshop
Sam  [vývojář] 4. kvě. 2013 v 1.47 
I setup a collection which you can use for your dedicated server. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143148073

And, of course, you can create your own if you need to.
i was wondering if you could bypass not being able to play streams in the public theatres.
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 509 komentářů
Na stránku: 1530 50