Arma 3
Athena - An Arma 2nd Screen Application
bus  [δημιουργός] 2 Νοε 2017, 4:22
Feature Requests
Please post all feature requests here ... so I have one complete location to ignore requests j/k.

Things I want to implement and are 'on the radar':

1. Enable syncing of Athena created markers (not yet implemented) back into Arma.

2. Being able to pan the map in a way similiar to the Arma map (move edges to middle of window).

3. Allowing the control of Athena behaviour via scripting commands and possession of ingame items.

Things I want to implement but I'm pretty 'meh' about:

1. Satellite view. It's just a technical hurdle trying to enable the automatic export of the satellite image. I haven't invested time in evaluating the potential.

Some things I am not considering so dont bother asking:

1. Enabling display of 'intel', 'automated contact reports' or 'knows about' related information. Athena will be restricted to displaying information for only your side ... or if Athena ever uses in game objects, the side that an ingame object is tied to because I am purposefully avoiding 'cheat' arguments.

2. Enabling sync of map drawing from ingame to Athena and vice versa. BIS has not released any sort of scripting commands that would allow me to access that feature ingame and thus I can't enable it.

3. iOS/Android/Whatever. It's 'probably' not happening. The more bug reports I get in the desktop version, the less likely I am to have time to invest in enabling cross platform. That doesn't mean you should report bugs in the desktop version, it just means I have limited amount of time and the desktop will almost always be my priority. If you want to use Athena on a 2nd display: a Monitor is cheaper than a phone.

4. Mac OS X. It's just not happening.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από bus; 4 Νοε 2017, 11:58
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 37 σχόλια
bus  [δημιουργός] 2 Νοε 2017, 5:09 
Nope. Closed source today. Closed source tomorrow. Closed source forever!
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από bus; 2 Νοε 2017, 5:11
O_o! Leave us some space for plugin development, will you? :P Can't wait to integrate some TF radio frequency & vanilla sensor things.
- Outline for white markers so they show up without having to use heightmap background.
- Support for curves drawn on the in-game map using the ctrl tool.
- Show all friendly sides instead of just your side.
- (Allow an option to?) prevent metagaming by only tracking units that have GPS "ItemGPS" in (items player + assignedItems player). Throw in support for cTab (ItemAndroid,ItemcTab,ItemMicroDAGR) and ACE (whatever the classname for their microDAGR is) if you're feeling frisky.
- If you're feeling extra courageous you could keep track of all units the player has revealed (that in game reveal value), or units the player started the mission nearby, and only track those.
- A button to disable group BFT somewhere plain in the UI instead of just a hotkey you can set (that people may not find). Often missions use their own BFTs, and many (like F3) make markers and update them constantly, which may result in two markers squished over each other on Athena.
- Missionmaker options! I'd imagine some missionmakers (especially for units) may not want you to be able to track other players across the map but still want to let you have a second map. Just like some public variable they should set true on mission init?
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Whale:
ACE (whatever the classname for their microDAGR is) if you're feeling frisky.
"ACE_DAGR" actually.
bus  [δημιουργός] 2 Νοε 2017, 20:07 
gpgpgpgpgpgp, you touched on another app or two that I had wanted to do: an app that had flight instruments and such in it that would try to make use of the sensor overhaul and one that resembled something like a vehicle mounted radio that'd let you interact with TFAR/ACRE. I'm not sure if you'd need to build something like that 'in' Athena via a plugin system as in I'm not sure what advantages that would offer you but I'm open to hearing your thoughts on it.

Whale...you get a bullet pointed response:
1. Makes sense
2. The map drawing feature? They haven't exposed that via the scripting system as far as I know?
3. I tried that and it had some odd side effects, especially in single player.
4. This is actually a planned feature but a lot of the 'is athena enabled' stuff will be left up to mission scripters instead of the mod attaching itself to objects
5. The problem I have with that kind of a setup, even though I like it, is that someone will post a bug report claiming it isn't working and the actual issue will be in how ARMA detects and reports that stuff. I just feel like I'll be dealing with an endless run of bug reports.
6. You can hide the 'group' layer with that checkbox on the map tab. Is that what you're talking about?
7. I did have and still have yet to update the @athenadesigner mod which allowed the player to see everything. It was intended for use when designing missions so you can keep a tab on the AI but I have some reservations about enabling it for multiplayer. I'll think about it.
- zooming in on curser instead of the middel of the screen
- trees beeing also shown at 0.2 zoom
- beeing abel to move the camara out from the map (for example the lower lwft corner is still on the map but the top right not. this would be usfull in order to focus on somthing at the ege of the map while still having a good overview)
- smother hight lines ( they are at the moment not round)
- making it possible to show damage on vehicels
- sync of lines from athena to arma and back
- having the satalite picture in athena and beeing abel to overlat it with the hightmap
Ps: realy great mod! are you planing a similar mod with the radar screen and other flight informations?
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Dratam; 3 Νοε 2017, 7:06
bus  [δημιουργός] 3 Νοε 2017, 7:32 
-I had implemented zooming on cursor but I didn't care for it so i went back to screen middle
-Sometime in the future, I plan to create an interface that lets the users control what things appear at what zoom level and in what color
-Ah, yes, this is something I absolutely have wanted to do
-Hmmm, I've kind of got this whole 'blocky' look going.
-I dont think I'll go that route
-BIS has not exposed any of the map drawing interface via scripting as far as I know
-Not really sure how to obtain this tbh. I'll look into it.
-I had planned on it but Athena 'as is' has always kept me busy
Possible to resize to a stupidly small window? I got a Linx 7 Tablet with which I have zoom of 125% and in order to to see the Start/Stop buttons I have to change the zoom.

None the less, pretty dope.
bus  [δημιουργός] 4 Νοε 2017, 8:09 
I actually have a 1280*800 tablet: the Asus VivoTab Note 8. It's a handy little tablet. I use my SP4 more but I always liked the Asus. I'll see what I can do about getting it to work in the smaller format.
Is it possable to add it so that when the AI units fire or engage that their marker on the map corresponds to this? ie "Flickers"
One thing that came to my mind just after we had played our session with Zeus using the athena... i made some notes using the surface pro, and afterwards i had now to screengrab to have em saved... But would it be possible to export a current view/whole map to a A4 sized pdf with drawings?
bus  [δημιουργός] 6 Νοε 2017, 11:06 
In the upcoming release, the save / load feature will allow you to save a single frame of arma content including the units, groups, vehicles, markers and your own ink and then to open it back up later. I dont plan on exporting Athena content currently.
bus  [δημιουργός] 17 Νοε 2017, 5:29 
Objects on the card? I'm sorry. I don't understand.
Grid numbers? Also, it would be nice to click somewhere on the map and get a grid reference for the location.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 37 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50