Dungeon Defenders

Dungeon Defenders

Create and discover new mods & maps
Finding and installing new mods and custom maps is easier than ever before. Click here to learn how.
zaglis Jul 10, 2012 @ 12:49pm
Whats the point if you can't play the custom maps in ranked mode?
:/
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Kyhas Jul 10, 2012 @ 12:58pm 
It is to make it easier to create share and play maps, usually this is done for fun otherwise whats to stop people from making a grinding map :/
CORNBOMB Jul 10, 2012 @ 1:04pm 
Because... fun?
Mikeltje Jul 10, 2012 @ 1:21pm 
community voted maps perhaps ?
zaglis Jul 10, 2012 @ 1:48pm 
Originally posted by MDFMace:
Because... fun?

Getting loot and XP for your ranked characters is like HALF the fun of this game.

Originally posted by TCHS Kyhas:
It is to make it easier to create share and play maps, usually this is done for fun otherwise whats to stop people from making a grinding map :/

Then have 1 rule for the workshop : no XP grind maps, people should report them.
Or. What is the worst that can happen? Someone is simply robbing themselves of the fun of naturally earning XP.
Last edited by zaglis; Jul 10, 2012 @ 1:53pm
NewbishDM Jul 10, 2012 @ 2:10pm 
I don't see the problem here, this is following the same rules Trendy has had set up for mods since day 1. This makes it fair so people can't have an easy way of leveling/gearing their ranked characters.
Javbar Jul 10, 2012 @ 2:46pm 
the workshop should be in ranked mode, otherwise the people stop play in ranking mode D:
Nexussfire Jul 10, 2012 @ 3:16pm 
Can't have ranked mode because Ranked is for Legit Playing. Open mod allows mods and stuff. If you guys want it in ranked then some sort of pay system needs to come in because making maps takes a lot of time.
zaglis Jul 10, 2012 @ 3:29pm 
Originally posted by MLP I'm Scruffy, the Janitor:
I don't see the problem here, this is following the same rules Trendy has had set up for mods since day 1. This makes it fair so people can't have an easy way of leveling/gearing their ranked characters.

Gee, I do see a problem. The workshop being COMPLETELY POINTLESS because you can't do ranked games on custom legit, non-grind maps.
And do I really have to repeat myself? Grind maps - disallowed on workshop. Problem ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ solved.

The absolute least the developer can do is make a whitelist for custom maps like Tripwire did with Killing Floor. So, for DD - only whitlested maps show up in ranked mode.

Don't act stupid, people.
darksydephil Jul 10, 2012 @ 3:55pm 
Originally posted by zaglis:

Gee, I do see a problem. The workshop being COMPLETELY POINTLESS because you can't do ranked games on custom legit, non-grind maps.
And do I really have to repeat myself? Grind maps - disallowed on workshop. Problem ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ solved.

The absolute least the developer can do is make a whitelist for custom maps like Tripwire did with Killing Floor. So, for DD - only whitlested maps show up in ranked mode.

Don't act stupid, people.

We're not acting stupid,You just dont see the point of mods if its disallowed in ranked.

Even then you'd have to enforce the servers themselves if ranked and open are still gonna be seperate, But if you mean combine them and then do the whitelist feature then i -partially- agree.

The whitelist system isn't gold but it isn't coal either, Imagine it as a double edged sword, If you overswing it you're bound to hitting yourself no matter which "Blade" side you have pointed.

And finally

Its trendy's decision,If they want to listen to people wanting mods in ranked it's their choice to listen or ignore it, their not suppost to listen to you its all ultimately up to them for what they want to do with their game.
Last edited by darksydephil; Jul 10, 2012 @ 3:58pm
LaytonLoztew Jul 10, 2012 @ 4:00pm 
I don't see how the workshop is completely pointless just because you can't play custom maps on ranked mode. Disallowing grind maps means they have to put time in to actually enforce that rule, when time could be spent doing things other than looking through every map in the workshop. Even with a whitelist, they would have to put the time in to manually whitelist every map.

It works completely fine, and I hope to see it stay this way. Custom maps on ranked mode just seems silly.
The other thing to consider is that they want you to purchase map packs- So the only ranked games are on their own specially crafted maps
chester Jul 10, 2012 @ 8:44pm 
Yer Trendy will be taking the most popular maps and porting them into ranked, whether they will be free or map-packs remains to be seen
Marlzey Jul 11, 2012 @ 1:56am 
^ what he just said. xp grindin and loot farming is Not fun.
Hashbear Jul 11, 2012 @ 6:35am 
Originally posted by MDFMace:
Because... fun?
iamisom Jul 11, 2012 @ 9:04am 
We're looking into the possibility of adding more community maps to Ranked.

It all depends on the quality of the submitted maps. So make a really great map, and it's popular with the people, and we'll look into bringing it into Ranked. No promises, though. Things do come up. But it's something we'll keep an eye on. :^)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Per page: 1530 50