Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam?
Learn More
Left 4 Dead 3 Wanted Content
A few months ago I came across a leak about VALVe working on Left 4 Dead 3. And I didn't think of much at the time, though, when I started playing Left 4 Dead 2 again, I started to think about it. Anyways, I just wanted to ask anyone who reads this: requests for content in Left 4 Dead 3. Be creative, and remember, I could contact Gaben about this due to him leaving his e-mail on Portal 2. And such.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
Stark Raven 4 Sep 18, 2013 @ 8:28pm 
1) Client-side modding only. I firmly believe a hats/weapon customization system would only ruin the game as it stands. I think the same for leveling and perks.

2) Atmosphere. Left 4 Dead had it, L4D2 doesn't. It suffers for it.

3) More firearms, if proper niches can be found for them. Or at least the ability to add them to custom campaigns.

4) Versus matchmaking and an extended server choosing system.

5) ADS as a cosmetic feature. Because it feels good.
Originally posted by Those Dirty Blues:
1) Client-side modding only. I firmly believe a hats/weapon customization system would only ruin the game as it stands. I think the same for leveling and perks.

2) Atmosphere. Left 4 Dead had it, L4D2 doesn't. It suffers for it.

3) More firearms, if proper niches can be found for them. Or at least the ability to add them to custom campaigns.

4) Versus matchmaking and an extended server choosing system.

5) ADS as a cosmetic feature. Because it feels good.
Agreed. Maybe we could find out how the zombie apocalypse happened in hidden writings or something?
Svide 3 Sep 22, 2013 @ 12:11pm 
The characters man dont make them shaved and happy and stuff make wear stuff like the l4d1 beta models and give it that horrific atmosphere cause l4d2 reminds me of a little kid game
Stark Raven 4 Sep 22, 2013 @ 4:47pm 
Originally posted by Gideon the Judge:
... 6. Carry over L4D & L4D2 campaigns. What I mean is do what was done in L4D2, they ported the L4D campaigns into L4D2, so that you can play them. ...
I take issue with this idea because it's partially responsible for the decline of Left 4 Dead. Nearly anyone who hasn't played Left 4 Dead now declares it obsolete because some version of the campaigns are in Left 4 Dead 2. (I still want to murder whoever made the metal detector panic event mandatory.)
Left 4 Dead 2 still has a thriving aftermarket community, and I fully expect it to continue even after L4D3 comes out, so long as Valve doesn't pull another game-killing stunt like they did to L4D (which quite frankly, they did a less than stellar job of). Addon ports would be fine by me, because then I could use them at my leisure. It might be interesting to see those campaings through a new game engine.

(Yeah, I'm a bit of a purist, but I feel Left 4 Dead is a game worthy of being purist about.)
o9enolc Sep 30, 2013 @ 11:02am 
I'd say I'd request
1. More Guns, if possible (y'know, the "Number 4 Request of Gideon The Judge)
2. L4D2's Vpks to be ported over to L4D3. (To simplify the transfer of favourite add-on survivors, infected, weapons, maps, etc)Same goes for Every Map from L4D1 & L4D2!
3. A new type of boss battle, like fighting Killing Floor's "The Patriarch", alongside existing Tank and Witch fights!
4. Survivors able to carry a Primary Weapon, Sidearm, Melee Weapon, Grenade, Backpack item (Healthkit, defib, special ammo, etc.), pills/adrenaline, all At The Same Time.
What's your opinion on the matter?
Originally posted by o9enolc:
I'd say I'd request
2. L4D2's Vpks to be ported over to L4D3. (To simplify the transfer of favourite add-on survivors, infected, weapons, maps, etc)Same goes for Every Map from L4D1 & L4D2!
3. A new type of boss battle, like fighting Killing Floor's "The Patriarch", alongside existing Tank and Witch fights!
4. Survivors able to carry a Primary Weapon, Sidearm, Melee Weapon, Grenade, Backpack item (Healthkit, defib, special ammo, etc.), pills/adrenaline, all At The Same Time.
My opinion? Basically, I agree with you. And yes there is a shortage of weapons in Left 4 Dead. Maybe add optional ADS? Not saying the game needs it, there just are moments when they would come in handy.
PЯΘ₣ІŦ۸۸ Oct 5, 2013 @ 12:51pm 
Jojo jsi kokot
o9enolc Dec 22, 2013 @ 6:57am 
Originally posted by Condescending Zombie:
I'd say I'd request
My opinion? Basically, I agree with you. And yes there is a shortage of weapons in Left 4 Dead. Maybe add optional ADS? Not saying the game needs it, there just are moments when they would come in handy.
Aiming Down Sights? Wouldn't Quick-Time-Events be more useful?(I was thinking "Special Infected trying to get the jump on you, no pals around to shunt him off!")
Originally posted by Condescending Zombie:
Aiming Down Sights? Wouldn't Quick-Time-Events be more useful?(I was thinking "Special Infected trying to get the jump on you, no pals around to shunt him off!")
Optional F-ing ADS, what's wrong with that? It would certainley get some angry COD fans off L4D's aiming back!
わためいと Dec 25, 2013 @ 3:19pm 
Funny how people used to boycott Left 4 Dead 2 for releasing sequel too fast, and now we don't have sequel for 4 years... ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ have it's price...
PAPAMAYO Dec 25, 2013 @ 5:28pm 
dude the ability to combine weapons like a rifle and flamethrower (like how ripley did in aliens) would be legit. also a flamethrower in general. maybe zombies that look more ripped up and eaten. also sprinting
rightous1 Dec 25, 2013 @ 9:20pm 
More Guns, a little less special infected. because with the jockey and charger added to the lot. it got kind of annoying and very hard to complete some of the finales, like the bridge finale on The Parish even on normal mode. I agree on the melee slot and a side arm slot, its stupid not to have a melee weapon along with your side arm. I can understand the challenge and balance but it kind of leans on one weapon that everyone uses and thats the melee.
rightous1 Dec 25, 2013 @ 10:15pm 
also there should be a futuristic weapon set too like in BF2142. That would be awesome!!
CHAOZ Dec 26, 2013 @ 6:51am 
A 50.cal would be good but like the m60 in L4D2 limited ammo
wizardofstone Dec 26, 2013 @ 9:03am 
i think there should be something like creating your own character + xp( leveling + skills) because play 3 times for same characters is sad i really think create your own character is awesome. Btw skills and XP could be awesome no just fire fire fire fire ,....
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Sep 18, 2013 @ 2:11pm