Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer

New Battlefields await you!
Find and download new maps, mods, and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam for everyone to see? Click here to learn how.
Pte Maylam May 30, 2013 @ 3:39pm
"Speed Hack Detected"
Hello folks,

I've recently noticed an increase in the amount of 'speed hack detected' messages, to the point where I have been turfed off a server a few times. This is frustrating because it means losing all the xp etc earnt for that map. I don't cheat and I don't hack, and recently my ping has usually been around 130-60. But if there's a big lag, the server will move me back to a previous position, and assume I cheated to get there so quickly, and deploy the speed hack message.

Is there anything that may be done to avoid this?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Batya May 31, 2013 @ 4:39am 
i have the same problem
StoneCold Jun 2, 2013 @ 3:47am 
This is a serverside setting that can be disabled. I disabled it on my server seeing that a lot of the international and some local players in my country expierenced and then PB having a hissy fit over it. Here's hoping that any players that I might have lost because of this stupid message come back again :)
Pte Maylam Jun 2, 2013 @ 4:52am 
True! I hope it's disabled, because it is really quite frustrating. Thing is, I've never seen anyone hacking ever. No aimbots, no speed hacks.
Madimonster64 Jun 28, 2013 @ 10:22am 
Thats one of the things I like about this game. People play the game, rather than hack it.
YodelingYoda Sep 9, 2013 @ 6:40pm 
Originally posted by Madithebanzai:
Thats one of the things I like about this game. People play the game, rather than hack it.
thats true, out of the hundred someodd hours i have played i only encountered two hackers.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50