FaceRig

FaceRig

Share your Creations with Everyone!
FaceRig Workshop allows everyone to share their creations, like Avatars, Props or Backgrounds.
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Aty  [developer] Dec 17, 2015 @ 4:38am
When uploading Live2D characters that are not your own creations on the Workshop
Hi folks,

Please note that when you upload a Live2D character that is not your own creation, you will have to have permission from the rights owner.
Workshop items that violate copyright law will be banned and if the user is a repeat offender they may also get banned.

Thanks for understanding.
Last edited by Aty; Dec 17, 2015 @ 4:45am
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Holotech Studios  [developer] Dec 17, 2015 @ 5:20am 
Hello Folks.

We are supper happy you love Live2D avatars. We love them too. They are AMAZING!

However posting on the workshop Live2D models whose data is ripped from other published games (be they on PC, PSP or Android or any other platform) is not only illegal and unethical, but also can create trouble between us and Valve, Live2D and the copyright holders. So please do not do this, no matter how you got the data.

Keep in mind that posting ripped content is a different thing entirely than someone doing some Fanart or a reinterpretation, or a caricature of an established character . While Fanart is a bit in a gray area, ( and some publishers even are okay with it - but still you should check), and caricatures or satire of a copyrighted character is in most cases 100% legal, uploading ripped art content is not okay in the slightest. It creates legal headaches for everyone involved. So please do not do it :).

Today we had to ban three such avatars from the workshop when Live2D immediately recognized them and reported them to us.

This goes for all copyrighted data, not just Live2D.

The only way we could ever be able to allow such actions is if you had formal permission from the copyright owners to do that with their data, before posting it.
Last edited by Holotech Studios; Dec 17, 2015 @ 11:41am
Holotech Studios  [developer] Dec 24, 2015 @ 6:18am 
To be clear: the restriction stated above also applies to any facerig created screenshots or movies of these stolen avatars :)
satabear 1 Jan 28, 2016 @ 11:10pm 
I found a cute drawing online, and I redrew it to make it work with Live2D, for learning purposes. I looked around for the original artist, and found out their name but their DeviantArt account is now disabled. I was unable to contact them to ask for their permission to upload to the Workshop.

I have uploaded it to the workshop, but credited the original artist. Is this allowed? If not, I apologize and I will take it down.
Aty  [developer] Jan 29, 2016 @ 1:28am 
Hi satabear, if you redrew it and made it so it is usable in Live2D, then it can be considered fanmade.
However, you should keep trying to find the original artist and be sure that you have his/her permission.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 15 30 50