They Are Billions

They Are Billions

Custom Levels for They Are Billions
Add custom levels to They Are Billions by subscribing to these workshop items!
Learn More
Dead_Wish Dec 4, 2018 @ 6:50am
NEED HELP 1.) Choose Option into Choose Option, request back button. 2.) Can I display text that tells the player what their Hope(Custom Variable) is w/ out redundancy
1st.) I have not figured out how you can make a back button does anyone know how? I have a choose option, into a choose option. I want to be able to go back into the first option after you already pressed the second option. For example, I have a temperature mechanic (through custom variables) and to keep warm you have to choose different branches of heating such as insulation,electric heaters, blankets, wood heating. When you select that branch there are multiple options in the wood heating branch such as upgrading the efficiency of wood heating, using different types of wood, using more wood. (This is to allow the player to choose their own path in managing their warmth depending on how they set up their base.)

I want/don't know how to allow the user to press the wood branch and be able to go back to see the other branches if they want to see the options in wood heating as well as insulation without having to commit to choosing one or the other and not being able to go back.

The only solutions I have come up with is to have a back button that leads into the exact same block of code, but then I would have to spam the block everytime someone presses back (Making a GIGANTIC MESS, and needless redundancy). Or to have the event repeat itself every hour until they choose an option that sets off a custom variable that is required to initiate the choose option in the first place. Making the back button not actually set off any code, but rather just letting the event repeat its self in an in-game hour, and their final selected option makes the variable to initiate the entire choose option (choosing different heating options) not set off the event anymore.

For example, have the conditions for starting the entire choose option into choose option have another custom variable (EXAMPLE - Customvariable = COFinished)

Condition - COFinished = 0, ChooseOption

then once they decide on which path they would like to go down, have the option they choose set COFinished = COFinished + 1
Therefore once they choose their directed path it won't use the choose option again until another event sets COFinished back to 0.

Super unintuitive for the player (Having to wait an in-game hour in order to see all the options again).

2nd.) I do not know/not sure if there is a way to display what a custom variable is at unless extremely redundant coding. For example, Hope is a custom variable that is changed based on your decisions in the game. So if you choose to have child workers your hope will fall, but I want to be able to display exactly how much hope they have at the time. So what I wish is that I could have in a display message in the text section "Your Hope is at (Display: CustomVariable = Hope) out of 100." Therefore it would display what your current hope is without having to have MULTIPLE display messages saying "Your Hope is at 50 out of 100." with the condition Hope = 50 and doing this every time your hope is different. It can work but is EXTREMELY redundant.

This is the only way I see how to do this at the moment is to spam display messages with custom conditions like this V.
Display Message = "Your Hope is at 50 out of 100." with the condition Hope = 50
Display Message = "Your Hope is at 55 out of 100." with the condition Hope = 55
Display Message = "Your Hope is at 60 out of 100." with the condition Hope = 60
Display Message = "Your Hope is at 65 out of 100." with the condition Hope = 65
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Numantian Games  [developer] 1 Dec 4, 2018 @ 9:06am 
Hi!
- We are developing right now Action Loop, Break and Exit . So you can implement looped menus and or dialog systems.
. Also, we will add soon the new feature to add a custom button for the command center to display your custom script. So you can for example, put your Temperature Control Panel there.
Dead_Wish Dec 4, 2018 @ 10:26am 
Originally posted by Numantian Games:
Hi!
- We are developing right now Action Loop, Break and Exit . So you can implement looped menus and or dialog systems.
. Also, we will add soon the new feature to add a custom button for the command center to display your custom script. So you can for example, put your Temperature Control Panel there.

Do you have an estimation date on when these updates will arrive?

And I just have to say I really appreciate all of the work you guys are putting in and how quickly you are replying to your consumers/content creators! Seriously above and beyond any other company I have conversed with.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 15 30 50