They Are Billions

They Are Billions

Custom Levels for They Are Billions
Add custom levels to They Are Billions by subscribing to these workshop items!
Learn More
Joekirk 3 Nov 27, 2018 @ 6:29pm
(Suggestion) A 'Delay' script aciton.
I think a 'Delay' script action would be quite helpful. Instead of having to tie things to the game's calender, you can set events and scripts to go off a specific time after an event/script, instead of immediately at certain game days and when events fire.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
JustGoFly 2 Nov 27, 2018 @ 7:25pm 
How would you handle an event happening on day 1, 9 minutes into the game, that brings up a dialog with choices, then at 10 mins you want another dialog to appear, but the first is not dismissed yet? Seems you wouldn't be able to plan things properly if you didn't use the game time which is Days and Hours. If I pause for 20 minutes, I don't want to come back to 10 message boxes on the screen all telling me how bad I am.
Numantian Games  [developer] 1 Nov 28, 2018 @ 12:28am 
Hi, the timing of the scripts is managed via the events. The scrips are just a code that it is executed when the event fires.

You can get the same result by a different method. For example to trigger an script just 10 days after another script is executed.
- Create a user variable: TimeFirstScript
- In the first script execute the code: TimeFirstScript = Days; // To assign the current game day to the variable.
- And then create a new event with the condition: (Days>=TimeFirstScript+10 ) or even (Days>=TimeFirstScript+10 +Random(-2,2)) to add a 2 days random offset.

Last edited by Numantian Games; Nov 28, 2018 @ 12:28am
Joekirk 3 Nov 28, 2018 @ 12:47am 
@JustGoFly
What the Devs added is basically what I was describing, and sounds like it can be done already. Just takes a bit more work than having a dedicated action for it.

Thank you.
JustGoFly 2 Nov 28, 2018 @ 10:11am 
Brilliant, I love the answer from the devs and very useful.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 15 30 50