They Are Billions

They Are Billions

Custom Levels for They Are Billions
Add custom levels to They Are Billions by subscribing to these workshop items!
Learn More
This topic has been locked
Joekirk 3 Nov 23, 2018 @ 6:13pm
I can't get custom variables to work.
I'm trying to set up a conditional script that only triggers if a custom variable is a certain number. I'm setting its initial value to 10, and setting the script's condition to check that the value is such.
But using the following string
Originally posted by string:
Variable>=10
Only yields the following error
Originally posted by error:
"The condition 'Variable>=10' throw the following exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
But if I substitute one of the game's variables it works. Let's use Workers in this example
Originally posted by string:
Workers>=10
It's the same syntax, and it should be the same value right? But the first gives me an error and the second runs the script properly.

Additionally, if I call the first script TWICE, say with a repeated event, it gives me the error message the first time and then proceeds to work every time after. Can someone explain this to me? Thank you.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Basiic Nov 23, 2018 @ 7:02pm 
Same thing is happening to me. Can't get any of my custom scripts to work because the custom variables won't work.
Numantian Games  [developer] 1 Nov 24, 2018 @ 12:25am 
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. It was a bug when a variable is reference for the first time.
It is fixed, just restart Steam to update the game.
Thanks!
Joekirk 3 Nov 24, 2018 @ 1:57am 
Originally posted by Numantian Games:
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. It was a bug when a variable is reference for the first time.
It is fixed, just restart Steam to update the game.
Thanks!
Thank you!
I should be on track for getting my custom map out a day before the editor releases now.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 15 30 50