Age of Empires II (2013)

Age of Empires II (2013)

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
dippiiduu Jul 10, 2018 @ 4:09pm
Mod Request: Color Blind friendly minimap
I've having some trouble with the minimap with green and red... has someone a mod that changes the players colors?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Zetnus 59 Jul 12, 2018 @ 12:20pm 
Minimap color mods require changing the gamedata file. In practice this means that such a mod can only be used in multiplayer if the host selects it (and then it will apply to everyone). In singleplayer you are always the host, so that is no issue, but you basically would not be able to be able to use it in multiplayer.

An alternative is to select "friend or foe colors" in the options in game. That will make all enemies red, all neutrals yellow, and yourself blue. I don't know if that would help.
Last edited by Zetnus; Jul 12, 2018 @ 12:21pm
Jagulars 4 Jul 13, 2018 @ 12:01am 
What do you mean "would not be able to use in multiplayer"? As long as he hosts the game it will be no problem at all.
Zetnus 59 Jul 13, 2018 @ 10:52am 
Yes. But I'm not sure how easy it is to fill a modded lobby. People might be sceptical abbout playing with some data mod active that they don't know about.
Jagulars 4 Jul 13, 2018 @ 11:47am 
From my experience, many people don't even notice that it's modded. They just join whatever lobby and long after starting the game, are surprised to find out that it's modded.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 10, 2018 @ 4:09pm