Transport Fever

Transport Fever

Customize your game!
Create, share and install mods. Customize the game with new vehicles, stations, assets and more.
TelMan 31 stycznia 2017 o 3:24
Missing mods from FXK2
Does anyone know why FXK2 has removed their mods from steam, as several of my saves now dont work and was wondering why he has taken this action. I hope all is ok as was a great resource in Beta testing and general support for Train and Transport Fever and a great modder.:steamsad:
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 19 komentarzy
Kiwi [NZ] 31 stycznia 2017 o 15:31 
Some of the content was stolen
[RWB] FxUK 18 31 stycznia 2017 o 19:43 
The mods I uploaded where on behalf of another user from TransportFever.net, with his permission to do so of course, he was also listed as creator and posted the steam links on his TpF downloads. The reason I uploaded them and not him, was due to him not having the steam version of the game in order to do so.

However, he recently requested that they be removed, he has also removed them from TpF.net too, not sure of the reasoning behind it, sorry. :steamsad:

Ostatnio edytowany przez: [RWB] FxUK; 31 stycznia 2017 o 19:44
TelMan 1 lutego 2017 o 1:36 
Damn, as I had them in a saved game and now cant open due to them being removed. Why do modders do this... He really did great work but surely he must know that removing them is going to destroy someones game... bit selfish if you ask me... oh well i am going to have restart again. :(
Jones 43 1 lutego 2017 o 1:41 
If the user was using models from other games, could be he was asked to remove them even he didn't want to. Unfortunate but there's always a risk when using mods
[RWB] FxUK 18 1 lutego 2017 o 7:23 
Początkowo opublikowane przez TelMan:
Damn, as I had them in a saved game and now cant open due to them being removed. Why do modders do this... He really did great work but surely he must know that removing them is going to destroy someones game... bit selfish if you ask me... oh well i am going to have restart again. :(

That doesnt sound correct to me... sorry if it is though :(

I'm not a fan of deleting mods etc and will never do that with my own stuff, but the other mods where removed in such a way that it won't (or shouldn't) delete it from your hard drive, because I care about that myself.

So if you had them, you should still have them.. at least, I do.... and I am not referring to the 'staging area versions' either, the subscribed versions are still in my steam workshop content folder and work in-game as expected.

Apologies if not, but there was little I could do about it. :steamsad:
I won't be uploading on behalf of anybody again, that's for sure.

Początkowo opublikowane przez Kiwi NZ:
Some of the content was stolen
So it seems :( but not by me :)

There is a topic over on TpF here:
https://www.transportfever.net/index.php/Thread/7380-Unrechtm%C3%A4%C3%9Fige-Verwendung-von-fremden-Modellen/?postID=143155#post143155
Ostatnio edytowany przez: [RWB] FxUK; 1 lutego 2017 o 7:49
BuffHamster 11 1 lutego 2017 o 12:59 
Aw, FX2K, I guess that you were caught in the middle of the debacle, ... it appears that the models were stolen from MSTS sources? or someone claimed they were? (I rely on Google page translations)

Many are having trouble with Workshop content subscribed and later deleted (generally due to stolen IP), subsequently breaking their savegames. I understand the frustration as many savegames sometimes have hours and hours of work invested in them, only to suddenly have to start all over again?

It has happened to me once, and there after, I have taken to backing up the Workshop folder.

Początkowo opublikowane przez FX2K:
I won't be uploading on behalf of anybody again, that's for sure.
A wise choice.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions.
-unknown

EDIT: here is a list of the deleted mods from that page:
802,349,779 -DMA Red Lights
831,745,717 -Hz Catenary
802,365,126 -DMA All Vehicles From 1950
802,346,906 -DMA Residents
802,365,368 -DMA Speed Limits
824 819 379 -DMA 40t Trucks & Trailers - Scania R480
808 552 334 -DMA 40t Trucks & Trailers - MAN TGS
818,660,146 Euro -DMA company - HZ Set
818,660,216 Euro -DMA company - FS-CSI Set
818,660,048 Euro -DMA company - OBB Set
802 345 075 -DMA Passenger Cars
804 828 109 -DMA Modern Buses
818 944 886 - HZ 6111 Train
824,820,440 -DMA - Vans
818,660,508 Euro -DMA company - CD Set
818,659,896 Euro -DMA company - SBB SNCB Set
818,660,439 Euro -DMA company - CFR PKPIC Set
802 350 204 -DMA Railways signal
843,749,846 -DMA Roundabouts
817,140,084 -Hz 1141 Locomotives
817,139,796 -Hz 1061 Locomotives
818,660,360 Euro -DMA company - DB1 Set
833 694 881 -Hz 7123 / DB 612
818 659 566 Euro -DMA company coaches - Base Set
818,660,287 Euro -DMA company - DB2 Set
802 086 730 -DMA Truck and bus / Tram staions
842,087,115 -Hz 206x Locomotives

Apparently, someone claimed only 3 or 4 of the models used were "stolen" and the author chose to pull all of his content from Steam and Transportfever.net. I had 2 of those mods on the list, the 'roundabouts' and the 'stations*', ... glad I backed up my folder, as those clearly do not have "stolen" models.

*hopefully, as even those are now suspect.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: BuffHamster; 1 lutego 2017 o 13:21
TelMan 2 lutego 2017 o 2:45 
Hi FX2k, please dont take anything from what i have said to be reflected back to you... not the case at all.. Its unfortunate you have been brought into the middle of this.... I have found the items in a backup of mine and restored so all is good. The author, i can understand if the modes were stolen and he would be upset but I think he has been a bit petulant and selfish as the users who downloaded them was in good faith and shouldnt be punished by the modder. Anyway FX2K, you have contributed a lot though the beta and was very good resource so again i hope the is incident hasnt upset you to much. :)
SirLANsalot 9 lutego 2017 o 19:57 
DMA Truck and bus / Tram stations most important one of all the DMA mods, put that one back up, doesn't matter if the little ____ stain wants it removed or not, the fact is, cats out of the bag and a great many people use that mod among others. Removing mods breaks peoples games, that is why they should NEVER, EVER, be removed unless told to BY STEAM themselves.

Too bad the idiot didn't get the steam version of the game, otherwise I would be cursing him out for being a tard.

I have a few workshop stuff myself I have put up for Space Engineers, and while they are a bit dated now, I will never remove them unless they hit 0 subs, then, AND ONLY THEN, you know its safe to remove it.
Skiwee 8 10 lutego 2017 o 4:15 
Początkowo opublikowane przez SirLANsalot:
DMA Truck and bus / Tram stations most important one of all the DMA mods, put that one back up, doesn't matter if the little ____ stain wants it removed or not, the fact is, cats out of the bag and a great many people use that mod among others. Removing mods breaks peoples games, that is why they should NEVER, EVER, be removed unless told to BY STEAM themselves.

Too bad the idiot didn't get the steam version of the game, otherwise I would be cursing him out for being a tard.

I have a few workshop stuff myself I have put up for Space Engineers, and while they are a bit dated now, I will never remove them unless they hit 0 subs, then, AND ONLY THEN, you know its safe to remove it.
The title "Sir" does not befit you... name calling won't help your cause or find a solution. And the mods being removed is more a legal matter. Just because it's an inconvenience, still doesn't allow anyone to leave mods up for public use.

p.s. a solution is being worked on so you won't want to delete your saves either.
[RWB] FxUK 18 10 lutego 2017 o 5:06 
Początkowo opublikowane przez SirLANsalot:

As I mentioned above and have numerous times, if you had an active subscription to the mod(s) then it/they should remain installed, unless you reinstall your game etc, not much I can do about that though. I did my best to obide by the authors request of removing them, but without breaking saves and for the most part, that seems to have been successful.

For my personal mods, I feel the same as you.
I would never any of my mods, even if only 1 person had subscribed, but in the case of the DMA mods, I had no choice, since I was only the messanger.

Whilst It is a shame that the author decided to remove all of his mods, even those not subject to the copyright claim, that's his choice, nothing anybody can do about it, aside from Urban Games coding in methods to counter-act such things, but being new to the workshop integration, it takes time to discover potential issues, so for now, it is what it is.

Besides, starting new games is the best bit, if you ask me :)

P.S. The name calling is uncalled for, a copied model or not, Danny still did some great work and had some great inspiring ideas for Transport Fever, such as the roundabouts. There is no doubt in my mind that he was talented, some of the code required for those mods, such as the lane work, isnt the easiest thing to put together.
Perhaps saw an opportunity (with a model or two) and took it without considering the consequences.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: [RWB] FxUK; 10 lutego 2017 o 5:11
dragnman71 11 lutego 2017 o 3:15 
Man this bites, most of the mods I wanted were on that list!!!
BuffHamster 11 11 lutego 2017 o 11:52 
Początkowo opublikowane przez dragnman71:
Indeed. If you are interested, I have:
  • DMA Railways signal
  • DMA Truck and bus / Tram staions
  • DMA Roundabouts
They were the most subscribed of the list, but is it okay to link to my Google Drive to get the backups?
Skiwee 8 11 lutego 2017 o 12:21 
Początkowo opublikowane przez BuffHamster:
Początkowo opublikowane przez dragnman71:
  • DMA Railways signal
  • DMA Roundabouts
They were the most subscribed of the list, but is it okay to link to my Google Drive to get the backups?
Legally speaking no (you effectively leave the consequences to someone else). If someone happen to stumble upon them, then I guess thats more a grey-area. But effectively undermining the modders request to have them removed and have new people download it just because it has sinds gained alot of attention.
If you realy want to help try joining who ever is making the fix.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Skiwee; 11 lutego 2017 o 12:22
BuffHamster 11 11 lutego 2017 o 12:45 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Skiwee:
Początkowo opublikowane przez BuffHamster:
  • DMA Railways signal
  • DMA Roundabouts
Legally speaking no ...
If you realy want to help try joining who ever is making the fix.
... ah, the student has become the master, (I'm so proud), but seriously, a salient point (cold meds are making my brain all squishy). I will not give out the link.

So, tell me more about this fix? Is it in the MfM Group? or Discord?
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 19 komentarzy
Na stronę: 15 30 50