Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Läs mer
BEEMOD & BEE2 Add new elements to your puzzle editor
BEEMOD Version 1.05
A Portal 2 mod compatible with all operating systems, which adds 10 new items to the default Portal 2 palette.
Created by BenVlodgi & Rantis.
More information on the official page. http://portal2backstock.com/bee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tVigWr1JoI

BEE2 Version 2.5 Alpha
An external application(only compatible with windows) which exports modded resources files(compatible with all operating systems) for Portal 2.
The BEE2 allows the user to customize their palette with various items from other resouces mods, with the added ability to change the style of the compiled chamber.
Created by BenVlodgi & Carl.Kenner
More information on the official page. https://github.com/BEEmod/BEE2.2

BEE2 Version 4.0 [LATEST]
An external application(only compatible with windows) which exports modded resources files(compatible with all operating systems) for Portal 2. This new version is written in python and should be able to run on all operating systems. Check for the latest release here![github.com]
Created by Teamspen210 & Community

Remember
When you create your chamber remember to put the #BEEMOD in the description to help other find your map like right HERE!

If you want to learn how to go beyond the PTI altogether please check out TopHattWaffle's hammer tutorials[www.tophattwaffle.com].
To see the old OP including some situational updates about the product dating back to the BEEMOD 1.0.0 release you can view it here[pastebin.com].

Additional BEE2 Information
The BEE2.2.5 is very buggy and development on this branch has ceased. A skilled Portal 2 modder has actually fixed many resource bugs that were included in the release as well as adding new items. Pick up Teamspen210's Package of updates HERE![teamspen210.github.io]

BEE2.4.x is the best version to get. Get it Here![github.com]

The BEE2 itself is simply just an application which combines other mods together in a way that your Portal 2 client can understand.
The BEE2 comes with exclusive mod content(Rexura items) that have not been released in any other PTI mod. However the BEE2 does come packed with your favorite PTI mods. Check out the original versions of those PTI mods from the list below:
  • Carl Kenner's Style Mod - Integrates with your Puzzlemaker to allow you to build puzzles in other styles other than Clean. Get it HERE
  • HWM's PTI Extension - Adds new items to your PTI Palette, including visual gates, portal magnets, and more! Get it HERE[forums.thinking.withportals.com]
  • FGEMOD (Felix Griffin's Editor Mod) - allows your to change the layout and add new items to the PTI all by yourself. Get it HERE[forums.thinking.withportals.com]

BEE2 development details
  • BEE2 Version 1.* did not include stylemod support and was never released to the public.
  • BEE2 Version 2.* is a released version of the BEE2. The BEE2.2 in alpha and contains many bugs.
  • BEE2 Version 3.* was an overhauled version of the BEE2 written in C#, and used a WPF GUI. Development on this branch has ceased.
  • BEE2 Version 4.* is currently under active development. The BEE2.4 is written in Python as to support all operating systems. To participate in development clone the repo from GitHub[github.com].
Senast ändrad av BenVlodgi; 3 sep, 2022 @ 8:32
< >
Visar 1-15 av 5,150 kommentarer
Ciirulean 5 12 aug, 2012 @ 18:54 
Hold on a minute, why is this not just an update? Why can't you send this to VALVe and have them make it and update!?
BenVlodgi 9 12 aug, 2012 @ 19:23 
It wasn't developed by them, there is probably a reason they didn't include these items. I just made them so you guys could use them if you want to. Who knows perhaps some of these may one day be included in the game. I am in contact with people who work on Portal 2, and this puzzlemaker, and right now they are working on some nice additions
BenVlodgi 9 13 aug, 2012 @ 1:08 
Update 1.02 released[portal2backstock.com]
Update Log:
=============================1.02=============================
  • Fixed warm light strip selection
  • Fixed broken NOT gate
Senast ändrad av BenVlodgi; 13 aug, 2012 @ 1:08
I'm still having problems with the NOT gate.

OK, so I have a door connected to a button and a NOT gate. The NOT gate is activated by a trigger behind the door. The idea is to open the door with the button, then have it close as I walk through. But when I start the level, the NOT gate seems to "overwrite" the other connections, and the door is automatically opened, even though I'm not pressing the button. I stand on the button, and the door stays open. But when I get off, the "overwriting" behaviour ceases, and the door closes. Everything works normally from then on.

Is there any way this could be fixed?
DannyVFilms 17 13 aug, 2012 @ 10:15 
There is a problem with the pneumatic diversity vent. I told the vent do not start active, and put a turret under it. When I entered the chamber, the turret went up...just a little...then down. Also, why is the focus when placing the vent in the editor on the part that connects to the ceiling? When I select the vent in the editor, it should focus on the center of the floor part for where it goes. Right now I have to place it on the ceiling. Was this intended?
BenVlodgi 9 13 aug, 2012 @ 18:22 
Ursprungligen skrivet av N_Sunderland:
I'm still having problems with the NOT gate.

OK, so I have a door connected to a button and a NOT gate. The NOT gate is activated by a trigger behind the door. The idea is to open the door with the button, then have it close as I walk through. But when I start the level, the NOT gate seems to "overwrite" the other connections, and the door is automatically opened, even though I'm not pressing the button. I stand on the button, and the door stays open. But when I get off, the "overwriting" behaviour ceases, and the door closes. Everything works normally from then on.

Is there any way this could be fixed?
you made sure that you connected the button to the door?... can you send me your p2c file, and I'll check it out

Ursprungligen skrivet av Supreme Gamer:
There is a problem with the pneumatic diversity vent. I told the vent do not start active, and put a turret under it. When I entered the chamber, the turret went up...just a little...then down. Also, why is the focus when placing the vent in the editor on the part that connects to the ceiling? When I select the vent in the editor, it should focus on the center of the floor part for where it goes. Right now I have to place it on the ceiling. Was this intended?
thats because of the floor tiles, and the turret is spawning in the floor, I'll try to change that for a later update. and yes that was the desired behavior, that way people didn't leave vents ending in mid air
I've got the P2C file... How exactly do I send it to you?
BenVlodgi 9 14 aug, 2012 @ 6:32 
you can upload to dropbox or email it to me at BenVlodgi@gmail.com
Will do that now.
Sent
DannyVFilms 17 14 aug, 2012 @ 11:45 
Couldn't you just make the vent longer? Let the extra stick throught the ceiling for those pesky noclipers to look at?
DannyVFilms 17 14 aug, 2012 @ 14:13 
Yeah, what are logic gates? And why do people make maps that show logic gates?
BenVlodgi 9 14 aug, 2012 @ 16:54 
the logic gates control invisible logic which you normally have access to in hammer.
The next portal 2 update will give you the ability to make these completely invisible, so you could make invisible traps or something.... logic gates really help when dealing with autoportals
carl.kenner 9 14 aug, 2012 @ 17:23 
"Logic Gates" is just the fancy word for OR, AND, and NOT. For example, you want the door to open if they press the button OR the other button. Maybe you want the door to open when they do NOT press the buttons. Maybe you want the door to open when you press one button AND the other button. That's all the "Logic Gates" means.

You connect the two buttons to the "logic gate" and then connect the "logic gate" to the door. Right click on the logic gate and change the "button type" to change whether it's AND, OR, or NOT.
BenVlodgi 9 14 aug, 2012 @ 18:17 
because the update has nothing to do with what we're developing. Also in-case you didn't notice,my mod is actually done. you can download it now. right now I'm patching my internal version so it works with the next update
< >
Visar 1-15 av 5,150 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50